Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54074 - 18 Jun 07 11:32 Native speaker /local English teachers
aimjakarta Offline

Loc: Jakarta
Experienced, qualified, enthusiastic and reliable English teachers needed at Jakarta's newest and fastest-growing language school, 'Aim for English'. www.aimjakarta.com

Both Indonesians and expatriates required. Native-speakers must be a citizen of the UK, US, Australia, Canada or New Zealand.

Extremely generous salaries and benefits for the right people.

Send CV and cover letter to ian@aimjakarta.com

Edited by aimjakarta (18 Jun 07 11:34)

#54079 - 18 Jun 07 11:44 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

can we clarify what "Extremely generous salaries and benefits" translates to in real terms?

#54090 - 18 Jun 07 16:39 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: chewwyUK]
aimjakarta Offline

Salaries are negotiable, and will depend on your experience and your ability to negotiate. I don't want to write numbers here, but contact me at info@aimjakarta.com for more info. We've done plenty of research into salaries in Jakarta and will pay more than the other reputable language schools offer. There's plenty of schools recruiting at the moment, so we need to ensure that we get quality, reliable teachers

We are also willing to help organise and pay for accommodation which often involves a one year payment in advance. Then there's flights home, medical insurance and an end-of-contract bonus.

#54095 - 18 Jun 07 20:17 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Wow!! What kind o hours?

#54096 - 18 Jun 07 20:30 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Very impressive website. And innovative stuff for Jakarta: touch-screen interactive white boards, free trial lessons and discounts for car-pooling and using the busway. Hope you can recruit equally impressive teachers and big-spending clients.

Forgive my extreme pedantry, but there's a space missing here:
"left the UK in 2000to teach in Japan".

And what's yer policy on using commas to separate three or more words written in a series? Cos:
"enjoys travel, reading, movies and various sports".
"enjoys sports, reading, and travelling".

And there's a lacuna here:
by the University of [lacuna]
Cambridge, usually reserved.

Thanks.

Edited by kenyeung (18 Jun 07 20:34)
Edit Reason: Anything to get away from the wife

#58121 - 08 Aug 07 13:20 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: kenyeung]
Denny Offline

Loc: Jakarta Indonesia
If you want native teachers try www.englishtoday7.com they have a large supply of teachers. Just tell them that Denny told you to contact them and they will take care of you.

#58236 - 09 Aug 07 14:55 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Denny]
aimjakarta Offline

First of all, thanks to Kenyeung for the website corrections. Much appreciated.. I haven't checked this thread for a while so I've only just read your post.

I'd also like to renew the job ad at the top of this thread. We're still looking for the right people (both native speakers and Indonesians) to join our team.

'Roy's Hair' asked about the hours. A normal teaching load will be 20 hours in the classroom per week. We're open until 8.30PM every night so some evening classes will be included.

find out more about the school at http://www.aimjakarta.com

If you're interested, send the usual paperwork to ian@aimjakarta.com

#58258 - 09 Aug 07 21:23 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
AAAAAAAAAAArgh

All the english teachers I have met here are worse than me!

Dont encourage them!

#77404 - 16 May 08 03:28 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Dilli]
Canuck Offline

Loc: Tangerang
http://www.aimjakarta.com/news/article-107.php Chat with Ruchi... see if the pay is fair and generous etc... That is how to tell if the job is what it is cracked up to be. There is a link for her email... drop her a line before applying.

#77442 - 16 May 08 10:48 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Canuck]
witty handle Offline
Member*

Loc: Bogor
Quoting: Canuck
http://www.aimjakarta.com/news/article-107.php Chat with Ruchi... see if the pay is fair and generous etc... That is how to tell if the job is what it is cracked up to be. There is a link for her email... drop her a line before applying.
'

aaahhhh Ruchi....very good old friend of piss...and of me a little bit...and of riccardo!@$$@!!!!

#77443 - 16 May 08 10:55 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: witty handle]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
btw, i set up this company. they have invested quite a lot of money in equipment, and seem determined to make a decent go of it.

#80315 - 24 Jun 08 14:28 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: KuKuKaChu]
aimjakarta Offline

thanks kukukachu. I appreciate the testimonial.

Speaking to the teachers is always a good idea before taking a job; do please contact Ruchi and (i hope) she'll give you a glowing report on life at Aim.

All: as always, we're still looking for teachers at Aim, both native-speaker and Indonesian . If you're in Jakarta and have CELTA and experience teaching business and academic English, we'd like to hear from you. Send CV to info@aimjakarta.com or drop in to Jalan Padang No 5, Manggarai. Aim's growth has been rapid, and is currently only limited by our capacity to find the right teachers. The potential for career development and to 'grow with Aim' is good, with more senior roles on the horizon.

#94430 - 22 Jan 09 08:39 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
aimjakarta Offline

Hi all. I'd like to renew this job posting. We're looking for both native and non-native speakers at the moment.

If you're in Jakarta now, and you've been teaching for more than 3 years with experience of teaching exam preparation programmes (particularly IELTS) and high-level business English programmes, we'd like to hear from you.

Interested? Send CV and cover email to info@aimjakarta.com

#94463 - 22 Jan 09 13:11 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
How much do you pay?

Do you provide health insurance for dependents?

Do you turn a blind eye to pedophiles like the other schools?

Why can't you find your own teachers instead of trying to poach them from other schools? Have you no shame in interfering with other students' educations?

#94470 - 22 Jan 09 14:11 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon
How much do you pay?

Do you provide health insurance for dependents?

Do you turn a blind hog's eye to pedophiles like the other schools?

Why can't you find your own teachers instead of trying to poach them from other schools? Have you no shame in interfering with other students' educations tallywhackers?

#94520 - 24 Jan 09 15:40 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Roy's Hair]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Degradation?

#94565 - 26 Jan 09 10:52 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Piss Salon]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Ooh, matron.

#94571 - 26 Jan 09 11:40 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Vulgarian]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
You've been a very naughty boy.

#94573 - 26 Jan 09 11:44 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Marmalade]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I know!
It must be my diet.

#95039 - 02 Feb 09 16:20 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Piss Salon]
aimjakarta Offline

Quoting: Piss Salon
1.How much do you pay?

2.Do you provide health insurance for dependents?

3. Do you turn a blind eye to pedophiles like the other schools?

4. Why can't you find your own teachers instead of trying to poach them from other schools? Have you no shame in interfering with other students' educations?

1. Pay depends on qualifications and experience. Email me with an application (CV and cover letter) to find out more. We pay more than our more reputable competitors, as we are looking for people with extensive academic and business English experience.

2. No, we don't

3. No we don't turn a blind eye to this kind of thing. We are part of a group of schools that regularly forward government and independent watch lists to each other, we always follow up on references, and research our teachers' backgrounds thoroughly. We take this issue very seriously.

4. Who said we are trying to poach teachers? We're just recruiting teachers. In fact, we don't recruit teachers who are under contract elsewhere, as their willingness to 'jump ship' from their employer is a sure indication that they would be willing to do the same with us.

Edited by aimjakarta (02 Feb 09 16:23)

#95040 - 02 Feb 09 16:49 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: aimjakarta]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

That's got Piss telled.

#95062 - 03 Feb 09 00:23 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Roy's Hair]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
So you want teachers that are the end of their contract and haven't considered re-signing?

#95064 - 03 Feb 09 00:38 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: aimjakarta
reputable competitors

Wh-Whaaaat?

#95074 - 03 Feb 09 13:07 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Marmalade]
aimjakarta Offline

Quoting: Marmalade
So you want teachers that are the end of their contract and haven't considered re-signing?

Yes, we're looking for people who have gained experience for several years at other schools, are looking for more of a challenge. We would also consider recruiting teachers from overseas, but there are risks involved in recruiting teachers having never met them face-to-face.

#95075 - 03 Feb 09 13:13 Re: Native speaker /local English teachers [Re: Vulgarian]
aimjakarta Offline

Quoting: Vulgarian
Quoting: aimjakarta
reputable competitors

Wh-Whaaaat?

Yes, reputable language schools offer higher salaries than less reputable schools. Quality is our number 1 concern, and we know that in order to get the very best teachers available, we have to provide competitive remuneration packages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop