Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52692 - 30 May 07 15:04 FBR leads the charge against Australia!
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
news from the australian embassy in Jl Rasuna Said:

embassy is under seige by preman from around jakarta, led by my very good neighbour, Mr Max Wetan, protesting the "treatment" handed out to Sutiyoso whilst he was in Sydney.

Sutiyoso beat a hasty exit from australia after he was invited to give testimony to an inquiry into the 1974 execution of 5 australian journalists in east timor by the indonesian military.

#52693 - 30 May 07 15:13 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
cant imagine they are going to get close to anybody .... since the bomb they have some very big thick walls in place to keep the riff raff away (not that i would ever call FBR riff raff

#52694 - 30 May 07 15:16 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: chewwyUK]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: chewwyUK
(not that i would ever call FBR riff raff

oh goodness no!

however, detik.com also reports that FBR are going to undertake "sweeping" against all australians in indonesia. i wonder if my neighbour will be including me in that??

#52696 - 30 May 07 15:39 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Is he a muslim?

The Ozzie press photo covering the story shows him checking the wine out!

Attachments
1893-sutiyoso_wideweb__470x327,2.jpg

#52698 - 30 May 07 15:54 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
If I have an Ozy and British passport does that mean I only get a half sweep?

#52700 - 30 May 07 16:22 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: Dilli
Is he a muslim?

That's not wine , it's Ketjap Manis

#52701 - 30 May 07 16:23 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Is he a muslim?

No , you get 1.5 sweeps .

#52705 - 30 May 07 16:40 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Is he a muslim?

That's not wine , it's Ketjap Manis

oh crap. it's wine. no ambiguity there. the premier was no doubt showing a bottle of NSW's finest from the vineyards of the hunter valley.

#52739 - 30 May 07 20:31 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Good old FBR ay ? Jakarta's brain cell sharing cooperative strikes again.

#52780 - 31 May 07 12:42 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: Roy's Hair]
Pooh Bah

Just in from the Oz embassy:

Travel Advice: Indonesia

This Advice was issued on Thursday, 31 May 2007, 12:08:10, EST.

This advice has been reviewed and reissued. It contains new information under the Summary and Civil Unrest/Political Tension (demonstrations outside the Australian Embassy in Jakarta). The overall level of the advice has not changed.

Summary

Demonstrations outside the Australian Embassy in Jakarta could impede access and pose a safety risk to visitors. Australians should avoid all protests and demonstrations as they can turn violent. Australians should exercise a high level of vigilance and personal security awareness at this time. You should continue to telephone ahead for an appointment before going to the Embassy.

For a full text of the revised advisories, please refer to:
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/

#52782 - 31 May 07 12:48 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.....

#52877 - 01 Jun 07 09:40 Re: FBR leads the charge against Australia! [Re: naga]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
It's all bullshit anyway. They didn't break into his room - they knocked on the door and invited the cunt to testify about his previous murderous activities - which are no doubt true anyway - I mean if the Indonesian army can kill unarmed women and children as they did a couple of days ago then they can certainly knock off a couple of Ozzie journalists in 1975. Snooty Bozo is an utter shite hawk of the highest order who should probably be in jail and the demonstrations outside the Oz embassy only serve to demonstrate the lemming like stupidity of the Indonesian masses who still seem to have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about what politics is for and how it works.

Yours off chestedly,

Roy's hair

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop