Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52347 - 26 May 07 12:47 Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia

#52349 - 26 May 07 13:05 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Still giggling, must be my immaturity!

#52359 - 26 May 07 17:08 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Thank you Kenny , I was just about to do the same thing - poor old Riccardo , you dirty knicker sniffing perverts have offended his sense of decency , that and he is shit scared of having his arse sued off by her dad .

I must say she is certainly worth one - I don't know why Riccard took such offense , in some US states , she could bave been married for 5 years and be well and truly stretched out of shape by now .

#52362 - 26 May 07 17:35 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
C'mon Capt. and you too Dilli... If I'm not mistaken, you guys both have daughters just a couple years younger. I don't think you'd be so cavalier in your attitudes and flippant with the witless, crass jokes that I deleted if it was a daughter of yours...
Here's an article from her hometown paper about people like you fellas...
-------------------------------------------------

Web woes for Stokke
TRACK AND FIELD: Newport Harbor High pole vaulter has had to deal with bizarre popularity and lewd comments on the Internet.

By Soraya Nadia McDonald

Newport Harbor High pole vaulter Allison Stokke has been drawing attention ever since she won the state championship as a freshman with a clearance of 12 feet, 8 inches.

But lately, some of that attention has taken a lewd — and in one case downright fraudulent — turn.

In recent weeks, Stokke's Internet popularity has grown. There's a MySpace page for her fan club, an unofficial fan site (allisonstokke.com), and someone even started a Facebook account posing as Stokke. A crude video from a track meet, featuring an interview with Stokke, was posted on YouTube three weeks ago. Since then, it's been viewed at least 143,714 times. A Google search for "Allison Stokke" garners 175,000 hits. The same search on Yahoo! shows 288,000 matching results.

But Stokke, who's No. 2 in the state and will vault for UC Berkeley next year, isn't an athlete in a sport that tops the television ratings. Hollywood doesn't churn out a litany of movies about pole vaulting, so Stokke's popularity is a mystery until you read the messages accompanying photos of her vaulting at track meets.

Comments about Stokke, 18, have ranged from "she's hot" to obscene phrases that can't be printed in a family newspaper.

One of the tamer posts on beyondhollywood.com reads: "Pole vaulting is one of those sports that you can go to college free for via scholarship, but hardly anyone knows it even exists, or that people actually treat it as, well you know, a sport. They're going to get wise real soon when they meet Allison Stokke, the hottest pole vaulter since the dawn of the sport."

Stokke declined to comment for this story.

It's a situation that's left Stokke's parents, Cindy and Allan, angry and disgusted, and her track and field coach, Eric Tweit, scratching his head, because even though Stokke is an adult in the eyes of the law, she's still in high school.

"The Internet and Dyestat [a popular website for California high school track and field] has taken the publicity you can have to a whole 'nother realm that I'm really not used to," Tweit said.

It's been especially difficult for Stokke's father, a prominent criminal defense attorney in Newport Beach, since he can't pursue every random guy who posts inappropriate messages about his daughter. He's worried about someone stalking her.

"I'm probably more sensitive to these things because of the cases I've seen over the years," he said. "I'm concerned that something negative could develop from it."

The family has not taken any legal action against offending sites to date, Allan Stokke said, and has no current plans to do so. He counseled Sarah Bench-Salorio, the Orange Unified School District teacher who was sentenced last year to six years in prison after pleading guilty to committing lewd acts with boys.

Stokke's father said he did not know where most of the photos came from. Anyone can attend a track meet and take photographs, and if they have an Internet connection, they can share them with the world. Others have been copied from MySpace pages and dyestatcal.com.

Stokke's vault numbers are far from average. Stokke set the national record for her age group her sophomore year, clearing 13-5 3/4 , but she broke her tibia at the CIF preliminaries. She spent her junior year making a comeback from the injury, and this year set a personal record of 13-7. Newport Harbor's best male vaulter clears 13 feet, Tweit said.

Tweit said the Sailors could be competitive next season if they could get a girl who could clear 10 feet, let alone 13.

"We've been spoiled," he said.

Stokke has the power to control how well she pole vaults.

She can even stop people from impersonating her on the Internet — Stokke wrote a stern letter to Facebook operators about the false account opened in her name, and it was shut down the next day.

But she can't control every smutty thing someone says about her on the Internet, and neither can her parents.

The best they can do, Cindy Stokke said, is wait for the 15-minute frenzy that's encompassed Stokke to find a new fixation.

"It has brought some interest for the sport. That's the positive side," Cindy Stokke said. "You have pole vaulting, and there's not a lot of people that do it. It's drumming up interest in the sport for women. That's the silver lining. Maybe there's girls that will say, 'I'd never tried that, and maybe I'd be good at it.' "

Stokke has handled her newfound Google-able identity with maturity, according to Tweit and her parents. She's remained focused on vaulting instead of worrying that a creepy guy will be photographing her as she's backwards in the air.

Stokke will vault in the CIF Southern Section Masters Meet today at Cerritos College.

"Allison seems to have a great grasp and handle of it," Tweit said. "She has her moments where it's going to bother her, like anybody, but for the most part she's been a great young lady."

#52363 - 26 May 07 17:47 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

UPDATE: She easily won the California Southern Section Meet vaulting 13'-10" (which, for comparison's sake would be an Indonesian national record For MEN!). She'll go jump next week at the Calif. State Meet against Northern California #1 Tori Anthony. Anthony will go to UCLA next year and Stokke is going to rival UC-Berkeley. Should be an interesting sporting rivalry over the next few years and they'll both represent the USA in the Olympics someday ... probably the 2012 London Olympics.

#52365 - 26 May 07 17:57 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
she's a lovely girl and I want to protect her

#52366 - 26 May 07 18:18 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Roy's hair
she's a lovely girl and I want to protect her

Yes Roy , I expect you do .

#52367 - 26 May 07 18:20 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Riccardo
C'mon Capt. and you too Dilli... If I'm not mistaken, you guys both have daughters just a couple years younger. I don't think you'd be so cavalier in your attitudes and flippant with the witless, crass jokes that I deleted if it was a daughter of yours...
Here's an article from her hometown paper about people like you fellas...

Touched a nerve eh Riccardo ? Now you know what it can feel like when you spout your shit - I notice you didn't say much when our ursine friend said he would sleep with both my kids for 300,000 - you are all piss and wind - though I do think that you do know ( or are acquainted with) her father - he has probably got you off something in the past (something , not someone) -

You shouldn't have posted it in the first place , particularly knowing that you are dealing with lantai dasar when posting .

#52368 - 26 May 07 18:39 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sarah Suzanne Bench-Salorio, 28, of Orange, was charged with 20 counts of lewd acts on a child under 14 years old. The suspect, who taught for two years at Santiago Charter Middle School, was arrested Tuesday, a day after one of the boys told his parents about the alleged contact with his former teacher, Sgt. Dave Hill said.

Bench-Salorio, who taught reading and English, was booked Wednesday at the Orange County Jail, with bond set at $1 million, a jail clerk said.

"Our investigation indicates that the teacher initiated the sexual contact, and that this contact took place over a period of several months," Hill said. "We're looking at events that spanned several months throughout 2004, and part of that investigation is to determine if it happened sooner than that. We believe the contact took place at various locations and we're investigating whether it was at the parties' homes or the school."

After the one boy came forward, a follow-up investigation "determined there was a second victim," Hill said, but he did not know if both boys knew about each other.

"We are confident in the solidity of our charges," he said.

The district attorney said Bench-Solorio seduced the students over dinner, and through e-mails and phone calls, during a series of months before the alleged sexual contact.

An attorney for Bench-Solorio said she is "embarrassed."

She did not enter a plea Thursday. Another court appearance is scheduled for next week.

Bench-Salorio is married to Christopher Salorio, 30, an electrical foreman who garnered 45 percent of votes but lost a bid for trustee in the Orange Unified School District in the November election, the Los Angeles Times reported. The couple are raising his three siblings -- ages 5, 10 and 14 -- as foster children, according to the newspaper.

Orange Unified School District Superintendent Robert French said Bench-Salorio has been placed on administrative leave, and the district is cooperating in the investigation.

"This is a personnel matter, and on that basis the district can give no additional information. However, the primary concern of the district is always the safety and welfare of its students," French said.

Under provisions of the California Penal Code, police notified the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing of Bench-Salorio's arrest, Hill said.

Investigators are trying to determine if there are other victims, he said. Anyone with information that may be pertinent to the case is asked to call the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.

As you kindly mentioned , Daddy was her lawyer :-

Nonetheless, her attorney, Allan Stokke is planning on wheelbarrowing a buttload of boo-hoos on the judge to get her sentence reduced. He'll say the married mother of three foster children is bipolar and suffers from depression and he will present doctor's reports and "all kinds of information" from "various people to show her absolutely excellent background."

#52369 - 26 May 07 18:40 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

How would Daddy like it if a big hairy arsed bule "wheelbarrowed" his daughter ?
Perhaps he should think twice about the cases he accepts , if he wants to take the moral highground about perv's oggling his daughter .

#52370 - 26 May 07 19:17 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

You shouldn't have posted it in the first place , particularly knowing that you are dealing with lantai dasar when posting .

You'll do fine as long as you stay in Asia, it's never the male rapists' or the perverts' fault, always someone else to blame -- "the girl's knees were showing", "she smiled .." "someone else posted a picture of her taking part in a sports competition."...AND the Asian Male judges agree, "too right, good man... execute the bitch.."

#52371 - 26 May 07 19:25 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ironic , her father makes money getting charlie chesters off , and then moans because pictures of his (of age) daughter gets posted on the 'net - hoisted by his own petard , or in this case - pederast .

#52372 - 26 May 07 19:27 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

You'll do fine as long as you stay in Asia, it's never the male rapists' or the perverts' fault, always someone else to blame -- "the girl's knees were showing", "she smiled .." "someone else posted a picture of her taking part in a sports competition."...AND the Asian Male judges agree, "too right, good man... execute the bitch.."

Steady Eddie , are you implying that I sit on the wrong side of church here ?
I don't condone rape or kiddy fiddling - though it seems that her father is quite at home defending kiddy fiddlers though .

#52382 - 26 May 07 19:47 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Funny how nothing is getting deleted from here!

#52385 - 26 May 07 20:12 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

There is a Javanese proverb :-

Gawe buwana balik

And I think it just has .

#52386 - 26 May 07 22:37 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Thanks Kenny et al, I had a good laugh with this topic...

Poor little Rich can post inflammatory and asinine statements such as:
Quote:
17-year-old athletic (in this case, the Pole Vault) prodigies that work hard, play hard and succeed better than anyone in your countries

but the poor fella can't take it when we don't respond as he likes.

Captain, great find in that this girl's dad has no problem defending perverts, but then gets irate when it's about his own daughter... priceless.

#52404 - 27 May 07 10:26 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: The Great Gonzo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Poor little GG, sitting at his computer in a backwoods village in the Canadian hinterland, is so damn bored with his life that he's getting confused. First of all, I was the one who posted the stuff about the girl's dad and second, since when should I or any other normal guy "like" or keep perverted responses about teenage girls? If you're offended by an obvious wind-up about America being better than your country, does that justify sick perversion? Get a life and quit fixating on mine...

#52413 - 27 May 07 14:21 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: riccardo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: riccardo
sick perversion? Get a life and quit fixating on mine...

I don't think he was fixating on your sick perversion , rather on your desire to wind people up , then pull the plug when things start to heat up a bit .

#52436 - 27 May 07 20:11 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Quoting: Dilli
Still giggling, must be my immaturity!

Well, you make like this then.

http://www.doubleviking.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-a-naked-olympics-5490-p.html

Pole vaulting should definitely be included on the list

#52437 - 27 May 07 21:03 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Once again, another classic find from the only other real pervert on JC.

Bookmarked!

#52440 - 27 May 07 22:02 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Dilli]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Like I said in a posting you deleted Ricc, I wish Kuku had an ignore function on this site.. then I wouldn't even bother to read your arrogant bullshit.
Now I read some of the shit just to see how Captain, Dilli, Piss, et al take the piss out of your idiot postings...

#52441 - 27 May 07 22:08 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: The Great Gonzo]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

More from the backwards Americans... it's really a surprise any nobel prizes came out of that place:

[quote]
New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

By Andrea Hopkins Sat May 26, 11:55 AM ET

PETERSBURG, Ky (Reuters) - Like many modern museums, the newest U.S. tourist attraction includes some awesome exhibits -- roaring dinosaurs and a life-sized ship.

But only at the Creation Museum in Kentucky do the dinosaurs sail on the ship -- Noah's Ark, to be precise.

The Christian creators of the sprawling museum, unveiled on Saturday, hope to draw as many as half a million people each year to their state-of-the-art project, which depicts the Bible's first book, Genesis, as literal truth.

While the $27 million museum near Cincinnati has drawn snickers from media and condemnation from U.S. scientists, those who believe God created the heavens and the Earth in six days about 6,000 years ago say their views are finally being represented.

"What we've done here is to give people an opportunity to hear information that is not readily available ... to challenge them that really you can believe the Bible's history," said Ken Ham, president of the group Answers in Genesis that founded the museum.

Here exhibits show the Grand Canyon took just days to form during Noah's flood, dinosaurs coexisted with humans and had a place on Noah's Ark, and Cain married his sister to people the earth, among other Biblical wonders.

Scientists, secularists and moderate Christians have pledged to protest the museum's public opening on Monday. An airplane trailing a "Thou Shalt Not Lie" banner buzzed overhead during the museum's opening news conference.

Opponents argue that children who see the exhibits will be confused when they learn in school that the universe is 14 billion years old rather than 6,000.

"Teachers don't deserve a student coming into class saying 'Gee Mrs. Brown, I went to this fancy museum and it said you're teaching me a lie,"' Dr. Eugenie Scott, executive director of the National Center for Science Education, told reporters before the museum opened.

A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.[quote]

#52442 - 27 May 07 22:13 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Sadly this is a true story:

[cut and paste]

Brian Benson, an eighth-grade student who won first place in the Life Science/Biology category for his project “Creation Wins!!!,” says he disproved part of the theory of evolution. Using a rolled-up paper towel suspended between two glasses of water with Epsom Salts, the paper towel formed stalactites. He states that the theory that they take millions of years to develop is incorrect.

“Scientists say it takes millions of years to form stalactites,” Benson said. “However, in only a couple of hours, I have formed stalactites just by using paper towel and Epsom Salts.”

#52443 - 27 May 07 22:14 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quote:

Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution

That figures , just take a look at the President . He was fucking hatched .

#52444 - 27 May 07 22:19 Re: Grease my pole, you immature non-Americans [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hmmmm

Attachments
1877-charles-darwin-hearts-satan.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop