Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52417 - 27 May 07 14:48 Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
[Capt. Mainwaring] hi-di-hi campers

[KuKuKaChu] hi-di-ho capt'n!

[Capt. Mainwaring] so , how are things in jolly old batavia?

[KuKuKaChu] just got back from shopping. met chewwy.
[KuKuKaChu] his behaviour was disgraceful. he's an embarrassment to buledom.

[Capt. Mainwaring] tell me more....

[KuKuKaChu] i tried to get a photo, but he managed to elude me

[Capt. Mainwaring] what was he doing ? surely not nongkrong ?

[KuKuKaChu] if only he was!
[KuKuKaChu] he was being led around the shopping aisles by his wife, with *him* pushing the trolly

[Capt. Mainwaring] what you mean......

[KuKuKaChu] i tried to tell him, his woman should be one step *behind* him, and pushing the trolly, but he wouldn't listen

[Capt. Mainwaring] he wasn't 3 steps behind issuing orders?

[KuKuKaChu] capt, i tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he was clearly as guilty as sin. admitted it himself

[Capt. Mainwaring] no , terbalik , always have the woman in front
[Capt. Mainwaring] in case of landmines

[KuKuKaChu] capt, i know your trying to defend him, but there haven't been any landmines in that part of jakarta for years. no excuses!

[Capt. Mainwaring] and he was the one asking for advice about getting married ... I told him all he needed was a tongkat gede...

[KuKuKaChu] the fellow needs pulling into line. he's letting down the side.

[Capt. Mainwaring] does the future mrs chewwy look like she could prove problematic then ?

[KuKuKaChu] oh yes, oh yes ... poor chewwy is completely infatuated. a dangerous situation indeed. the woman is walking all over him ...

[Capt. Mainwaring] if necessary I suppose I could provide some pastoral care for the happy couple...

[KuKuKaChu] capt, you gotta do something quick before this spreads

[Capt. Mainwaring] I'll be over shortly , I'll have to gather the troops up
[Capt. Mainwaring] I would expect you to take up the cause though

[KuKuKaChu] of course! we're all right behind you capt!

[Capt. Mainwaring] tell me KuKu , was the entourage embellished with sister's and other family members?

[KuKuKaChu] no entourage yet. but that's surely coming soon

[Capt. Mainwaring] right then , I want him on parade as soon as possible , we have to nip this in the bud

[KuKuKaChu] aye sir

[Capt. Mainwaring] there is a worrying undercurrent of disrespect
[Capt. Mainwaring] you of all people know how dangerous this can be

[KuKuKaChu] i know capt, i know. this kind of thing could catch on. then all the indonesian girls will expect the same treatment

[Capt. Mainwaring] it is Mrs Mainwaring birthday today , and I said as a special treat she could wash the car before breakfast
[Capt. Mainwaring] actually , I want her to change the power steering fluid , but she got a nasty injury in the fan belt
[Capt. Mainwaring] washing the car will help clean the wound

[KuKuKaChu] you're so thoughtful capt. if only all bules were the same

[Capt. Mainwaring] I like to think so , I even bought her a new trolley jack after the bottle jack collapsed on her - bloody fire brigade wanted to cut the car to get her out ...
[Capt. Mainwaring] we got her out by gently rocking the car backward and forwards
[Capt. Mainwaring] very little damage thankfully , but she nearly lost the sump plug ! stupid girl .

[KuKuKaChu] tsk tsk tsk

[Capt. Mainwaring] she had to work an extra shift to buy a replacement sump plug
[Capt. Mainwaring] and getting overtime at the docks isn't easy now

[KuKuKaChu] fair's fair

[Capt. Mainwaring] she did take it well , I have to say , but then she didn't really have a lot of choice , all I had to do was release the brake on the wheelchair and push

[KuKuKaChu] yeah, you can't spoil them. they get all uppity if you do.

[Capt. Mainwaring] you had better get chewwy on his mobile , this needs stopping NOW.

[KuKuKaChu] done!

[Capt. Mainwaring] well done - I can get back to my grouting knowing that Jakarta is safe
[Capt. Mainwaring] what worries me is that this may be being repeated in towns and villages all over Indonesia - love sick bules getting sentimental

[KuKuKaChu] exactly capt, exactly! it sets such a bad example to the natives.

[Capt. Mainwaring] I have a good portion of east java covered , but I fear it is not enough

[KuKuKaChu] we can only do so much, capt. this is the bule's burden

[Capt. Mainwaring] it is a cyclic problem , it only needs one errant bule to create total disorder

[KuKuKaChu] my thoughts exactly, capt. there's such a thin line between order and chaos.
[KuKuKaChu] and let's face it, we're the only thing holding this country together!

[Capt. Mainwaring] do you know , i'm told that some of them even take there wive's on holiday !

[KuKuKaChu] capt, now you're going too far. you mean, overseas?? it's wasted on the natives. they can't understand that kind of stuff.

[Capt. Mainwaring] tell me about it - Mrs Mainwaring wanders about every morning looking for a bakso malang stall - I can't tell you how embarrassing it can be , sometimes she is only wandering around in flip flops - no joke in central London
[Capt. Mainwaring] I tell you what, it is grounds for a KITAS on it's own - protecting the Indonesian Home front . SBY clearly has no idea of the uprising on his door step

[Chocolatea] What's going on here!!

[KuKuKaChu] nuffing
[KuKuKaChu] secret men's business

[Chocolatea] *i'm sniffing a world class conspiracy here*

[KuKuKaChu] damn. i should've destroyed the evidence

#52421 - 27 May 07 17:00 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Oh come on boys .... I wont spoil your games. The girls understand it's a generation thing. I am a modern man and therefore well and truly whipped.

Kuku clearly leads by example as everytime I have spotted him in Carrefour his mrs is always pushing the trolly while he is watching the TV's.

This sort of training cant be rushed .... it takes time. I hope one day I can wash away the guilt and shame by having the mrs push the trolly around while i grope a young staff member in the pastry section

#52423 - 27 May 07 17:18 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
If , and only if you promise never to do it again .

KuKu even lets each wife have their own trolley , which is as far as it should go .

You must be cruel to be kind , not only are you making a rod for your own back , but your wife to be will only end up disappointed later - she must think she has won the lottery , you pushing the trolley and her throwing things in it willy-nilly , you have to check everything that she may wish to purchase , is it necessary etc ? she needs to know how to calculate price per weight measure so that she can always purchase the most economic solution for the family .

I cannot stress how important it is to instill proper respect from the very start -

#52424 - 27 May 07 17:28 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Ahhh .. I see. At the moment she is using the "if it's expensive it must be good" method of shopping. Next time at carrefour I will pick up a big broom stick and commence the kuku / captain training regime

#52425 - 27 May 07 17:33 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Aduh Chewwy ! What on earth is going on ? that is no way for her to shop - you even imply that you let her choose things .

Get the Carrefour receipt , drag her by the hair and throw her into the car boot , and get yourself back to Carrefour , she can admit to them that she purchased these items without your permission , and as such it is theft , insist that Carrefor issue a full refund for these items , then give her a flaming good hiding in front of the cashiers -

She will thank you for your kind compassion later .

#52435 - 27 May 07 19:23 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I am not a double agent!

I have discussed the predicament with Chewwy and it is obvious he is pussy whipped.

No cure!

#52462 - 28 May 07 09:34 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

There is a Korean guy in my apartments you guys should meet. He likes nothing more than having his very small maid carry his golf clubs to and from his car while he does bugger all. The poor girl is smaller than his golf clubs!!

#52466 - 28 May 07 10:18 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: chewwyUK]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Quoting: chewwyUK
There is a Korean guy in my apartments you guys should meet. He likes nothing more than having his very small maid carry his golf clubs to and from his car while he does bugger all. The poor girl is smaller than his golf clubs!!

I am teaching my children to be kind to everyone including helpers around the house (when we visit my mother in Jakarta); simple courtesy such as clearing their dishes after meal and saying thank you; holding the door open for the person behind them, etc. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
It's a shame to hear how this Korean guy is treating his helper badly.

Edited by doremi (28 May 07 10:46)

#52489 - 28 May 07 14:18 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: doremi]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: doremi
Quoting: chewwyUK

I am teaching my children to be kind to everyone including helpers around the house (when we visit my mother in Jakarta); simple courtesy such as clearing their dishes after meal and saying thank you; holding the door open for the person behind them, etc. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
It's a shame to hear how this Korean guy is treating his helper badly.

Ah but of course DRM , and rightly so too - manners maketh a man and all of that - we aren't talking about not being polite , or not helping as appropriate ( I helped Mrs. Mainwaring concrete the drive ) - what we are talking about a little discipline at home , doors opened , correctly accounted for shopping budget , shirts properly laundered and ironed etc .

We certainly aren't talking about abuse here DRM , but Chewwy will live to regret it later , remember DRM - Carpets , Horses and Wives all benefit from a right good beating now and again .

#52501 - 28 May 07 15:05 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
sheikh al-laden Offline

Loc: kuala lumpur, malaysia
should see how the indon maids are treated here in KL . some r treated like their own families and most are treated like kunta kinte. Wake up 5am, wash employer's car ( normally 2-3 cars here) , make breakfast, do laundries, make lunch, ironing, wash dishes, make tea, baby sit, gardening, wash toilet, make dinner, more ironing, sleeps only at 11pm. 7 days a week. makes less than Rp1mil a mth. hmmmmm...... and we trash a million a day just to satisfy our lust.

#52515 - 28 May 07 16:19 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: sheikh al-laden]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: sheikh al-laden
should see how the indon maids are treated here in KL . some r treated like their own families and most are treated like kunta kinte. Wake up 5am, wash employer's car ( normally 2-3 cars here) , make breakfast, do laundries, make lunch, ironing, wash dishes, make tea, baby sit, gardening, wash toilet, make dinner, more ironing, sleeps only at 11pm. 7 days a week. makes less than Rp1mil a mth. hmmmmm...... and we trash a million a day just to satisfy our lust.

Just as well that golfing isn't that popular over there .

#52518 - 28 May 07 17:02 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: sheikh al-laden]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus

I am sorry to burst your bubble regarding your perceptions of Westerners, but the above is the work regime of the typical nuclear family in the West. Without the slaves. On top of that at least one if not both parents hold down jobs.

#52519 - 28 May 07 17:09 Re: Chewwy lets the side down! an embarrassment to buledom [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Piss Salon

I am sorry to burst your bubble regarding your perceptions of Westerners, but the above is the work regime of the typical nuclear family in the West. Without the slaves. On top of that at least one if not both parents hold down jobs.

Very good point , an excess of vowels , but a good point nonetheless.

Moderator:  NetCop