Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53515 - 09 Jun 07 18:43 Dual Nationality again
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
At last - RM Marty M Natalegawa has kindly agreed to process dual nationality requests in the KBRI London -

These are the forms you will need , and of course you will probably have to attend as they require the old red background for all photos

Also worthy of note is that it is cheaper to give them original shortform birth certificates than their crazy fees .

http://www.indonesianembassy.org.uk/consular_biaya.pdf

Attachments
1935-Formulir_Anak_Dual_Nationality.doc (277 downloads)
1936-formulir_dual_setelah2006.doc (135 downloads)
1937-Consular_Form_Surat_Keterangan.doc (157 downloads)

#53624 - 11 Jun 07 12:02 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
hey capt. is this apply for other countries too? i guess i need to check it out with indo consulate here.

#53771 - 12 Jun 07 22:01 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: juminten]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes , but not really worth doing unless you have children....

#53777 - 13 Jun 07 06:59 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

WD has *plans*, ok capt??

#53784 - 13 Jun 07 10:00 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

tahu aja kuku wink

#53785 - 13 Jun 07 10:05 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

i see! not for me capt. my balinese friend just got a new baby, married with american dude here. they are planning of moving back to Bali for good but they want to keep the US citizen of course.

#55175 - 01 Jul 07 00:09 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: juminten]
xiaoluen Offline
Member+

Loc: Indonesia, Jakarta
as far I know there's a card called green card
it's like dual citizenship ktp (identity card) that allow you to have dual citizenship
but it's only for america only

#55691 - 06 Jul 07 12:47 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: xiaoluen]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
To confirm what was mentioned in the original post, I was just discussing this stuff with an Indonesian friend, who is a gov't civil servant based in Germany, she wrote:

In Indonesia, the Immigration Dep is sooo currupt, they ask for money here and there. For example for the mix marriage who have already have children, they can now have 2 passport up until they are 18 year old and will have 3 yrs to decide whether they want to become american/german/etc or Indonesian. In indonesia it's sooooo complicated, they ask for money here and there. But if the couple has the process done in e.g. Hamburg at the Indonesia consulate, it's so rapid an zero extra charges.

So, for those of you still looking to get that done, or have a baby on the way, it might be better to go outside of RI to do it. You end up dealing with an entirely separate group of gov't officials -- the foreign affairs officials, instead of the immigration thugs.

#55692 - 06 Jul 07 12:52 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: riccardo
So, for those of you still looking to get that done, or have a baby on the way, it might be better to go outside of RI to do it. You end up dealing with an entirely separate group of gov't officials -- the foreign affairs officials, instead of the immigration thugs.

this definitely would be worth trying, though you might have to be careful exactly which embassy you chose. most indonesian embassies are not much better than the immigration dept here.

#55693 - 06 Jul 07 12:55 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
As she mentioned to me, the foreign affairs people were recently given the task of taking care of these things abroad and basically the immig thugs have all been sent back to the homeland. So there has been a massive change recently.

#55705 - 06 Jul 07 13:38 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

As mentioned , the games go on - whilst the KBRI in London are being reasonably helpful it is important to note that kids born after 2006 are immediately "processed" at the local embassy and the passport can be issued quickly - well it could except that the KBRI has a small trick left up it's sleeve - the requirement to sign on a materai which of course they don't have , and of course the necessity to have the red background in the passport photo . All kids born before 2006 have to have their folder refered to Jakarta .

Also worthy of note is the fact that a 212 visa will not be granted ( 12 month multi sosbud) unless the original application is submitted in Indo - it is pretty clear that all other 6 month sosbuds are dealt with locally and don't go to Jakarta for approval.

#55713 - 06 Jul 07 14:50 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Patung Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
Recently had a new addition to the household, no problems with immigration, she is automatically Indonesian as far as they are concerned - the catatan sipil are still a little 'reluctant' about things, they insisted on putting "warga negara australia" on her birth certificate, but immigration doesn't care about that.

For our older child we are being charged 5 mil for the citizenship, which seems pretty damn steep - I could have made it a bit cheaper by going to jakarta myself to arrange some things with the oz embassy but i'm letting the immigration here do it.

#55715 - 06 Jul 07 14:58 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Patung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

That is the only thing to be said for the KBRI London , the only fee is 20 for the passsport .

It goes without saying that hundreds of little "brothers and sisters" left over from a previous marriage will now get magic-ed out of Indo

#55728 - 06 Jul 07 20:22 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Patung Offline
Member++

No wait, I got that completely wrong, it's costing 1.8 mill, 600,000 for "the forms", and 1.2 mil to have four documents certified at the oz embassy in jkt. Plus we'll probably add a tip on at the end.

#55729 - 06 Jul 07 20:57 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Patung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I did post the forms, and I have the new ones for those cases that are refered to JKT (pre 2006) -

The requirement to have birth certificates "apostilled" by a rep of your country's foreign office is also a nightmare - the FCO actually got mine wrong but I doubt it will ever get noticed .

#58237 - 09 Aug 07 15:04 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
LoWangSmg Offline

Loc: Semarang
Hi Patung and all.

Looking over the forums and you seem to have it together.

I am an aussie, have a 12yo daughter and i divorced years ago.

The ex wife wants to process the dual citizenship. No one in semarang seems to have a clue.

Any contact number for a jasa or something would be great mate. Also how much is the total.

Hoping you can help me out.
Call in for a beer when your in semarang !

Cheers
LoWang

#58267 - 10 Aug 07 01:48 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: LoWangSmg]
Patung Offline
Member++

Mine is being done in Surabaya, for Semarang I have no idea. We're doing it straight through an immigration officer, not jasa. For jasa you could try the owner of this forum, okusi.net.

#58269 - 10 Aug 07 07:37 Re: Dual Nationality again [Re: LoWangSmg]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: LoWangSmg
Hi Patung and all.

Looking over the forums and you seem to have it together.

I am an aussie, have a 12yo daughter and i divorced years ago.

The ex wife wants to process the dual citizenship. No one in semarang seems to have a clue.

Any contact number for a jasa or something would be great mate. Also how much is the total.

Hoping you can help me out.
Call in for a beer when your in semarang !

Cheers
LoWang

Without doing KuKu out of a job, you really don't need to use an agent in fact to do so would be silly - fill the forms in , sign across the materai, provide the apostilled birth certs (in the UK a notary stamp is not enough) and submit the application - simple as that (add a tip of your choice when you go to immigration) - your application will go to JKT for approval in front of a judge because is is pre-2006 birth , and these are being done on mass 2 times a month .

Moderator:  NetCop