Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51760 - 18 May 07 19:36 Jakarta Post outdoes self
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Jakarta Post at its finest:

Wild bullet wound four in Medan's airport

JAKARTA (JP): Four people Friday posed minor wounds when fractures of a wild bullet hit parts of their bodies at Polonia airport in North Sumatra provincial capital of Medan after a police officer fired a pistol to the floor.

Fuck me.

Further, whoever is running the Sunday Post needs to be shot; that rag remains a sorry piece of shit, an exercise in mediocrity, amateurism and, at worst, corruption. Checkbook journalism anyone or are they simply sellouts or do we give them the benefit of the doubt and label them incompetent?

The only thing in the damn thing that is readable is Roy's Hair's regular column but even that was blighted by a piece of inept juxtaposing of articles. Mr Hair's fine piece on the Indonesian advertising industry was overshadowed by an enormous 'article' (I use the word in the loosest possible sense) on burger king above.

Now, this purported article was simply an advertisement itself that bore absolutely no resemblance to anything related to journalism. I don't have a copy of the thing as I am boycotting ever buying it until they start featuring investigative news, but it was full of the usual cliches and bollox no doubt supplied by BK PR Central. The sorry editor did not even have the courage to insert the word 'advertorial' above.

The headline for the 'article' says it all: 'Burger King: 'Flame Grilled Tastes Better''.
Shame on everyone involved.

Who is the editor there now anybody?

#51761 - 18 May 07 19:59 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
whoever is running the Sunday Post needs to be shot; that rag remains a sorry piece of shit, an exercise in mediocrity, amateurism and, at worst, corruption. Checkbook journalism anyone or are they simply sellouts or do we give them the benefit of the doubt and label them incompetent?

this is news?! seemed patently obvious to me. obvious also that the desk editors are leading the charge.

#51762 - 18 May 07 20:05 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Who was that twat who posted some crap about language a couple of Sundays ago ? he needs to be peeled and dipped in lemon juice .

He crapped on about "buku itu berwarna merah" , then made a complete nause of explaining it .

#51768 - 18 May 07 21:07 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I have heard that one of those editors can be bought off. For a large slice of cake. Perhaps local sausage even. ;-)

#51785 - 19 May 07 12:59 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Who was that twat who posted some crap about language a couple of Sundays ago ? he needs to be peeled and dipped in lemon juice .

He crapped on about "buku itu berwarna merah" , then made a complete nause of explaining it .

Yeah that was Uncle Terry "Jakartass" Collins, The seven foot tall Brains from Thunderbirds lookalike. And then there's Dave Jardine still truckin' along. Go easy on him - he needs the money (almost at that live under a bridge phase).

#51786 - 19 May 07 13:01 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

lovely lads one and all

#51791 - 19 May 07 13:43 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Perhaps we could get his take on the great "Kami/Kita" debate, he couldn't make much more of a balls of it than Uncle Klaus or the Australian with the plaster on his neck to stop his head falling off.

I know that these guys are pretty harmless, but can't they get proper jobs bashing things or mending things? rather than a proof reading service?

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (19 May 07 16:33)
Edit Reason: correction of very poor punctuation placement.

#51800 - 19 May 07 15:43 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

There are no spaces before punctuation marks. Idiot !

#51803 - 19 May 07 15:49 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
I know that these guys are pretty harmless , but can't they get proper jobs bashing things or mending things ? rather than a proof reading service ?

re the above pair I mentioned. No they can't

#51805 - 19 May 07 16:04 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

There are no spaces before punctuation marks. Idiot !

he could be using one of those auto-word completing PDAs that always insert a space after the word.

#51810 - 19 May 07 16:47 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

An auto-word completing PDA. Good grief. What about an auto-punctuation completing PDA?

Anyway, it is only a matter of time before expatriate spellcheckers become redundant, given the advances in technology, including translation software. Might have to get a real job. Kuku canít keep servicing four wives forever ....

#51811 - 19 May 07 16:51 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

Kuku canít keep servicing four wives forever ....

that won't be a problem. but i may have to let go a few of the mistresses.

#51816 - 19 May 07 18:42 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

That's unislaimic.

#51818 - 19 May 07 20:11 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

That's unislaimic.

it depends upon which hadith you wish to subscribe to ... i love hadith smile

#51950 - 21 May 07 19:16 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

The hadith of the True Islamic sect currently operating out of Banten. The group that you requires you to bath naked in virgin coconut oil with other sect members? Nice one.

From The Post. Again. Or was it simply a Freudian slip on behalf of the 'victim':

Secretary to Cibalong district head Opin Herdiatna said that the total losses suffered by the residents reached at least Rp 966,000 million (US$109,772).

"We are now still inventing other damages," Opin was quoted by Antara News agency as saying.

Hmmmmm

#51951 - 21 May 07 19:55 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Piss Salon]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

The hadith of the True Islamic sect currently operating out of Banten. The group that you requires you to bath naked in virgin coconut oil with other sect members? Nice one.

From The Post. Again. Or was it simply a Freudian slip on behalf of the 'victim':

Secretary to Cibalong district head Opin Herdiatna said that the total losses suffered by the residents reached at least Rp 966,000 million (US$109,772).

"We are now still inventing other damages," Opin was quoted by Antara News agency as saying.

Hmmmmm

Virgin coconut oil , that's my mate Klaus from EP - he has gallons of the stuff - I had put him down as being Jewish , but I suppose he could have been muslim .

#51956 - 21 May 07 20:39 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
How do deflower a coconut to make its Oil un-virgin?

#51964 - 21 May 07 20:57 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Dilli]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

I expect Klaus knows.

#51968 - 21 May 07 21:56 Re: Jakarta Post outdoes self [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

After the 'bath' they have to pray naked to each of the four points of the compass, which represents the 40 days left to the end of the world.

Mind you they didn't mention which direction you had to pray if you joined with say 32 days to go before the end of the world ....

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop