Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50470 - 30 Apr 07 09:59 Quality Printers
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I have been using a printing service in JKT to get business cards and letter headed paper. They lady who is our account manager is always ultra friendly and helpful, however their product is terrible. I have placed 5 orders with this company and every single time we have had to send everything back to be re-printed. They have never delivered on time and refuse to take small orders.

After another cock-up I sent this e-mail ...

Unfortunately I will not continue to order my business cards through your company. The reasons for this decision include:

1. You have never filled an order on time
2. We have always needed to reprint the cards as you don't seem to be able to get it right first time
3. You inflexibility on taking small orders
4. Your price (you are more expensive than Snappy)
5. Quality of the finished Printing

This woman is so nice she is now saying she will return 100% of our deposit, re-print everything and not charge us for the order. In all honesty I wish I could say yes but i have been let down so many times before.

I have two questions ..... The first is how can somebody be so nice? The second is how can they stay in business if they have to re-print every bloody order?

#50472 - 30 Apr 07 11:01 Re: Quality Printers [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i've never found a decent printer in indonesia. sure, there are dozens of cheap and nasty outfits that do business cards, but they *always* seem to get it wrong, no matter how many times you explain to them. maybe the problem is that they are "too" cheap; no-one can take the time to care about quality because the local market is overly price focussed.

my suggestion? try them again. you probably won't find better in any case.

#50475 - 30 Apr 07 11:50 Re: Quality Printers [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I have tried them 5 times kuku .. I just cant go through it again. I am going to give snappy a go in the hope that modern print machines can get things done properly.

#50510 - 30 Apr 07 19:19 Re: Quality Printers [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
I have got a good one - search out Asia Offset in Solo , he spent many years printing tax stamps for various items - and you couldn't tell the difference . They also print KIKI books , though I wouldn't take the quality as important .
Don't trust the little turd with anything mind .

#50512 - 30 Apr 07 19:25 Re: Quality Printers [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: KuKuKaChu
i've never found a decent printer in indonesia. sure, there are dozens of cheap and nasty outfits that do business cards, but they *always* seem to get it wrong, no matter how many times you explain to them. maybe the problem is that they are "too" cheap; no-one can take the time to care about quality because the local market is overly price focussed.

my suggestion? try them again. you probably won't find better in any case.

Mr Soemartono never did print a tax stamp wrong .
Dodgy old bastard .

Edited by Capt. Mainwaring (30 Apr 07 19:26)

#50517 - 30 Apr 07 20:04 Re: Quality Printers [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Let me check who did my posters for a Concert I've got coming up!

They are f@*king first class!

Moderator:  NetCop