Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53296 - 07 Jun 07 08:24 ANT/Very slow growth in number of Indonesia tax payers, official
biznews Moderator Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakarta
Very slow growth in number of Indonesia tax payers, official

Jakarta (Antara News) - The number of individual tax payers in Indonesia increased by only 200,000 to 300,000 a year during the past five years, the country`s top tax official said.

"In addition, only about 33 percent to 34 percent of them pay their taxes regularly," Darmin Nasution, director general of taxes, told media editors here on Tuesday night.

The number of individual tax payers was increasing at a very slow pace as at the end of 2006 it stood at only 3.3 million, and only 2.9 million of them were effective tax payers, Darmin said.

He said the slowness in the increase in the number of individual tax payers was due to the fact that the directorate general of taxes had not yet provided maximum service to the people while the people`s desire to pay taxes was still low.

Nasution said if Indonesia`s population was 220 million, the number of individual tax payers should be at least between 20 million and 25 million.

In order to increase the number of tax payers the directorate general was trying to modernize its taxation services and extensify its tax-base sources.

"We will improve our services, provide facilities and develop a database and administration system," he said.(*)

#53297 - 07 Jun 07 08:29 Re: ANT/Very slow growth in number of Indonesia tax payers, official [Re: KuKuKaChu]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
[size:14pt]He said the slowness in the increase in the number of individual tax payers was due to the fact that the directorate general of taxes had not yet provided maximum service to the people while the people`s desire to pay taxes was still low.

i have this overwhelming desire to pay tax.

#53313 - 07 Jun 07 12:06 Re: ANT/Very slow growth in number of Indonesia tax payers, official [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I love paying my taxes .... and the payments to the manpower department, and the one to the police, and the ones to immigration and the ones to every other corrupt low life scum

Actually I did find a reasonable policeman in Monas the other day. I got pulled over by the block M fuzz in the morning for making an illegal turn and the bastards wouldn't let me go for any less than Rp. 100.000. In the afternoon I decided to try another illegal move in Monas and got pulled over again. I explained to my man that the block m boys had been very greedy in the morning and refused to take anything less than Rp. 100.000. He actually showed empathy and sent me on my way with no payment required!!

Moderator:  biznews, NetCop