Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52584 - 29 May 07 12:14 Stokke, the Pole Vaulter
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Here's the latest article on the teenage pole vault sensation. She's made the big time -- the front page of THE WASHINGTON POST. Amazing, this gal is not only an elite athlete and very attractive, but this article says she is a Straight-A student (means perfect scores in ALL her high school classes). Good gracious, some people have it all. And money? No idea, but Newport Beach has some of the highest property values on the planet Earth.

---------------
Here's the link (may require registration):
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/28/AR2007052801370.html?hpid=sec-sports

Teen Tests Internet's Lewd Track Record
California High Schooler Allison Stokke, 18, Becomes a Victim Of Unwanted Attention After Photo Is Posted on a Sports Blog

By Eli Saslow
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, May 29, 2007; Page A01

NORWALK, Calif. -- Early this month, 18-year-old Allison Stokke walked into her high school track coach's office and asked if he knew any reliable media consultants. Stokke had tired of constant phone calls, of relentless Internet attention, of interview requests from Boston to Brazil.

In her high school track and field career, Stokke had won a 2004 California state pole vaulting title, broken five national records and earned a scholarship to the University of California, yet only track devotees had noticed. Then, in early May, she received e-mails from friends who warned that a year-old picture of Stokke idly adjusting her hair at a track meet in New York had been plastered across the Internet. She had more than 1,000 new messages on her MySpace page. A three-minute video of Stokke standing against a wall and analyzing her performance at another meet had been posted on YouTube and viewed 150,000 times.

/.../
Stokke tried to ignore the Internet attention. She kept it from her parents. She focused on graduating with a grade-point average above 4.0, on overcoming a knee injury and winning her second state title. But at track meets, twice as many photographers showed up to take her picture. The main office at Newport Harbor High School received dozens of requests for Stokke photo shoots, including one from a risqué magazine in Brazil.

#52585 - 29 May 07 12:20 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

you have to admire her talent for the pole ..... I can only hope she moves from pole vaulting to pole dancing as soon as possible. She would make a fortune if she changed her name to Misty and worked Spearmint Rhino.

#52597 - 29 May 07 14:21 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: riccardo
classes). Good gracious, some people have it all. And money? No idea, but Newport Beach has some of the highest property values on the planet Earth.

Stokke tried to ignore the Internet attention. She kept it from her parents.

Well Lawyers who defend child molesters generally do very well indeed - Good of her not to trouble her father while he was "wheelbarrowing" .

#52742 - 31 May 07 00:07 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Well... our gal in California is sure making the rounds now. The Brits, who actually think she's really attractive (compared to what they have to look at everyday -- good gracious, go to any beach in SoCal and this gal wouldn't even make the top 100) are picking up on this funny little phenomenon.

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=51049&in_page_id=34

An unsuspecting teenage pole-vaulter has become the latest unwilling internet celebrity ... Allison Stokke is 18 years old, and is one of America's most promising young pole vaulters – breaking the national record for her age group five times, twice the state champion in California.

But it's not her achievements on the athletic field that have drawn the attention of the internet; rather, it's the fact that she's very attractive. But now Stokke is complaining that the is 'demeaning', and that she is beginning to worry about her safety.
/.../
The Washington Post article has had at least one positive outcome for Stokke - allisonstokke.com, an unoffical [SIC] fansite, has been taken down, with the message 'Farewell - Sorry for having contributed to the unwanted attention, Allison. We think you're a phenomenal athlete and wish you the best of luck in your academic and athletic endeavors.' But plenty of other sites still remain.

------------------------------------------------------------

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article1857190.ece

A month ago, Allison Stokke was an ordinary sixth-former with a special talent: pole vaulting.

A two-time California state champion and national record-holder, she was serious about her chosen sport, which had earned her a university scholarship. But then she made the “mistake” of posting a three-minute interview about her technique on the internet video site YouTube.

Within days, pictures of her, innocently taken at a track-and-field event, were on the internet and being leered at by tens of thousands of men all over the world on websites that have nothing to do with sport.

The attention has become so great that Miss Stokke, 18, now locks the doors and avoids leaving her house alone. ...

