Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51834 - 20 May 07 08:42 ANT/Aa Gym participates in World Economic Forum
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Aa Gym participates in World Economic Forum

Bandung (Antara News) - Abdullah Gymnastiar, an Indonesian cleric, participated in the World Economic Forum 2007, being held in Jordan, from May 18 to 20, 2007.

Gymnastiar, popularly known as Aa Gym, told ANTARA that he was invited by Sushan P Rhao, Associate Director of the Asia Pacific Global Leadership Fellow as a special guest in the international forum.

"Sushan told me that I was chosen to represent Indonesia in the forum because I have been successfully running my businesses by upholding morality values," Aa Gym said via phone from Jordan.

Aa Gym would present his paper on "Community Cooperatives based on Morality Values in the Forum.

He said that he prepared the paper based on his experiences in managing his Daruut Tauhid Cooperatives Unit.

"I hope that my experiences which I have written in the paper, would be useful for others, too," he said.

The World Economic Forum was officially opened by Jordanian King Abdullah and participated in by around 40 delegations from Middle Eastern countries.

Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs Boediono was also expected to attend the meeting.

Arab League Secretary General Amr Mussa was also present in the World Economic Forum held in Dead Sea, Jordan. (*)

#51835 - 20 May 07 08:43 Re: ANT/Aa Gym participates in World Economic Forum [Re: KuKuKaChu]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i'd been wondering where he'd gone off to. my fellow polygamist now performs on the world stage ...

#51849 - 20 May 07 11:14 Re: ANT/Aa Gym participates in World Economic Forum [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
"Community Cooperatives based on Morality Values in the Forum.

your families are communities I suppose. Do you run it like a commune? Do you and wives each take it in terms to be an executive officer for the week?

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop