Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51813 - 19 May 07 17:17 Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
During my trip to Bali I visited this place, which according to my companion has the best coffee around with the best price. I was pretty curious, as an "amateur" but avid coffee drinker.

Located in Poppies Lane II, this place was easily spotted, accross the first hotel from the main street (I honestly cannot remember the name). Poppies lane itself was filled with stores which target the surfers. So the cafe was actually a bit out of place and looked expensive. I looked at the menu which was displayed in front of the store and finally believed what my 'friend' said. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, with breakfast that ranges from 20.000 Rp including coffee. Absolutely cheap.
I arrived there at around 7 PM, but the steamy beach air was still there, so I decided to order a glass of Moccha frapuccino. The cost, half of Starbuck's, Rp. 15.000. Taste? Twice as good as the American cafe's. I could absolutely taste the bold good quality coffee blended perfectly with milk, ice, chocolate and whipped cream.

We came back on my last nite to give the dinner menu a shot.For the dinner I decided to give the Chicken Cordon Blue a try, along with egg drop soup. My friend ordered ox tail soup with rice. I ordered strawberry milk shake for the drink and he ordered iced lemon tea. We saw a bule guest who ordered Spaghetti Carbonara and we thought we'd check it out also.My chicken was all right, good portion, though. The egg drop soup was great, nicely spiced, and so was the thick and creamy and tasty strawberry shakes. My friend ordered a shot of espresso in the end. Total check? Rp. 98.000. Our tummy were nicely filled and we were ready for our walk on the beach to end our date that nite smile

#51827 - 20 May 07 07:11 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Dont drink the coffee, we know how it's made!

Attachments
1812-meowblend.jpg

#51829 - 20 May 07 07:44 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Shesca]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Shesca
Located in Poppies Lane II, this place was easily spotted, accross the first hotel from the main street (I honestly cannot remember the name).

we really need to put a name on this place! i'm always frustrated in bali at the lack of a decent cafe. the starbucks in bali aren't that well managed, and the food and drink quality not up to scratch.

what would be perfect would be a cafe with good coffee, great cakes, free wifi, and good AC, all at 'local' prices! so far, none exists in the pulau permata ...

perhaps an investment opportunity here! wink

#51850 - 20 May 07 11:22 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Yeah Ku, start one!
I can supply your cafe with Tiramisu, Black Forest, German Chocolate cake, Strawberry Tart.

#51855 - 20 May 07 12:54 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: doremi]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: doremi
Yeah Ku, start one!
I can supply your cafe with Tiramisu, Black Forest, German Chocolate cake, Strawberry Tart.

cool! all we need now is a tsunami-free location in kuta ...

#51911 - 21 May 07 08:37 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

im surprised she had room to eat after all that sausage

#51912 - 21 May 07 08:42 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I considered that but thought it prudent not to mention it. Last night, walk on the beach to finish a date - hmmmm

#51931 - 21 May 07 12:31 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Somehow sausage consumption increase my appetite, and not the other way around smile

#51933 - 21 May 07 12:34 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

So you spent the whole week eating?

#52266 - 25 May 07 13:52 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

that should be the end of conversation, Dilli smile

#52323 - 26 May 07 08:07 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Shesca]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

C'mon Shes, spill the beans, we want the in depth story! (8-1/2 inches worth anyway)

#52410 - 27 May 07 13:20 Re: Restaurant Review-Amino Cafe, Legian, Bali [Re: Dilli]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Nice try, Pal. But Im no longer 15 smile

Moderator:  NetCop