Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52713 - 30 May 07 18:25 Bizarre Bali Kiddy Fiddler
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
JAKARTA, The Point
A French national detained for overstaying in Bali has allegedly told immigration officials that he fiddled with small boys during his time on the resort island.
And bizarrely, the man, identified as Martial Jean, 43, appears to be enjoying the instant infamy the allegations have attracted, with Antara reporting he acts like a “celebrity” whenever the media approach, as opposed to other foreigners in detention who are “allergic” to journalists.
The case reminds observers of the admission, later proven false, of weirdo John Mark Karr, a 41-year-old school teacher, who confessed to the murder of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey in the United States in 1996. The real killer has never been found.
“He [Jean] allegedly committed the acts of pedophilia with children in Menyali Village, Buleleng District,” Singaraja Immigration Office head Sutrisno said in Denpasar, the provincial capital of Bali, on Wednesday.
Sutrisno said the victims were junior high school students IS, 13, and his brother, K, an elementary school student.
Jean, currently being detained at immigration headquarters in Denpasar, was allegedly arrested for overstaying past his May 14 visa deadline.
However, Sutriston said that during the interrogation, Jean admitted to his ''expertise” in grooming male children by taking them shopping and plying them with books and toys.
“I also often bathed them and touched their sensitive parts,” Jean was quoted by Sutrisno as saying during the interrogation.
Jean has been staying in Bali since 2003, and started residing in Singaraja in 2005.
He faces charges under Law No. 9/1992 on Immigration and Law No. 23/2002 on Child Protection.
Sutrisno said the pedophilia information would be handed to Bali Police for further investigation.
The case is the latest in a string of reported pedophile cases involving foreigners in Indonesia, with most incidents occurring in Bali or the Indonesian capital Jakarta. (CB)

#52720 - 30 May 07 19:02 Re: Bizarre Bali Kiddy Fiddler [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Well I suppose that it is one way to avoid getting deported .

#52722 - 30 May 07 19:18 Re: Bizarre Bali Kiddy Fiddler [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
and another good way of ensuring a daily beating in the nick

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop