Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54041 - 18 Jun 07 00:46 Want to buy expat owned car
spike-o-lishis Offline

Loc: Jakarta
We are looking for an expat owned car.

Specifications we require:

* very good air conditioning
* decently maintained, inside and out (Jakarta car owners don't tend to look after their vehicles very well we've discovered)
* interior upholstery NOT cracked or torn and looking like rubbish
* no or minimal rust
* no white paint job, something from dark grey to other darkish type colors (including black/maroon/dark blue/blue/whatever else you have to offer)

We are flexible on other bits and pieces, including the year and model.

Our budget is 35.000.000 or thereabouts.

We are interested in hearing from any expat with a used car that fits the description above. We will only consider vehicles owned by expats, no others, no exception. Please feel free to give us a call at 08569885562 or 081575701977 from 11am to 11pm daily. Thanks :-)

Agents/dealers/brokers/showroom guys/whatever, don't waste your time calling us with your 'great deals'. We've seen what you guys have to offer and we're not interested in your vehicles under any circumstances, no matter how cheap.

#54042 - 18 Jun 07 03:18 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: spike-o-lishis]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
35 J ? does it have to walk the dog ?

So , with the sole intention of winding you up , what is the logic around an expat only car ? at 35 J , it will have about a regiment worth of owners , almost certainly the majority will be Indo .

You clearly have never owned a black car in a tropical climate - actually by the sound of things you have never owned a car before at all .

Mate of mine is flogging his Merc C270 CDI , but it may be a bit out of your price range - with it having an engine and a wheel at each corner and all .

#54052 - 18 Jun 07 08:07 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Riccardo of this site is thinking of getting a new car, so he might sell you his current vehicle for "Rp35 million or thereabouts". Why not PM him?

Otherwise, I've got an English mate who has an old clapped out Dian taxi that he's been trying to get rid of for years. He being English, the piece of shit vehicle meets your key criteria of being "expat owned" (and it has been decently maintained). I'm sure he'll gladly sell it to you for Rp35 mill. Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise, you could invest in four of the new eco-friendly bajaj. Or some kancil. Great for gang travel and narrow parking spaces.

#54053 - 18 Jun 07 08:10 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Does it still have the Taxi sign on the roof? It would be worth it just to avoid 3 in 1....

#54056 - 18 Jun 07 08:39 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: Dilli]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Taxi sign can be easily re-attached. Could be a problem if cops want to see a cab driver's license - though a smile and some drunk bullshit banter about borrowing a mate's old cab for a lark and Rp50,000 should resolve any hassles. Refuse to haggle above Rp50,000.

And speaking of 3-in-1, I saw a disturbing "artistic" film last night. Poor lass.

#55061 - 29 Jun 07 14:27 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: kenyeung]
spike-o-lishis Offline

We got the car we wanted and throwing another 10 million into it has made it a very comfortable vehicle suited to our needs. Total cost for all: 45 million.

Seriously, you guys are a total bunch of toss pots. Not only are you rude and utterly useless, the lot of you who replied to this obviously fantasize yourselves superior to anybody else who lives here. Your way is the only way. You've done the women in your own countries a very large favor that I'm sure they're still thanking you for by running away to Indonesia. The question is: where will you wankers go when the women her wise up and realize you're just a bunch of chest-beating penis-wielders with heads full of nothing? Where will the next great frontier be for you ignorant putz-es? This isn't a forum for expats. This is a forum for complete and total dick-heads. Make sure you change the forum title to reflect that because you're an embarrassment to all decent expats everywhere.

#55062 - 29 Jun 07 14:33 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: spike-o-lishis]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

based on your last post I think you fit in well spike-o-lishis

its just a little bit of fun wink

#55063 - 29 Jun 07 14:38 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
sensitive, isn't she? smile

well, all i can say is i'm just glad i'm a resident, and not an "expat"!

#55064 - 29 Jun 07 14:39 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: KuKuKaChu]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
oh, by the way, did you buy this car from an "expat"?

#55066 - 29 Jun 07 14:44 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
"The question is: where will you wankers go when the women here wise up and realize you're just a bunch of chest-beating penis-wielders with heads full of nothing?"

Pretty accurate description. I dont think it is possible to take offence!

As for where I will go, probably the pub! In my new Jakarta friendly wheels.

Attachments
2102-twovans.jpg

#55079 - 30 Jun 07 00:48 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: spike-o-lishis]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: spike-o-lishis
We got the car we wanted and throwing another 10 million into it has made it a very comfortable vehicle suited to our needs. Total cost for all: 45 million.

Seriously, you guys are a total bunch of toss pots. Not only are you rude and utterly useless, the lot of you who replied to this obviously fantasize yourselves superior to anybody else who lives here. Your way is the only way. You've done the women in your own countries a very large favor that I'm sure they're still thanking you for by running away to Indonesia. The question is: where will you wankers go when the women her wise up and realize you're just a bunch of chest-beating penis-wielders with heads full of nothing? Where will the next great frontier be for you ignorant putz-es? This isn't a forum for expats. This is a forum for complete and total dick-heads. Make sure you change the forum title to reflect that because you're an embarrassment to all decent expats everywhere.

Go boil your head you domineering old cow .

Know-it-all old bag , you see you didn't get the car for 35 J even though you said you could , and I bet it was WNI owned anyhow .

I'd say that you were something exceptional in having a bigger dick than you husband but of course you are married to a javanese guy , so unless the thing was inverted , even Steven Spindlewinkle would have a bigger dick.
While on the subject of doing people a favour - I would expect the males back at home breathed a sigh of relief when you fucked off .

I have to ask - did you ever find anybody to walk the dog , or did your husband turn it into rica-rica asu ?

#55080 - 30 Jun 07 00:50 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
sensitive, isn't she? smile

well, all i can say is i'm just glad i'm a resident, and not an "expat"!

No , you could go over her with a Kango and not find a soft (or a wet) bit .

#59313 - 20 Aug 07 21:52 Re: Want to buy expat owned car [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
hey, saw you parked the other day out the front of Citos.

Couldn't figure out how you put the hand brake on though

Moderator:  NetCop