Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50459 - 29 Apr 07 18:50 Warung Pasta-Kemang Raya
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
I happened to be in Kemang a couple of days ago with a couple of coworkers after visiting a project in the area. Wasnt sure where to go for lunch, we decided to pick a place that looks pretty cozy from outside, with an interesting name which doesnt sound intimidating for our wallet, Warung Pasta.

The restaurant was, as it seemed from outside, pretty cozy in the inside. It was smaller than we thought but it had pretty good atmosphere as we entered it. It was around 12 PM and there were 3 other tables with people there. The place was filled up with people by the time we left it at around 1:30 PM, though.

As we expected the menu consisted of typical Italian food. They had varieties of pastas, pizzas, calzones and other fusion italian food. The menu was simple, but straightforward and price was surprisingly cheap.

For appetizer we ordered cheese balls, which was basically meat and rice with italian seasoning and cheese being rolled into balls with tomato sauce poured on it. Very yummy. We also had caesar salad, also pretty good, and cream of mushroom soup which tasted ok. For the main course we ordered a pasta dish with very spicy sauce (tasted a little bit thai), Im still trying to remember the name they called it but it sounded pretty Italian smile
It was excellent. We also had a chicken pizza, which tasted really good also. For the drink we opted the usual iced lemon tea. With extra 2000 rups you could ask for botomless refill which we decided to do. My coworker was so impressed with the salad that he decided to have a second round of it.
Our tummy was too full when the server asked if we would like to have our dessert.
Final check? For 3 people with full tummy ( we all were very hungry and always eat a lot btw), we were shocked to see that we only had to pay Rp. 145.000.

I really recommend this place for those who would like to have Italian lunch with limited budget. I wouldnt say the taste of the food was original, but it was good enough for the price we are paying. Oh, not to forget the excellent and quick service which is very important when you are doing lunch.

#50460 - 29 Apr 07 19:00 Re: Warung Pasta-Kemang Raya [Re: Shesca]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
well don't keep it a secret ... where exactly is this place??

#50461 - 29 Apr 07 19:16 Re: Warung Pasta-Kemang Raya [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
I honestly am not too familiar with Kemang area. But I did a quick search on yahoo (yup, yahoo, not Google) and I found this
http://erikar.multiply.com/tag/the%20warung%20pasta. According to the lady called erika it's located between Adidas and some gas station. From what I remembered it wasnt too far for the Banking Institute.

Moderator:  NetCop