Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50258 - 25 Apr 07 20:50 Answers please ....
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Watching the news today about the American army making propaganda stories to cover up the fact they are now shooting each other, I started to think about how all this war stuff came to be. I don’t know about you but from what I can remember America lead an invasion of Afghanistan because a terrorist cell drove some planes in the Pentagon and world trade centre. At the time I didn’t understand why we invaded a nation because of something a few terrorists did … in truth I am still not sure how the world bought that one.

We then threw all of our resources in to finding the “master mind” Osama Bin Laden. It would seem that the whole world has now forgotten about Osama, even though we were told he is the man responsible for all of this. I have no idea why I don’t hear more about the search for this guy … probably because just after the Bush government chartered a private jet to take is family out of America they decided to cut a deal to see he was never found. Who knows maybe Osama is the new Lord Lucan

Okay so when we couldn’t find Osama … the next step was to invade a second country – IRAQ because they had weapons of mass destruction. Of course like Osama we couldn’t find any them either. But hey they had an Evil guy in charge and “liberating” these people was a good thing because he killed many innocent people.

Oh but wait …..Over 62,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed since the start of the war. Add to that the 3335 American soldiers dead, the 270 coalition troops dead and the injured soldiers (somewhere between 23,000 and 100,000), you have to start to wonder what the hell is going on.

Anybody care to tell me how much longer the people will put up with this rubbish?

#50266 - 26 Apr 07 04:57 Re: Answers please .... [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
There was me thinking you'd be relaxing on the couch, getting a massage and taking in a movie, but no, you're thinking again!

I have only two words for you-THERAPY

#50269 - 26 Apr 07 06:35 Re: Answers please .... [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I blame the medication Dilli .....

Therapy is not an option as I am a truly well balanced centred person

#50272 - 26 Apr 07 07:05 Re: Answers please .... [Re: chewwyUK]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I stand corrected!

I knew this of course - you have a chip on both shoulders!

#51421 - 13 May 07 21:15 Re: Answers please .... [Re: chewwyUK]
yourfather Offline
Member+

Loc: melbourne australia
Quoting: chewwyUK
Watching the news today about the American army making propaganda stories to cover up the fact they are now shooting each other, I started to think about how all this war stuff came to be. I don’t know about you but from what I can remember America lead an invasion of Afghanistan because a terrorist cell drove some planes in the Pentagon and world trade centre. At the time I didn’t understand why we invaded a nation because of something a few terrorists did … in truth I am still not sure how the world bought that one.

We then threw all of our resources in to finding the “master mind” Osama Bin Laden. It would seem that the whole world has now forgotten about Osama, even though we were told he is the man responsible for all of this. I have no idea why I don’t hear more about the search for this guy … probably because just after the Bush government chartered a private jet to take is family out of America they decided to cut a deal to see he was never found. Who knows maybe Osama is the new Lord Lucan

Okay so when we couldn’t find Osama … the next step was to invade a second country – IRAQ because they had weapons of mass destruction. Of course like Osama we couldn’t find any them either. But hey they had an Evil guy in charge and “liberating” these people was a good thing because he killed many innocent people.

Oh but wait …..Over 62,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed since the start of the war. Add to that the 3335 American soldiers dead, the 270 coalition troops dead and the injured soldiers (somewhere between 23,000 and 100,000), you have to start to wonder what the hell is going on.

Anybody care to tell me how much longer the people will put up with this rubbish?

I dunno if you are asking a "serious" question and want a serious reply or not...

But I'll give ya the best I got.

9/11 was a big disaster, but it galvanized a lot of public support. Public support is crucial in enacting what could be troublesome foreign policy.

Natural progression from 9/11 is "we're gonna get these guys back" well, enemy #1 was the Taliban, and Osama bin-Laden. But, with the amount of support and initial success of toppling the Taliban in Afghanistan, why not make the next logical step and topple the Iraqi dictator, which should have been dealt with back in the early 90's.

Back in the 90's the USA used to think that Saddam was a stabilizing force (although brutal) in the region even after the Kuwait war because the population was subdued. You had Iran with the revolutionary Islamic command and etc, still hostile to US interests, you had Syria and etc etc not really "open" to US involvement.

Then you have those fairys that believe that the UN and etc is really important and that after Iraq had been expelled from Kuwait, that their mandate to use force had expired.

People were duped.
Most people knew that it wasn't right, going to invade Iraq for weapons of mass destruction.

Maybe if they did it for Human rights it is somewhat justifiable, but I still dont believe it really is something that they would have done.

Just like they've changed the rationale for going to war, they're also going to try and rationalize the outcomes and the tolerance levels.

I'd suggest that once the new president is elected in the USA, you will see withdrawal from Iraq within 12-24 months, and a massive policy reversal from the "self defence" attack policy of the neo-cons.

These guys had an agenda over 10 years, they all know each other, they all share the same ideas. It will just take time to clean them out of the house.

#51422 - 14 May 07 07:55 Re: Answers please .... [Re: chewwyUK]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
it is never clear about weapon of mass destruction or even how stupid arabs who only do flying course could really attacked the twin towers. Somehow i do believe in conspiracy theory, american government betrayed their own people worse than the corrupt government in Indo. Greediness product of capitalism... after 9/11 and iraq war i wouldn't surprise if terrorism in indonesia or other country has nothing to do with religion, but Global economy monopoly and power. Its all about making money

#51423 - 14 May 07 07:58 Re: Answers please .... [Re: emmajkt]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Here is the truth.....

Attachments
1744-9-11.jpg

#51424 - 14 May 07 08:05 Re: Answers please .... [Re: Dilli]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i though golliwogs had been banned as politically incorrect??

#51425 - 14 May 07 08:06 Re: Answers please .... [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Except for acts of crime or terrorism...

#51432 - 14 May 07 10:11 Re: Answers please .... [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I knew there was a book on Golliwog Crime rates somewhere!

Attachments
1746-Crimeprevention.jpg

Moderator:  NetCop