Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53393 - 07 Jun 07 21:00 USA, what a CUNTry
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Ricc has been quiet... wondered if I could get him riled up again...

Here is a country that elects a moron like Bush not once, but twice... a guy who barely even left USA at all before his presidency despite obvious wealth and connections around the world... a guy who makes more English mistakes than my upper level students in Indonesia ever did!

But really, what can you expect from a place where American Idol gets more voters than the presidential election?

The American people get what they deserve, but does the rest of the world?

#53400 - 07 Jun 07 22:15 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Tut Tut Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
My question is, how can they release Paris Hilton after 3 days in jail?! KKN happens not just in Indonesia..

#53409 - 07 Jun 07 23:55 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: Tut Tut]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Apparently she refused to eat the food, so they sent the whiner home... I wonder if they'd do that for me if I ended up in prison?

#53416 - 08 Jun 07 06:24 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: The Great Gonzo]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Quoting: The Great Gonzo
Apparently she refused to eat the food, so they sent the whiner home... I wonder if they'd do that for me if I ended up in prison?

No way Gonzo, you are NOT Paris Hilton...how 'bout that for a start?

About the American Idol, we can blame the brit guy for bringing it into the USA (stupid idea wink)

Edited by doremi (08 Jun 07 06:26)

#53421 - 08 Jun 07 06:45 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: doremi]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Ben Elton has a new book on the whole Idol thing called "Chart Throb".

Quite amusing....

#53439 - 08 Jun 07 13:39 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: doremi]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: doremi

No way Gonzo, you are NOT Paris Hilton...how 'bout that for a start?

About the American Idol, we can blame the brit guy for bringing it into the USA (stupid idea wink)

Who is the idiot - Simon Cowell earning $45,000,000 a year ? I don't think so - whoops sorry , got that wrong , around 54,000,000 - he pays around 22,000,000 in income tax -

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (08 Jun 07 13:44)

#53444 - 08 Jun 07 14:01 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: The Great Gonzo]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere

from the news here it said she got rash and get sick. Ah well, she's famous and rich even for notorious way. American tend to treat famous people like freakin god and goddes... talking about religious country. They are a bit fucked up

#53477 - 08 Jun 07 20:16 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: emmajkt]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Yeah, if you have enough fame and fortune in good ole' usa you can get away with murder!

#53479 - 08 Jun 07 20:40 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

you want to see real loonies :-

www.godhatesfags.com

#53482 - 09 Jun 07 00:36 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: The Great Gonzo]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Loc: The Big Durian
Yeah, if you have enough fame and fortune in good ole' usa you can get away with murder!

Like old OJ a decade ago. If he'd been a poor black he would have been fried by now. California justice.

I used to enjoy going to that cuntry (sic), but I've avoided it lately. It seems they don't like foreigners much anymore (if they ever did).

I for one am enjoying watching the Decline of the American Empire...not the movie, but in real life before our eyes. Keep watching....

#53483 - 09 Jun 07 07:10 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: xsbir]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Enough American bashing...Bush' International policies do not reflect what majority Americans hold.

America just like other nations has its pluses and minuses; all and all America is more generous to foreigners; it is still the land of opportunity. I know one Vietnamese family who came to America from Nias island; they ran from Vietnam to escape the war and landed in Nias island with refugee status. They were treated horribly there at Nias.
With bribe money to Nias officials, they were able to come to America. Currently, the family owns the best noodle house in town (started from scratch).
Talking about opportunity...

#53485 - 09 Jun 07 07:33 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: doremi]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Totally agree with you, doremi. Let me add a bit to that. I had a chance to spend sometime in Europe back in the 90s. The treatment I received there as a foreigner was way less friendly than when I was in the US. I lived in a city which people called one of the racist area in the US. I was the only female non-white (AND non American ) employee in my company back when I was there. And to be honest they treated me exactly like the rest. I had the exact same opportunity they gave to the others.

America has the friendliest people in the world, especially when it comes to judging people from the skin color. Of course some percentage of them are still racist, as we all are, and very open about it. But Im talking from comparing it with some other countries I have been to. Or even to the people of the other countries that I had interacted with.And as Doremi said, just because Bush has bad political decisions, and this country has many times interfered with other countries internal problem ( and expecting something in return, of course ) doesnt mean this country is a "Cunt".

Edited by Shesca (09 Jun 07 07:40)

#53487 - 09 Jun 07 07:38 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: doremi]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: doremi
Enough American bashing...Bush' International policies do not reflect what majority Americans hold.

are you suggesting that americans can not be held accountable for their choice of leader, in the home of 'democracy'?

#53489 - 09 Jun 07 08:17 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: KuKuKaChu]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Quote:
America has the friendliest people in the world, especially when it comes to judging people from the skin color.

I remember talking to an old fella in Mississippi... he had no problem with Asian/White mixed couples, but according to him "Black and white just ain't right"...

Racism is rampant in the South... just spend some time in Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, etc., and it basically slaps you in the face. The racism may not be directed towards Asians... but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

And if you think America is friendly, Shesca, which I agree that in most areas the people are, at least at face value, then come visit Canada... and more than 50% of both Vancouver and Toronto are none white now, so skin colour won't be an issue.

People can and are judged based on the leaders they choose to represent them. Bush wasn't a fluke, they voted him in for a second time. I think that speaks volumes about the majority of American people.

Edited by The Great Gonzo (09 Jun 07 09:18)

#53490 - 09 Jun 07 09:01 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Im not sure if you are comparing an apple to an apple here, Gonzo. I am well aware of the fact that the people in the southern part of the US are extremelly racist. Never really spent sometime there, but I know for sure (from talking to some people who are from there) that whatever you said above was true. However, I lived in a town that supposedly the headquarter of the Ku Klux Klan, my job required me to visit villages of the state there, where I am sure 90% of the population had never even exit their state ( I tell you whenever I visited the local restaurant for lunch they would look at me as if I was an alien from Saturn!! ), I had to interact with the local government people, with similar background with the rest of the population, yet I felt I was treated very much equally.
However when I was somewhere else, I was in a cosmopolitan city, the capital of the nation, and I felt so much different. And of course let me repeat again, that I am talking according to my personal experience and I didnt think I deny the fact that "some percentage" of the people of the US of A are "picky", but at least the outrageous number of the foreign nationals that are currently populate the country, along with the as outrageous number of those trying to enter it, speak the same language as I do.

#53491 - 09 Jun 07 09:45 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

www.godhatesfags.com

this website is seriously sick...

#53498 - 09 Jun 07 14:56 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: emmajkt]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
just wonder why you guys hate america so much? and paris hilton thingy? who cares!! people here actually dont really bother with the craps! all she did was drunk and driving with her drive licence suspended! there is no reason to hate her! but most people done that stupid thing anyway! drunk and driving!!!...i did it once too! even worse i ran onto red lights! i was lucky that there weren't police around..but yes the camera busted me and sent me $475.bill!

chill out!!! lots of anger towards america..whats that about?

#53500 - 09 Jun 07 15:49 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: juminten]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: wallet digga'
just wonder why you guys hate america so much? and paris hilton thingy? who cares!! people here actually dont really bother with the craps! all she did was drunk and driving with her drive licence suspended! there is no reason to hate her! but most people done that stupid thing anyway! drunk and driving!!!...i did it once too! even worse i ran onto red lights! i was lucky that there weren't police around..but yes the camera busted me and sent me $475.bill!

Well it could be the arrogance for one thing .

So , you don't think that driving whilst disqual following a ban for DIC is that serious ?

In the UK you can get a $10,000 fine , 6 months inside and a further ban , then you get to retake your driving test - that stupid bitch got off lightly , 23 days , but she couldn't just shut up and take it , she had to jib and think she could buy her way out - now she gets to do the full sentence - and I hope that she shares a cell with a great big hairy dyke who tries to backscuttle her with a huge great dildo .

#53501 - 09 Jun 07 15:54 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: emmajkt]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: emmajkt

www.godhatesfags.com

Yep , I watched an interview with these loonies , and they are truly sick .

#53502 - 09 Jun 07 16:00 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: Shesca]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Shesca
Im not sure if you are comparing an apple to an apple here, Gonzo. I am well aware of the fact that the people in the southern part of the US are extremelly racist. Never really spent sometime there, but I know for sure (from talking to some people who are from there) that whatever you said above was true. However, I lived in a town that supposedly the headquarter of the Ku Klux Klan, my job required me to visit villages of the state there, where I am sure 90% of the population had never even exit their state ( I tell you whenever I visited the local restaurant for lunch they would look at me as if I was an alien from Saturn!! ), I had to interact with the local government people, with similar background with the rest of the population, yet I felt I was treated very much equally.
However when I was somewhere else, I was in a cosmopolitan city, the capital of the nation, and I felt so much different. And of course let me repeat again, that I am talking according to my personal experience and I didnt think I deny the fact that "some percentage" of the people of the US of A are "picky", , along but at least the outrageous number of the foreign nationals that are currently populate the countrywith the as outrageous number of those trying to enter it, speak the same language as I do.

What are you talking about ? You obviously think slavery is finished - these people to which you refer are the only thing that keeps the good old USA ticking over . America can't survive without cheap labour .

#53504 - 09 Jun 07 16:27 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
flingwing Offline
Member++

http://www.godhatesfags.com

Emma said "this . . .", not "that . . .". I say, Mainwaring, I believe she was talking about >http://www.JakChat.com/forums<. If you wannabe an actor, you must learn to follow the cues >grin<

#53508 - 09 Jun 07 16:39 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: flingwing]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Quoting: flingwing

Emma said "this . . .", not "that . . .". I say, Mainwaring, I believe she was talking about >http://www.JakChat.com/forums<. If you wannabe an actor, you must learn to follow the cues >grin<

haha.. nice try, nope its not JakChat what i mean. But any website showing extreme discrimination towards gay people is seriously cruel and sick. Talkin about i put 'this' beside 'that' sorry, my english is not perfect.

#53509 - 09 Jun 07 16:40 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: flingwing]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I say old boy , but you have read that completely wrongly - dear Emma used a quotation - therefore it is reasonable to assume that this is what she was refering to - you really must take more care .

#53510 - 09 Jun 07 16:43 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: emmajkt]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

haha.. nice try, nope its not jakchat what i mean. But any website showing extreme discrimination towards gay people is seriously cruel and sick. Talkin about i put 'this' beside 'that' sorry, my english is not perfect.

It is much more black than that Emma - this people are truly evil - they even go as far as picketing funerals - still , some kindly soul has started petrol bombing the memmers of the church .

#53516 - 09 Jun 07 18:49 Re: USA, what a CUNTry [Re: juminten]
Tut Tut Offline
Member+

Quoting: wallet digga'

Drunk drivers are the worst. It's one thing to have fun, but to have innocent bystanders losing their lives because you had fun and bad judgment, it's just outrageous. It will be a little too late to be sorry if someones loses his/her life.

People do care about the Paris Hilton thing! Why? Because it sets many bad precedents. All average Joes who had gotten more severe punishment than her can now sue the state because they should have had the same rights as that ditzy waste of space.

And, I don't hate America, it's a great country where I enjoyed living there for many years, with some great people and some fuckheads just like every other country in the world. It's just too bad that such a great country is run by the biggest idiot in the world.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  NetCop