Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52271 - 25 May 07 16:25 This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work, which is about an expatriate teacher's wage.

What if a stage become an experiment place? Menerobos all the thought and absolute idea of Hip Hop, Pockemon Crew create a playing stage by using instinct. As a member of residential program in opera de Lyon or when he is on di arena of competition, no one can stop the three times champion of the world competition. More than just a theme, their first creation want to introduce and develop a concept. In this creation, the dancing is telling nothing, yet the dancing reflect a hard competition without any winner, reality is the achievement of limit skill of everyone. Face the rintangan and success through the difficulties are the symbol of freedom. The Pockemon Crew pencarian in koreografi ask the original street art which is packaged in stage performance.

Edited by KuKuKaChu (25 May 07 16:39)
Edit Reason: moved to media forum, reformatted

#52272 - 25 May 07 16:41 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
what are you whinging about? it should only take a top gun copy editor like you 5 minutes to clean that up, surely ...

#52276 - 25 May 07 16:57 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: KuKuKaChu]
kenyeung Moderator Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Didn't I teach you nuffink?

Here's the original Indonesian text - easy to translate, followed by some background info in English if anything seems confusing. Anyway, what kind of "work" have you sunk to, to be dealing with such pap? Od oda, ya benzona gadol?

Bagaimana jika sebuah panggung dijadikan tempat eksperimen ? Menerobos segala pemikiran dan ide baku seputar tari hip hop, Pockemon Crew menciptakan panggung bermain dengan menggunakan naluri. Sebagai peserta program residensi di Opéra de Lyon atau saat berada di atas arena pertandingan yang dahsyat, tidak ada yang dapat menghentikan langkah pemenang lebih dari 3 kali kejuaraan dunia ini!
Lebih dari sekedar tema, kreasi pertama mereka ingin mengenalkan dan mengembangkan sebuah konsep. Dalam karya ini, tarian tidak menceritakan apapun, namun tarian menjadi cermin sebuah pertarungan keras tanpa pemenang, realitas merupakan pencapaian batas kemampuan masing-masing... Menghadapi segala rintangan dan berhasil melewatinya adalah simbol kebebasan. Pencarian Pockemon Crew dalam koreografi menuntut orisinalitas street art yang dikemas dalam bentuk pertunjukan di atas panggung.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Pockemon Crew is a very famous group of break-dancers in the Hip-Hop universe. The history of the group began in 1996, when a few young break-dancers sharing the same passion for Hip-Hop met in front of the National Opera in Lyon.

The nine dancers formed the crew on the spot and took part in their first ‘battle’ in Grenoble. Subsequently, the crew excelled, and won a lot of ‘battles’. Thanks to their energy, their reputation and their solidarity, the small group became a global and renowned crew, and is now composed of twenty dancers, performing in the National Opera in Lyon.
Within the crew, a connection exists between the first generation and the new break-dancers, as well as between the experts in “popping” and “smurf” and the novices.

Among the dancers is Ryad Fghani, the eldest of the group, who later became the artistic director and choreographer, and other pioneers such as Hassan El Hajjami, Yann Abidi, Ali Ramdani Lilou, Brahim Zaibat, Georges Fagbohoun, Douniel Fghani, Rodolphe Gasnier and Moncef Zebiri.

At the beginning, the Pockemon Crew was created just to compete. But now, they show a lot of creativity. Despite their success, the Pockemon Crew claim that their Hip-Hop is still pure and authentic, and that they will never leave the street, because that’s where it all began.

==================================

#52280 - 25 May 07 17:36 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Kenny, you continue to amaze.

Hey, we got paid mate. Oh, I forgot. You have left the building and the cash will be sitting idly in your bank account with nobody left in country to access it. You could mail me your ATM card ....

#52281 - 25 May 07 17:50 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Ah, so Kenny is......?

#52283 - 25 May 07 18:00 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You actually met him and knew who he was but he didn't know who you were, even though he knows of you.

#52286 - 25 May 07 19:07 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Piss Salon
You actually met him and knew who he was but he didn't know who you were, even though he knows of you.

so you mean to say, dilli is kinda sorta famous??

#52295 - 25 May 07 20:30 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Kind of, though not in a way that would impress his mother. Well, maybe it would. She is Scottish too after all.

#52297 - 25 May 07 20:39 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Hey , I think I may "know" Kenny now that you mention it .

#52298 - 25 May 07 20:42 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Hey , I think I may "know" Kenny now that you mention it .

not, i hope, in the biblical sense ...

#52304 - 26 May 07 01:26 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
THIS IS KENNY..... (drum roll please)

#52306 - 26 May 07 07:16 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I know who Keny is, suspected as much for a while!

Riccardo, I'm impressed...you'll be using emoticons next!

#52308 - 26 May 07 07:22 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Dilli
I know who Keny is, suspected as much for a while!

Riccardo, I'm impressed...you'll be using emoticons next!

my thoughts exactly! he is gradually descending to our level; the lowest common denominator ... wink

#52317 - 26 May 07 07:50 Re: This person gets paid Rp2.5 million for about a week's work [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I think perhaps the Bintang had kicked in!

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop