Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52218 - 24 May 07 21:37 Indonesian courses
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
An idiot friend of mine who has been in Indonesia for five years but incredibly cannot speak Indonesian, despite his fiance not being able to speak English, desperately needs an affordable Indonesian-language course that offers morning classes.

I have sent off an email, on his behalf of course, to the IALF but from a quick browse of the website the whole thing strikes me as catering to corporate clients where money is not an object. In short, it looks expensive.

Any suggestions? This friend is getting married in November and really needs to ask his gf some serious questions about her intentions/expectations before M-Day.

#52220 - 24 May 07 22:24 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Piss Salon]
xsbir Offline
Member+

Loc: The Big Durian
ILP, Panglima Polim, offers courses for any level at a reasonable price. You do a placement test which used to cost Rp50,000, and a course works out to about Rp50,000/hour, or did when I took one a couple of years ago. The price is the same whether it's one-on-one or several students. For an extra bit the teacher goes to you. Phone 7220449 and ask for Ibu Dewi.

#52221 - 24 May 07 22:37 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Not in that time Piss - you could always get the beautiful Ela to give him a course , but I'm not sure it would help - he could end up talking like The Late , Great , Stanley Unwin and I can see big problems if he ends up speaking Indonesian like that .

How has he managed 5 years without learning or wanting to learn ? I know in Jakarta that English is widespread in all the bules favourite haunts , so I suppose I can understand .

My new mate Klaus reckons he has been in Jakarta for 10 years , and he is also hopeless , so perhaps it is just exposure .

Can I recommend "Spoken Indonesian" by Edmund Anderson which should give him a basis , and of course he could always approach the great KuKu .

#52229 - 25 May 07 07:52 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Can I recommend "Spoken Indonesian" by Edmund Anderson which should give him a basis , and of course he could always approach the great KuKu .

he could indeed approach me. as long as he has great wads of cash in hand.

there ain't no short-cuts for learning a language. you've just got to throw yourself into it and do the time and hard work. made more difficult in places like jakarta and bali where english-speakers are more in evidence.

#52241 - 25 May 07 09:37 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
shame shame shame, this guy has had a long haired dictionary for 5 years and still dosnt know any indo, what a strange relationship. I would have questions to ask aswell.

i can recommend "teach yourself indonesian" from the "teach yourself" series. it has a good mix of conversational indo and grammatical rules. I also use " rossetta stone " cd rom...although i find it teaches higly correct indonesian but still handy for vocabulary base...but like kuku says, you have to immerse yourself.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kammus berambut yang panjang

how i would like to be fully immersed right now

#52242 - 25 May 07 09:52 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Yes]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Immersed in what Julian.....

#52270 - 25 May 07 16:14 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Yes]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: xolunt
shame shame shame, this guy has had a long haired dictionary for 5 years and still dosnt know any indo, what a strange relationship. I would have questions to ask aswell.

Fuck mate, what's wrong with that? Pointing to the kitchen and gesturing with hand to mouth, and pointing to the bedroom with erection in hand can be understood universally. Nice earrings btw.

George (man I call you that now that the war's over?) who is Stanley Unwin, other than a drunk old man.

#52273 - 25 May 07 16:42 Re: Indonesian horses [Re: Piss Salon]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Quoting: Piss Salon
An idiot friend of mine who has been in Indonesia for five years but incredibly cannot speak Indonesian, despite his fiance not being able to speak English, desperately needs an affordable Indonesian-language course that offers morning classes.
Any suggestions? This friend is getting married in November and really needs to ask his gf some serious questions about her intentions/expectations before M-Day.

It would be my pleasure to teach your stupid "friend" the rudiments and the more advanced bits of Indonesian. All your impoverished "friend" need do is spring for my flight back to Jakarta and cover my morning booze tab till his wedding day (my boozing session starts about midnight and finishes about 6am or 9am-ish, unless on a bender - so morning not a problem). Alternatively, send over his girlfriend and I'll ascertain whether she is insincere or a great little performer. Obviously she's not with this "friend" for his money or a threesome.
Thanks.
PS - And how was Big Joe's wedding to the bird with the knockers? Were you invited?

#52282 - 25 May 07 17:53 Re: Indonesian horses [Re: kenyeung]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Her breasts are certainly large. Don't really know him well enough to be invited and probably wouldn't have gone anyway.

This girl could definitely be with my friend for his money as he has come into some recently (yesterday) after his grandmother passed away. And the gf could not be convinced of the benefits of a threesome last night, despite being in bed with my friend, a waitress from Eastern Promise and another from De Hooi. My friend was disappointed.

#52290 - 25 May 07 20:05 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: xolunt

Fuck mate, what's wrong with that? Pointing to the kitchen and gesturing with hand to mouth, and pointing to the bedroom with erection in hand can be understood universally. Nice earrings btw.

George (man I call you that now that the war's over?) who is Stanley Unwin, other than a drunk old man.

Sounds like he is about to suffer open wallet surgery . Feel free to call me George , though Mrs. Mainwaring prefers a more formal manner of address , rather than just Elizabeth .

I do have to take issue with you - Stanley Unwin was a great deal more than just a drunken old man , and you will here Unwinese spoken across Jakarta by bules and WNI alike .

#52311 - 26 May 07 07:27 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ahh, the threads of combat have unravelled, peace has reared it's ugly head on the forum and Meester Pees has yet to admit that he is in fact the mysterious friend who needs tuition.

All I need to know is who was the waitress from De Hooi?

Bet it was Yanni with the fat arse.......

#52420 - 27 May 07 16:28 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Want to know aja ....

#52511 - 28 May 07 15:59 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Piss Salon]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
apart from the language thing, have you told him he's a dickhead and that he needs to call the whole thing off?

#52642 - 30 May 07 00:06 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: naga]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Um, best not to go down this path Naga, otherwise there's a chance he could play the bagpipes.

Edited by kenyeung (30 May 07 01:16)
Edit Reason: I was young, I needed the money.

#52648 - 30 May 07 05:00 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: kenyeung]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: kenyeung
Um, best not to go down this path Naga, otherwise there's a chance he could play the bagpipes.

There will be over 100 such beasts at Lippo Karawaci on Sunday from 10 AM onwards.

Get your drinking heads on and join us in praise!

#52649 - 30 May 07 05:14 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Want to know aja ....

I visited De Hooi briefly last night and one of the girls gave me a copy of the picture that was taken off you during the threesome!

Handsome Bastard aren't you!

Attachments
1883-PeesSalon.jpg

#52669 - 30 May 07 10:56 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Dilli]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Bra and panties aren't matching? that's a no-no! unless they belong to different people? (pointless post-just trying to accumulate posts wink)

Edited by doremi (30 May 07 10:58)

#52675 - 30 May 07 11:17 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: doremi]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Of course they dont match, he was at a threesome...

#52699 - 30 May 07 16:18 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

If the bra is a pair of beer goggles, what are the panties?

#52758 - 31 May 07 08:09 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I thought you used them while riding your motor, very effective at keeping the pollutants down....

#52763 - 31 May 07 09:06 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: Dilli
Want to know aja ....

I visited De Hooi briefly last night and one of the girls gave me a copy of the picture that was taken off you during the threesome!

Nice lips smile

#52822 - 31 May 07 18:32 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Shesca]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Shesca
Quoting: Dilli
Want to know aja ....

Nice lips smile

Whispering Panties - I can see your lips moving but I can't hear you speak .

#54362 - 22 Jun 07 10:50 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
teachr Offline

Loc: Jakarta
BIPA in Bali info@bipaunud.org
BIPA in Jkt bipa@cbn.net.id
both offer regular or intensive classes . i think it was $1250 for 4 months a couple hours a day and they will sponsor your visa. there are 3 levels. application process involves making sure you are not completely retarded, unless you have the $1250, in which case you are in.

#54364 - 22 Jun 07 10:59 Re: Indonesian courses [Re: teachr]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: teachr
BIPA in Bali info@bipaunud.org
BIPA in Jkt bipa@cbn.net.id
both offer regular or intensive classes . i think it was $1250 for 4 months a couple hours a day and they will sponsor your visa. there are 3 levels. application process involves making sure you are not completely retarded, unless you have the $1250, in which case you are in.

It will take my friend a couple of years standing kerbside in Tman Lawang to 'come' up with that sort of cash.

Moderator:  NetCop