The sixth-former at Newport Harbour [SIC] High School in Newport Beach has received dozens of requests for photo-shoots from as far afield as Brazil, and photographers have been flocking to her athletics meetings.

Miss Stokke was a childhood gymnast until she switched to pole vaulting, following a friend. She soon won the California state pole vaulting title for her age group and broke five national records, earning a scholarship to the University of California-Berkeley.

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anastasia-goodstein/beyond-their-control-whe_b_49874.html

I talk a lot about how the internet can magnify or amplify because of its viral nature. You see this when teens post inappropriate photos or videos of themselves, and they end up being forwarded around school (or more than one school). Suddenly that image or video is beyond their control. You can try to get people to remove it, but it's hard, if not impossible, to remove every instance where that image might show up. The best you can do is try to bury it in Google search results so it's harder to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------
America's biggest TV Network..

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/05/29/publiceye/entry2863122.shtml

Meet the Greta Garbo of the Internet: Allison Stokke. She’s 18 years old, athletic, attractive and wants to be left the hell alone.

Today’s Washington Post runs a front-page (?!) story about Stokke, a high school track star who became a worldwide (maybe just a world wide web wide) star in recent weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasPlQYZEHw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emetro%2Eco%2Euk%2Fnews%2Farticle%2Ehtml%3Fin%5Farticle%5Fid%3D51049%26in%5Fpage%5Fid%3D34
video action of the teen phenom

#52744 - 31 May 07 00:51 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Well... our gal in California is sure making the rounds now. The Brits, who actually think she's really attractive (compared to what they have to look at everyday -- good gracious, go to any beach in SoCal and this gal wouldn't even make the top 100) are picking up on this funny little phenomenon.

You have your fair share of absolute monsters too - how long do you think before she borrows Daddy's gun and runs amock whilst pole-vaulting ? or shaves her barnet off in a Britneyesque protest?

I feel an "American Monster" post on the horizon.

#52745 - 31 May 07 01:03 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian

It probably won't be too long before Stokke burns-out

Edited by riccardo (02 Jun 07 09:52)
Edit Reason: nothing remotely relevant, mere whinging and childish language

#52746 - 31 May 07 01:12 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007240703,00.html

#52760 - 31 May 07 08:30 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Read with a German Accent

Q)
Are you a pole vaulter?

A)
No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter!

#52823 - 31 May 07 18:33 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The BBC gets into the act and is surely creating more problems for young Allison, due to their typical Brit journo motto of "never let the facts get in the way of a good story." There are over 200 comments to the story below and almost all are of the "she deserved it", "it's all her fault", "she posted the video to get attention..." variety

A university [sic] pole vaulter from America has become an internet sex symbol following an interview she posted[sic] on-line about her sport.

Allison Stokke posted a three minute [sic] interview on the video sharing website, YouTube.

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.j...13550#paginator

The problem is the BBC's facts are so far off the mark that I believe it meets the legal definition of defamation. By all accounts, that YouTube video was posted by an anon fan/ogler. There has been NOTHING to suggest that she has posted anything about herself on the Internet.

I've always known Brit journos to be a tad less than tasteful and bit on the yellowy side, but when they deliberately set out to do harm to an innocent young girl, that is disgusting.

Stokke should be held up as an example of all that is still good in our societies (straight-A student, elite athlete, earned a scholarship to a top school); as someone who has done most things right in her life, rather than being trashed and defamed by the grand ol' friggin' BBC.

#52830 - 31 May 07 19:02 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

The BBC gets into the act and is surely creating more problems for young Allison, due to their typical Brit journo motto of "never let the facts get in the way of a good story." There are over 200 comments to the story below and almost all are of the "she deserved it", "it's all her fault", "she posted the video to get attention..." variety

A university [sic] pole vaulter from America has become an internet sex symbol following an interview she posted[sic] on-line about her sport.

Allison Stokke posted a three minute [sic] interview on the video sharing website, YouTube.

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.j...13550#paginator

The problem is the BBC's facts are so far off the mark that I believe it meets the legal definition of defamation. By all accounts, that YouTube video was posted by an anon fan/ogler. There has been NOTHING to suggest that she has posted anything about herself on the Internet.

I've always known Brit journos to be a tad less than tasteful and bit on the yellowy side, but when they deliberately set out to do harm to an innocent young girl, that is disgusting.

Stokke should be held up as an example of all that is still good in our societies (straight-A student, elite athlete, earned a scholarship to a top school); as someone who has done most things right in her life, rather than being trashed and defamed by the grand ol' friggin' BBC.

Your posts are also littered with supposition and hearsay , not to mention biased opinion .

Right , so , there has been NOTHING to suggest that she didn;t post it either ?

You'll forgive the cynicism Riccardo , but her father is not exactly what you would call a role model , and perhaps she has the same morals as him .....

She doesn't seem to be exactly refusing "all the attention" .

#52875 - 01 Jun 07 09:08 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Capt... do you know what non-sequitur means? Do you understand that my past nor her father's past have anything to do with the fact that the BBC's facts are all out of whack and will surely do the girl more harm? errr... you don't have to answer, we already know.

#52878 - 01 Jun 07 09:46 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
can you put up some more photos of this lovely wee honey for us dribbling perverts please??

#52880 - 01 Jun 07 10:07 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Roy's hair
can you put up some more photos ... please??

Why sure...

#52883 - 01 Jun 07 10:21 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
two poles ay? The little minx

#52887 - 01 Jun 07 14:07 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Capt... do you know what non-sequitur means? Do you understand that my past nor her father's past have anything to do with the fact that the BBC's facts are all out of whack and will surely do the girl more harm? errr... you don't have to answer, we already know.

No Riccardo , no fucking idea , never had the benefit of an education .

Edited by riccardo (02 Jun 07 09:56)
Edit Reason: just give us a link, nobody on earth wants to read all that gibberish you posted.

#52889 - 01 Jun 07 14:14 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I'll tell you something Riccardo - Alan Stokke must be some sort of spanner - everywhere else in the world people involved in getting scumbags off criminal charges DON'T routinely post their home address of the 'net -

Try this search :-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=septic+pumping+alan+stokke&meta=

Ironic isn't it ?

#52890 - 01 Jun 07 14:25 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

HEY Now I see the need for our newest program!
Last year we applied for and received a Federal grant
to counsel and educate male and female Latinos as they
come out of Juvenile Detention Facilities run by the Orange
County Probation Department.

He surely can't be her father ?

Attachments
1903-stokke.JPG

Edited by riccardo (02 Jun 07 09:59)
Edit Reason: again just a link will be fine...

#52894 - 01 Jun 07 16:28 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
His daughter is much more attractive. He must have a hot wife. More photos please.

#52901 - 01 Jun 07 18:01 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon
His daughter is much more attractive. He must have a hot wife. More photos please.

Yep , she must be well fit , without a doubt .How that old troll can have fathered her is a mystery . Any chance of photo's of the Mrs ?

#52910 - 01 Jun 07 19:11 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

He's got a rather large forehead also. I doubt even she could vault over that.

#52911 - 01 Jun 07 19:11 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Play a game of tennis on it perhaps ....

#52914 - 01 Jun 07 19:58 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Or use is as a "meja kerja" , she is after all a "straight A student " - she could put her books on it , like a lectern

#52915 - 01 Jun 07 20:20 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Is he confused about his sex?

From Wikipedia:

Esquire (abbreviated Esq.) was originally a title for the sons of nobles and gentry who did not possess any other title. However, today the term is often used instead of Mr on official documents and in formal correspondence. It is linked to the word squire which refers to a knight's servant. There is no female equivalent for the social form although in the United States it is sometimes used professionally for female lawyers. ...

#52916 - 01 Jun 07 20:35 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Anyway, Ricc, who, in your opinion, are the ten hottest American female athletes of all time.

The 10,000 meter runner Mary Dekker springs to mind, if you are into 80s hair.

#52926 - 02 Jun 07 01:15 Re: Stokke, the Pole Vaulter [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon
Anyway, Ricc, who, in your opinion, are the ten hottest American female athletes of all time.

The 10,000 meter runner Mary Dekker springs to mind, if you are into 80s hair.

Come off it Piss , Desmond Dekker is more attractive .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop