Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52225 - 25 May 07 07:31 accomodation in jaksa
inangsari Offline

Loc: Malaysia
Hi all... gud morning
I'm a newcomer in this forum. I'm from Malaysia. I'll be visiting Jakarta on July and looking for somewhere cheap to stay. I've read about jalan jaksa, but when i ask my indonesian fren he dun encourage me to stay there. But he didn't say much why i shouldn't stay there. As for me, i do not need the all the posh place to stay cos i prefer not to spend so much on accomodation.
So, i would like your opinion and advise on this. Your comments and replies very much appreciated.

P/S :Dear Moderator,
Forgive me if this post is inappropriate on this topic, kindly move or delete if necessay.

Thanks.

#52227 - 25 May 07 07:45 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
jaksa is possibly the safest part of Jakarta. don't take any notice of what the Outsiders say about it! there's relatively cheap accommodation here, as well as places with edible food.

#52228 - 25 May 07 07:52 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
inangsari Offline

KuKuKaChu,

Thank you for your response.
I've read about Wisma Delima and Margot. Do you have any other than this that you can recommend. Cos when i try to surf on net, i can't find anything in jalan jaksa.
Btw, hope anyone can give me info bout the location and how to go there from the airport.
I can't wait to be in Jakarta actually..

#52230 - 25 May 07 07:54 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
Pooh Bah

for reviews on hotels, see jalanjaksa.com (bit dated, and yes, the site needs some work ...)

i would recommend margot.

#52232 - 25 May 07 08:05 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
for reviews on hotels, see jalanjaksa.com (bit dated, and yes, the site needs some work ...)

i would recommend margot.

Kuka, do you have 100% equity in Margot? wink

#52236 - 25 May 07 08:09 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
inangsari Offline

I've try jalanjaksa.com before but can't get much.
Currently i'm intereseted with margot. I'll be in jakarta for 3 days before heading to Bandung. Maybe on my first day there i'll staying in Ibis jus to please my fren. But i'll be looking for a place in jaksa for the nite after that.
Jaksa near to bus/ train station rite?

#52243 - 25 May 07 10:12 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
From jaksa to the railways of bandung .. what a trip you have planned my friend

#52244 - 25 May 07 10:31 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: chewwyUK]
inangsari Offline

Quoting: chewwyUK
From jaksa to the railways of bandung .. what a trip you have planned my friend

hi chewwy..
what r u trying to say?? care to elaborate?? i'm totally clueless.
btw i read all your review on the restaurant in jakarta. Can't wait to try it. That's why i rather spend my money on foods and sightseeing than accomodation.

#52245 - 25 May 07 11:07 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: inangsari
I've try jalanjaksa.com before but can't get much.
Currently i'm intereseted with margot. I'll be in jakarta for 3 days before heading to Bandung. Maybe on my first day there i'll staying in Ibis jus to please my fren. But i'll be looking for a place in jaksa for the nite after that.
Jaksa near to bus/ train station rite?

jaksa is very near to the main Gambir station. I used to frequently walk there from jaksa, in those carefree days when i could trip off to jogja for a few days without anyone noticing ...

#52246 - 25 May 07 11:26 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
inangsari Offline

Excellent!!! Then i not need to worry much.
KuKuKaChu.. u must have interesting life. I read bout fellow malaysian who doing backpacking to Jogja and again it's a nice experience. This is an opening for my trip to Indo. I love to travel to much more places in Indonesia. So i choose Jakarta and Bandung first. Bali and others will follow later.

#52336 - 26 May 07 11:34 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
KuKuKaChu.. u must have interesting life.

Hands down, the funniest thing I've ever read on this site.

As for cheap digs, my old residence on Jaksa is now vacant and still rent free.

#52430 - 27 May 07 18:53 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I would be very careful about staying in the Margot Inangsari. Jalan Jaksa is a hell hole frequented by pimps, drug addicts, thieves and drunken expatriates who would sell their mothers for their next beer (though in truth, their mothers are not worth Rp18,000).

There is a terrible scam at the moment in the Margot, where the management of the hotel spike your water/food with drugs and cut out your kidneys for sale to rich Saudi Arabians.

And sorry to generalize, but I take it you are a Malay Muslim and probably are not used to anything sexual in nature? Jalan Jaksa, therefore, will probably be too much for you to handle given the 'openess' of the local women and you run the very real risk of having your dick sucked. Perhaps even by a woman if you are extra lucky.

So, in short, if you are wishing to end up in a bath of ice cubes minus a kidney or two, or simply end of with an enlarged anus after getting the sex of your prostitute completely wrong, I would suggest looking around North Jakarta (Kota). There is a lovely hotel called The Stadium, which has very discreet rooms on the fifth floor for Rp100,000 an hour.

#52459 - 28 May 07 08:44 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Piss even has one of those rooms named after him he is such a regular patron. Of course if you fancy a bit of Russian action you can always duck next door to 1001 who have a wide selection

#52461 - 28 May 07 09:31 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: Piss Salon]
inangsari Offline

Now i got the different response...
Piss.. what u've told me maybe is the things that my frens want to tell me but in polite way. But is it 100% true.
Yes, i'm malay muslim.. and everything u jus warned me make me rethink about staying in jaksa.
The stadium hotel that u mention they charge it by hour is it? Do u by any chance know their rate for a nite?
Btw, thank you.

#52463 - 28 May 07 09:36 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: kenyeung]
inangsari Offline

Quoting: kenyeung
KuKuKaChu.. u must have interesting life.

Hands down, the funniest thing I've ever read on this site.

As for cheap digs, my old residence on Jaksa is now vacant and still rent free.

Kenyeung,

How bout u tell me how much u will charge me if i want to rent it for 3 days. How bout the condition? Is it safe there? (referring to Piss Salon's post earlier?

Do let me know if u're serious bout this.

#52467 - 28 May 07 10:34 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

A much better, cleaner and similarly priced alternative to Margot is called Hotel Tator, near Pappa Cafe about in the middle of Jaksa. It's run by a nice family of S. Sulawesi folk with a quiet little outdoor cafe.

#52468 - 28 May 07 10:57 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: riccardo]
inangsari Offline

Thanks Riccardo for the alternative. Will check on it.

#52474 - 28 May 07 11:25 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
Pooh Bah

Thanks Riccardo for the alternative. Will check on it.

inang, don't take no notice of anything piss salon says. he's pulling your leg.

#52477 - 28 May 07 11:40 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: KuKuKaChu]
inangsari Offline

Ku,
Frankly, when i read your post i'm 80% sure that i'll be staying at Jaksa. But Piss really make me having second thought... I'm not sure which one is true. Any one of you come to Kuala Lumpur before? Is Jaksa something like Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman or Petaling Street?

I do hope kenyeung let me rent his house to me with reasonable price and reasonable condition.

#52494 - 28 May 07 14:32 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ingasari, dear friend, please be very careful. Do you know anything about Greek mythology? The Sirens? They were supernatural beings who lured ancient seafarers to their dooms on rocks with their enchanting singing. Though this website isn't wired for sound, Kuku, who is a ladyboys, is attempting to lure you to doom on his 'rocks' with his enchanting writing. That is all I will say on the matter, other than bring condoms, anal lubrication gel (margarine will do it)and a small sewing kit to sew up the wounds after your kidneys are removed.

#52497 - 28 May 07 14:44 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: Piss Salon

So, in short, if you are wishing to end up in a bath of ice cubes minus a kidney or two, or simply end of with an enlarged anus

Good Lord , is that how they remove them ? through your anus ? sounds very complicated to me .

#52536 - 28 May 07 20:07 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: inangsari]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
I do hope kenyeung let me rent his house to me with reasonable price and reasonable condition.

I said "residence" - not house. My old is residence is Papa Cafe - Table 5. Slept there for many years.... Anything to get away from the wife. Completely free and safe.

Otherwise, hit the Maggot, not the Karya. Alternatively, spend about Rp250,000 or Rp350,000 for the nearby Hotel Cemara on Jl Wahid Hasyim. Much nicer than the dilapidated decrepit hovel hotels on Jaksa.

OR, just pop by Romans Cafe on Jaksa and ask for Mark T. Rex - he'll be happy to give you a place to stay for a few days.

Thanks.

#52540 - 28 May 07 20:19 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Not Mark T. Rex. He's one of the kidney mafia.

#52550 - 28 May 07 20:59 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Try Metal Guru, cheaper

#53783 - 13 Jun 07 09:57 Re: accomodation in jaksa [Re: Dilli]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
LOL...Piss you are sooo.. baaaad!

btw, i think inangsari is a girl! i'm not sure but in indo inangsari is a girl's name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop