Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54268 - 21 Jun 07 12:54 Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories??
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Why is it that I can't help but click on any headline about Paris Hilton? She annoys me so much and yet I keep adding to her annoyance levels by clicking to find out more about the spoiled princess. Is it just me that suffers from this strange affliction?

She represents so much which is bad in a person .. self obsessed, selfish, talentless, soulless, self promoting etc

And yet even when I promise myself I will never click on another link about her I find myself hovering over yet another link to read what the moron has been up to again!!

#54269 - 21 Jun 07 12:56 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: chewwyUK]
Just Offline
Member+++

Loc: Obviously not your place!
Quoting: chewwyUK
Is it just me that suffers from this strange affliction?

It's just you and so with other guys, chew! grin

#54283 - 21 Jun 07 13:49 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Just]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Ha ha, not me! I've seen One Night in Paris (and I admit that she has a great blow job ability)therefore, I have no need to see anymore of her!

#54293 - 21 Jun 07 16:42 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta

My fave blogger K-Punk sorts it out:

Campaigning to keep Hilton in jail has no more political significance than campaigning to free her - but then the 'Free Paris' demands are not political, except symptomatically. They are statements of flaccid flaneurism (a flaneurism reduced to the most dryly theoretical of poses), a flaunted but uninteresting decadence, whose disavowed libidinal charge comes almost entirely from baiting the haters - what I have previously called a resentment of resentment. Would that Paris' defenders were voguers, who had an intense interest in their appearance, clothes and mannerisms, who wanted to make of themselves a work of art. The shameful, embarrassing, and silly 'Free Paris' acting out - I refuse to dignify it with the term 'campaign' - is vogueing without the drive to self-beautification, a spectatorial pretence of worship. For, naturally, the worship is all a matter of being seen to worship her - what else could it be? And who is supposed to be watching?

I don't hate Paris Hilton. I hate Katie Hopkins, because I've confronted people like her, they have some reality in my life. (The only hyper-rich heiress I've dealt with is Her Majesty Le Chabert, and, certainly, I find her moralising self-hating sanctimony far more loathsome than Hilton's blank pleasure-seeking.)

The truth is that Hilton is an object I am unable to cathect in any way whatsoever - in other words, she is boring. She is a symptom - of her class and background - but an uninteresting one. In fact, her utter lack of remarkable features, the so-formulaic-a-computer-program-could-have-predicted-it pattern of her dreary rich girl life, may be the only interesting thing about her - but you would have to the austere asceticism of a Warhol to maintain that position.

More than the dull reality of Hilton herself, it is the pro-Hilton posturing that is a serious symptom - of a suiciding of intelligence, of cultural bankruptcy and exhaustion. It is the logic of cultural depression, of gradually but implacably lowered expectations, that has produced the over-investment in Hilton; a logic of devaluation, not revaluation - a logic of betrayal, of a failure of fidelity to pop culture's great events. Imagine all the proscriptions, the prohibitions, the self-denial involved in the pretence that anything at all is at stake in Hilton's record. Reflect on how a series of tortuous theoretical convolutions have led to a position that is, in both political and aesthetic terms, about as elitist as one could imagine - elitist precisely in the sense that it consists in a demonstrating of one's superiority to the plebeian masses (who did not buy the record - why not? Were they deluded? Duped? Didn't they know about it?) Let's be clear, though, those who so ostentatiously parade their love for Hilton - and it is all about the parading - have outed themselves: theirs is not a serious critical position, but a gentlemen's club weekend activity for stressed executives. They don't live and breathe pop culture, as I hope the readers of this site do; in fact, the category 'culture' - like 'history' or 'politics' - doesn't exist for them. It is all just entertainment, leisure and consumer preference, in other words capitalist realism, interpassive nihilism. This is what this discourse must be treated as: a noxious ideological fog, an apologia for mediocrity, a defence of boredom and the boring. Which is exactly what capitalism wants. Don't make any demands. Don't be critical. Make the best of what's there.

The arguments against Hilton-as-object are ultimately aesthetic ones. The merely mediocre record has more going for it than the substandard Paris-the-celebrity. The problem is Hilton isn't aristocratic enough; isn't sufficiently artificial or invested in artificiality; isn't a weaver of opulent fantasies. Compare Hilton to the artistry of the working class-born Kate Moss - Moss, whose life may well be as boringly hedonistic as Hilton's, but who as an artist (and it is only misogynistic prejudice that maintains that modelling cannot be artistry) cultivates an opacity-without-depth, the fascinating distance of the object that gazes. Working class fantasies about the wealthy are far more interesting than the reality (as Bryan Ferry long ago found out, to his cost.) And if there is a leftist moral to be drawn from the Hilton phenonemon it is this: that the lives of rich people are not interesting.

#54297 - 21 Jun 07 17:11 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Roy's Hair]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
nice piece! K-Punk sounds like an anarchist-situationist!

#54298 - 21 Jun 07 17:38 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

K-punk sounds like he enjoys tapping on the keyboard keys while heavily buzzing on his medication of choice.

And Chewwy, for you, it sounds exactly like TRUE LOVE.

#54300 - 21 Jun 07 17:45 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: riccardo]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
Or, perhaps you're obsessed with her, Chewwy.

#54302 - 21 Jun 07 19:12 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: bonita]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

can't beat Uncle K Punk for a bit o Post-Structuralist wankery.

#54306 - 21 Jun 07 21:01 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Just]
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
Quoting: Just
Quoting: chewwyUK
Is it just me that suffers from this strange affliction?

It's just you and so with other guys, chew! grin

Not I, I never liked the skinny faced twat. Looks like Steptoe in cross dress licking piss off a nettle. She sells though, doesnt she?

The longer that twat is of the streets the better.... She will learn nothing and there is a large chance she will end up back in the clink in the future, possibly for mowing some bastard down and killing them, off her face on nose chalk.

Let her fucking rot.

Peter Kay

#54307 - 21 Jun 07 21:04 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Magpie]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

But I would let her perform the Oral technique upon me, as long as I can film it and make some profit!

I am after all the man who choked Linda Lovelace!

#54308 - 21 Jun 07 21:11 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Dilli]
Magpie Offline
Member**

Loc: The Toon
possibly leading to Cock rot Dilli? ....ewwww not a nice thought!

Peter Kay

#54309 - 21 Jun 07 21:51 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Magpie]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hey Mags,

I survived cockrot, Keith Richards gave me his doctors private number!

#54324 - 22 Jun 07 07:27 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
I think, Paris is description of young girls and people now adays. You can see the moral of people and the world now. materialism and Fame. People don't care so much to be a good person, as long they can be 'somebody'

#54326 - 22 Jun 07 07:30 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

No denying she sucks cock very well! She claimed that she had only had two other boyfriends before getting filmed noshing... one of them must have been a good teacher.

On second thoughts, maybe she has a natural talent!

#54328 - 22 Jun 07 07:32 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Dilli]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
blow job Dill, that's the only thing you care about * emma Spank Dilli twice*

#54333 - 22 Jun 07 07:45 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Got a hot picture here, be very careful when viewing as it is very explicit...

Attachments
2018-ParisHilton.gif

#54354 - 22 Jun 07 10:23 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Dilli]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

It's normal Chewwy, we're always intrigued by sophisticated classy women

with a very high IQ and memory, so she can solve enigmatic problems like "how this door is suppose to open again?" and then remember it

A woman who will use her star status to deliever important messages to the masses

but the most important will always be; class

#54355 - 22 Jun 07 10:31 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Orang Kanada]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
that last photo ... was paris trying to out-"class" britney? seems to be very similar to photos we saw of britney some time ago.

#54411 - 22 Jun 07 14:54 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
id imagine that this k-punk fellow would be very difficult to have an ordinary conversation with, and even worse to have a friendly debate over a few beers.

#54415 - 22 Jun 07 15:02 Re: Paris Hilton - Why can't i stop clicking on her stories?? [Re: Yes]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

reminds me a little of my old boss. He had a saying "why use one word when you can use 100". When you would complain he would (and rightly so) say "why should I have to dumb down for the morons of this world"

This was of course the same boss who when I invited him to a client event ended up getting drunk, vomiting over himself and calling my most profitable account a "fucking cockroach" and punching him. Oh the public schoolboy system hehe

#54480 - 23 Jun 07 22:22 stupid spoiled whore [Re: chewwyUK]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
The Frog King, Sparrow Prince and Catatafish said all that needed to be said, when they sang:

A great adventure is waiting for you ahead.
Hurry onward Paris Hilton or you will soon be dead.
The road ahead is filled with danger and fright
But push onward, Paris Hilton, with all of your might.
Paris Hilton... Paris Hilton! Paris Hilton!
Stupid whore!

#54493 - 24 Jun 07 00:50 Re: stupid spoiled whore [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Keny, Mr Lear, the Reverend Charles Dodgson, Spike Milligan and Ali G et al are spinning in their graves going "wtf did Keny just post there"

Edited by Dilli (24 Jun 07 00:52)
Edit Reason: Centipedes in my nether regions

#54503 - 24 Jun 07 08:35 Re: stupid spoiled whore [Re: Dilli]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

I believe it's a quotation from the South Park Episode entitled,"Paris Hilton is a Stupid Spoiled Whore". It's a classic.

#54505 - 24 Jun 07 08:37 Re: stupid spoiled whore [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

That explains everything. It's always pleasant when things are put into perspective!

#54516 - 24 Jun 07 12:12 Re: stupid spoiled whore [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Paris Hilton to get a facial the minute she is out of the slammer!

Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 (EST)
It seems that Paris Hilton is making all possible arrangements to look good on her yet undecided, post-prison interview.

I'll be at the front of the line! Always wondered what she would look like with a fresh load!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop