Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53529 - 10 Jun 07 02:29 way to get tip
i_beth Offline
Member++

Loc: NRW
One day I and my 40 days nightstand guy (for the next we call him 4dig) had lunch in Papadam Cilandak Town Square (i think now its not there anymore). When I was away to wash my hand after finish eating, i heard the waitress (man) said to 4dig that he's lucky to have a pretty and sweet wive like me. I knew he just being nice to have more tip (even somehow he's true blush ), but we were happy to hear that and yes, 4dig gave him more tip. Everybody happy...and it happened in some places as well.

But another day we and one of 4dig's colleague went for dinner in Outback Steak Resto Ratu Plaza. It was first visit for us In this resto. The girl who responsible to our table was nice, very smiley, helpful...until she said to 4dig that he's sexy with her shiny eyes.

We were kinda shock to hear that (even Im sure 4dig was happy to hear the untrue fact smirk ) cos the girl so impolite to say such thing in front me which was obviously his date. 4dig's colleague even felt little bit angry and annoyed with this wrong compliment from the waitress. So this time, no tip at all.

So girls, be careful with your boyfriend, husband or one night stand guy in Outback...no matter he's handsome, sexy or not hehe...

#53542 - 10 Jun 07 08:59 Re: way to get tip [Re: i_beth]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
NO tip at all?? thats so cruel! maybe she was just being genuinly complimenting him. as you said, she was very nice..! you guys just took it in the wrong way! didn't you guys feel uncomfortable at all leaving the table with no at least a couple of Rp?? YUCK!!! stingy arses!! and you are laughing..thats not very funny!

#53544 - 10 Jun 07 09:08 Re: way to get tip [Re: juminten]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
biarin! i never tip. ever. no matter how much the waitress bats her eyelids. sometimes, if i'm feeling generous, i'll leave my name card.

#53545 - 10 Jun 07 09:10 Re: way to get tip [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

dasar PELIT!!! Kuku peliiiiittt!!

#53548 - 10 Jun 07 09:35 Re: way to get tip [Re: juminten]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Why settle for the tip when you can have it all.....if you ask nicely!

#53549 - 10 Jun 07 10:50 Re: way to get tip [Re: i_beth]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
talking about inappropriate manner from a waitress, that just reminds me when i have lunch with my bf in the only restaurant with 'sport' theme in the middle of dodgy area. The waitress can get too much friendly to 'bule costumer' i even have one friend of mine who get cheated by her husband with one of the 'ho' there. well what can i say, some waitress not only looking for a tip sometimes they looking for a ***k..

#53551 - 10 Jun 07 11:18 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sporstmans, Blok M I presume....

#53560 - 10 Jun 07 14:36 Re: way to get tip [Re: Dilli]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: Dilli
Sporstmans, Blok M I presume....

sometimes i feel you are a bit of smart ass dilli..

#53562 - 10 Jun 07 14:44 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I try my best

#53579 - 10 Jun 07 17:50 Re: way to get tip [Re: Dilli]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
Emma, if there are such things as a "bule costumer" [sic], what are Indonesians?

#53612 - 11 Jun 07 09:47 Re: way to get tip [Re: flingwing]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

almost lost it here, what is actually your question flingwing? what are indonesians? i would say 'indonesian costumer'... its what people say give the right description, what the hell?

#53614 - 11 Jun 07 10:50 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
flingwing Offline
Member++

The question is, "if you like to call a white-skinned foreigner a 'bule', what do you call an Indonesian"?

#53616 - 11 Jun 07 10:54 Re: way to get tip [Re: flingwing]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: flingwing
The question is, "if you like to call a white-skinned foreigner a 'bule', what do you call an Indonesian"?

I think the play on words here is unnecessary. Most of us fully understood what Emma meant I think.

#53617 - 11 Jun 07 10:58 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: emmajkt
well what can i say, some waitress not only looking for a tip sometimes they looking for a ***k..

kuwel! where is this place?

#53618 - 11 Jun 07 11:11 Re: way to get tip [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sportmans - Jalan Faletehan. Ask Malcolm, he'll know

#53619 - 11 Jun 07 11:46 Re: way to get tip [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
well what can i say, some waitress not only looking for a tip sometimes they looking for a ***k..

kuwel! where is this place?

pervert!

so..this time is Kuku looking for a fuck, not the waiter ya? laugh
make sure to leave some tips ya ku..

#53636 - 11 Jun 07 12:44 Re: way to get tip [Re: juminten]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

sorry to bring things back on topic but I have eaten at outback once and the service was so bad I didn't leave a tip either. In fact the service was so bad that I made them take off the standard service charge they add to all their bills.

The staff here are terrible, the management a joke ... this is a place to avoid. There are far better and cheaper places to grab yourself a steak.

PS. WD -- tips are for good service. if somebody doesn't get it right then why should you tip them? I would have no problem in stiffing somebody on the tip and even less of a problem telling them exactly why I am not leaving a tip

#53638 - 11 Jun 07 12:47 Re: way to get tip [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

As for sportsman -- it's unusual to get that sort of problem there and was probably just a waitress being friendly ... especially if your boyfriend had been in there a few times.

#53649 - 11 Jun 07 14:47 Re: way to get tip [Re: juminten]
i_beth Offline
Member++

Loc: NRW
Quoting: wrangler dudette
NO tip at all?? thats so cruel! maybe she was just being genuinly complimenting him. as you said, she was very nice..! you guys just took it in the wrong way! didn't you guys feel uncomfortable at all leaving the table with no at least a couple of Rp?? YUCK!!! stingy arses!! and you are laughing..thats not very funny!

People give tip for good service. Its not good, then dont tip. As simple as that smile

#53650 - 11 Jun 07 14:51 Re: way to get tip [Re: flingwing]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: flingwing

poor you, u are so upset with the word. As indonesian, i don't use the word 'bule' to offend anybody or sounded negative, as a matter a fact its use by everyone to identify western people. i suppose here i can say it because people here know what i'm talkin about, unlike you. So don't pick a beef, racist is far from my thought...

#53651 - 11 Jun 07 15:03 Re: way to get tip [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: chewwyUK
As for sportsman -- it's unusual to get that sort of problem there and was probably just a waitress being friendly ... especially if your boyfriend had been in there a few times.

friendly waitress is what people need from costumer service in hospitality, i said 'too much' can cause bad situation like i-beth said. i didn't say i'm the one have the problem there, but i can see the potential of it.I mean really short miniskirt similar with hooters, and what i know about my friend's marriage. I mean how can it happen if they limited the establishment with this 'too friendly' thing....

#53656 - 11 Jun 07 16:06 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
flingwing Offline
Member++

poor you, u are so upset . . .

And poor you for being upset about my being upset >grin<.

. . . as a matter a fact its use by everyone to identify western people.

"Everyone?" Really? Do you think President SBY uses it when he travels overseas looking for new, foreign investment money?

So don't pick a beef . . .

Then be careful of what you say.

And the answer to my original question is: "Orang Dekil". But I won't use those words if you don't use yours.

racist is far from my thought...

That's fine. Same with me. Now how about we prove it by both of us using different words?
----------------

bla bla bla -
See you in the next life, and don't be late!

#53659 - 11 Jun 07 17:48 Re: way to get tip [Re: flingwing]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

orang dekil? whatever.. DUH? you one sad bule... entertain yourself somewhere else. bye, ciao, sayonara, like i'm gonna give a shit about what u said. i don't fuckin know you and i don't think i even want to.. piss off

#53662 - 11 Jun 07 18:49 Re: way to get tip [Re: emmajkt]
flingwing Offline
Member++

bye, ciao, sayonara . . . piss off

Ya ampun, Missy, why didn't tell me?? Why didn't you say earlier that you were the woman who owns this JakChat forum? I certainly would not have spoken my truth to you if I knew you were the person who could order people to leave just like that! Kamu Orang Gede di Dah, benarkan?

i don't fuckin know you and i don't think i even want to . . .

Yeah . . . with a mouth like yours, you're probably right. But, of course, now I know YOU! >grin<

The problem is I don't know what button to punch to leave here. So I guess I'll just have to stick around and "mentekan tombol" until I find the correct one >grin<. Have a nice night, Madame Gede di Dah. :-)

#53664 - 11 Jun 07 19:08 Re: way to get tip [Re: flingwing]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

my question will be.... What the hell is wrong with you Mr. Fling Brain Swing... Jesus Christ, what you say is irrelevant, why you have to pick on me a bout this 'bule' thing? why you feel offended so much, nothing wrong to be a bule and to be white!! most indonesian think is good tobe bule.... you cynical, boring, stupid asshole

My suggestion is you should learn more about the culture here then you will really learn that 'bule' word is not always fuckin negative...

This must be other thing that i have said here, are you actually the 'cheater' dude, my friend's exhusband? are you the owner of the place i'm talking about above, or simply your gf or is one of the 'ho' waitress...

Ewwwwwww, i don't wanna know you, and believe me sirrrrrrrrrrrrr, You DON'T know me... and excuse me, you don't own JakChat either. End the fuckin story

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop