Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53038 - 04 Jun 07 18:36 Buying a car
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Other than the two following website, anyone have any clues on where to find good quality second-hand cars?

www.mobilbekas.com
www.mobilbaris.com

#53039 - 04 Jun 07 18:43 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk

#53040 - 04 Jun 07 18:54 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
Queenie Offline
Member++

Loc: Earth
Quoting: Piss Salon
Other than the two following website, anyone have any clues on where to find good quality second-hand cars?

www.mobilbekas.com
www.mobilbaris.com

Try ebay hehehe laugh

#53041 - 04 Jun 07 18:55 Re: Buying a car [Re: bonita]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Thanks. Is Mobil88 used car showrooms? And I have found that in my experience, anyone advertising the fact they are "Aman and Terpercaya" is generally not.

Will I get stiffed buying from a used car dealer here or would it be best to buy off the side off the side of the road?

#53044 - 04 Jun 07 19:36 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
Mobil88 is a large, used-car dealership owned the new-car Toyota sales agent here (Astra Group).

M88 has sales outlets all over the city. Also, all their cars are listed on their computer system, so you could go to one outlet and see what's for sale everywhere.

Cars at M88 generally cost more than those sold at "hole-in-the-wall" salesrooms. However, if I understand correctly, you get a guarantee (6 months?) with any M88 car you buy, so that takes some of the sting out of paying more.

Drop by any M88 dealer and see what's for sale and take notes about prices. Then go to any other dealers and compare. Ask around to see if anyone has ever been burned by Mobil88. I think you won't find many, if any who have.

Keep on truckin'.

#53045 - 04 Jun 07 19:41 Re: Buying a car [Re: flingwing]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Thanks for the advice. Sounds entirely reasonable.

Now what about cars.

Kijang versus Panther
Avanza versus Xenia

#53062 - 05 Jun 07 04:55 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Kijangs are as you can see popular, but, the most important thing to remember is get a car with rear AC,,,,,

#53065 - 05 Jun 07 09:08 Re: Buying a car [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

cant go wrong with a suzuki APV ---- brilliant little party bus

#53300 - 07 Jun 07 09:19 Re: Buying a car [Re: chewwyUK]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
daddy cheww! get a jaguar dong..for junior! so that he gets more room in the back seat to play smile

my goofbud, londoner is a very funny dude. "i'm a brit, i don't drive shaguar and i'm not married because i can not afford to buy my wife breast implants when they turn shaggy."....
OMG..i was numb with shock that a guy actually would said that.

#53319 - 07 Jun 07 14:14 Re: Buying a car [Re: juminten]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Chewwy, Digga's right. A man of your considerable stature should be driving a jag. The APV just isn't you. It looks like something the Partridge family would climb out of.

Has anyone here noticed that every fucker in Jakarta is driving one of five different models of car? Everybody has the same car.

Except for poor people of course. Who aren't driving anything except rubbish carts and things like that. Because they're poor. It would be pretty irresponsible for a poor person to use any money they had to buy a car. Even an old one. A car is no substitute for white rice and tikus bakar.

#53323 - 07 Jun 07 14:44 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

you can knock the old APV but I wouldn't drive anything else. Its compact, cheep to run and gets me where I need to go. Sadly mine is currently undergoing some repair work as on the same day I got done by the police twice i also managed to drive the van in to my apartments front gate (much to the amusement of the security guys).

Have a test drive Piss .. Brand new they are only around 110 mill

#53325 - 07 Jun 07 14:55 Re: Buying a car [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Got done by police twice for what? Not having a Rp50k note?

We have some APVs here. I am eying one should my pay continue to be withheld ....

#53326 - 07 Jun 07 14:57 Re: Buying a car [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Diesel Taft - strong as a horse .

#53329 - 07 Jun 07 15:02 Re: Buying a car [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

explanation on twice stopped.....

Actually I did find a reasonable policeman in Monas the other day. I got pulled over by the block M fuzz in the morning for making an illegal turn and the bastards wouldn't let me go for any less than Rp. 100.000. In the afternoon I decided to try another illegal move in Monas and got pulled over again. I explained to my man that the block m boys had been very greedy in the morning and refused to take anything less than Rp. 100.000. He actually showed empathy and sent me on my way with no payment required!!

#53330 - 07 Jun 07 15:06 Re: Buying a car [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Diesel Taft?

#53332 - 07 Jun 07 15:24 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

A Taft that is powered by Diesel Fuel

Attachments
1923-IMG_0341.JPG

#53335 - 07 Jun 07 15:32 Re: Buying a car [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hmmmmm. It doesn't reek of sex appeal. There is no denying that it is more rugged and manly than Chewwy's APV, but it's no chick magnet.

P.S. Doesn't Tinky Winky live at that house?

#53336 - 07 Jun 07 15:37 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

The one across the road -

Use the Merc for Sex Appeal , but it falls to bits while you look at it - notwithstanding that even a 2001 is fetching well over 300 J.....

#53337 - 07 Jun 07 15:39 Re: Buying a car [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Good Lord , just seen a picture of one of those APV creations - looks like a bloody fridge .

#53339 - 07 Jun 07 15:47 Re: Buying a car [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Haha. A fridge with wheels and old people inside being shipped back and forth between their retirement home and the salon.

Just saw a nice pic of a 1969 Merc. Rp35j. And it's black.

#53341 - 07 Jun 07 15:57 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

do you need a car for sex appeal?

#53342 - 07 Jun 07 15:58 Re: Buying a car [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I want something I would like to drive. Something with a little spunk.

#53344 - 07 Jun 07 16:04 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

get yourself a BMW then piss ... they are always driven by wankers. Or on second thoughts i can see you in a nice Honda Jazz

#53359 - 07 Jun 07 16:55 Re: Buying a car [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Honda Jazz would wash away in the first banjir. I don't think they would offer too much protection in the event of head-on collision with a kaki lima. Those woks are fucking sturdy.

#53361 - 07 Jun 07 17:29 Re: Buying a car [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

An SPV might be OK , I expect you can retrofit them with a wheelchair lift , which you could then use for picking up shopping trollies .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop