Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52526 - 28 May 07 18:37 What happened to Antara?
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
What happened to Antara?

http://www.antara.com/

#52533 - 28 May 07 19:59 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: Piss Salon]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Christ on a brick truck Piss: www.antara.co.id OR www.antara.co.id/en. Just turn on my old computer and go to "Favorites" and look in the folder named "Indonews" for more.
Thanks.

PS - Peter O'Toole is a rather phallic name.

#52538 - 28 May 07 20:11 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hello Kenny. Not as phallic as Roger O'Sausage. Or Knobbly Bits.

Click on my link above and you get a rather swish, 'Indonesia Post' website. It is rather good but I knew nothing of it.

I am more than capable of finding Antara, thank you very much.

What's on the menu? I had to settle for an Ifumie tanpa ampala. Sigh.

It's a real dog's bollox here tonight.

#52543 - 28 May 07 20:47 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: Piss Salon]
Pujangga

Quoting: Piss Salon
What's on the menu? I had to settle for an Ifumie tanpa ampala. Sigh.

Only meager fare tonight: Blue vein cheese and salami on dry wheat biscuits. Then sausages, bacon, fried eggs and onion, brocoli and mashed potato. Then brandied orange segments with icecream and cream. I don't yet miss the old Ifumie tanpa ampala (dan tanpa bakso karet and rambut).

Actually, I guess my last meager fare was a "tarif lama" taxi ride from Jaksa to Lokasari for Rp8,000.

PS - Bambang Sugianto is a rather Indonesian name. He and Anita have four young children. Three are hermaphrodites.

PPS - I've not perused the fine print, but this is no place for menu comparisons or wife swabbing. Thanks.

#52546 - 28 May 07 20:53 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Swabbing?

#52554 - 28 May 07 21:16 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: Dilli]
Pujangga

Quoting: Dilli
Swabbing?

Why shouldn't pregnant women clean up the cat shit? [AKA - Wife Swabbing]
(Jaksa Medical Journal, May 21, 1997)

Have you ever read the Indonesian Health Ministry's 1972 regulation on kitty handling? If you have, you probably have come across an unexpected warning: "Pregnant women should be advised that cat feces may carry a parasite which causes toxoplasmosis. Take care to wash/swab your hands and breasts after contact with cats."

The parasite referred to in this warning is Toxoplasma gondii, a single-celled organism that invades the intestinal tracts of cats. Toxoplasma also can infect beavers, dogs, pigs, chickens, hamsters, gnus, pterodactyls and variety of other warm-blooded animals, but it is only within cats that it can form infectious offspring that are released in the feces.

Married women contract toxoplasma from the feces of infected cats or by eating undercooked meat from infected cats.

About 75 percent of wives in Indonesia have been infected with toxoplasma at some time, though most show no symptoms. Their immune systems typically protect them from harm caused by toxoplasma, but this is not the case for a developing fetus. If a woman contracts toxoplasma while pregnant, the parasite can reach her developing baby. The baby's immune system is not able to defend against the parasite, and damage to the brain, eyes, genitals, nose or even a miscarriage may occur.

Preventive measures will reduce the risk of toxoplasma infection. These include drowning your cats in the canal and not feeding them rice, as well as soaping the breasts and gently tweaking the nipples after handling kittens or while reading this site.

Edited by kenyeung (28 May 07 21:18)
Edit Reason: I have no life

#52564 - 28 May 07 22:14 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Cheer up. You have a life mate.

It is just a life very very far away from other people with your only windows into the world being "The Auntie" and the net.

At least you have no shortages of cats, just like my grandmother.

#52567 - 28 May 07 23:01 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: Piss Salon]
Pujangga

Please, if you can't stay on topic, then consider working for Antara - they're always missing the point.

So getting back on topic: Suara kucing sering ditulis "meong" dalam bahasa Indonesia. Dalam bahasa Inggris yng digunakan di Amerika dan Selandia Baru, suara kucing ditulis "meow" atau "hello kitty". Bukan "here pussy, pussy, puss, puss puss".

#52568 - 28 May 07 23:23 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Back on thread, has anyone clicked on www.antara.com?
It appears a pretty slick site.

#52569 - 28 May 07 23:34 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: kenyeung]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: kenyeung
Please, if you can't stay on topic, then consider working for Antara - they're always missing the point.

So getting back on topic: Suara kucing sering ditulis "meong" dalam bahasa Indonesia. Dalam bahasa Inggris yng digunakan di Amerika dan Selandia Baru, suara kucing ditulis "meow" atau "hello kitty". Bukan "here pussy, pussy, puss, puss puss".

Suara kucing tidak pernah ditulis "hello kitty" - yang pemilik kucing tersebut sering bilang begitu .

#52575 - 29 May 07 08:17 Re: What happened to Antara? [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
Back on thread, has anyone clicked on www.antara.com?
It appears a pretty slick site.

yes, that slick site is just search-engine bait. besides holding the antara.com domain hostage.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop