Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49635 - 17 Apr 07 12:54 ASIAN runs Amok
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

I note that there has been a further bloodshed inuring masacre at Virginia Tech - is this the modern west's way of "expressing itself"

"commoner's malady " - cheeky cunt .

Early eyewitness accounts describe an "Asian male around 20". It's starting to look like this foreign student was dumped by his girlfriend -- again we have the same childish motivation take away sex, run amok. Suffice it to say, this one loony toon probably doesn't represent the billion or so people in the "modern west"....

#49636 - 17 Apr 07 12:58 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

rumor has it that its a Chinese exchange student .....

They are saying its over a lost girlfriend ... probably also has something to do with being surrounded by so many fucking Americans 24 hours a day!

#49637 - 17 Apr 07 12:59 Re; Asian runs Amok [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: chewwyUK
... probably also has something to do with being surrounded by so many fucking Americans 24 hours a day!

i can relate to that ...

#49638 - 17 Apr 07 13:26 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Indeed, especially those Americans in Blacksburg, Virginia...

Here's an update:
Gunman kills 32 at Virginia Tech before being killed

April 16, 2007
BY MICHAEL SNEED Sun-Times Columnist
http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/343354,vatech041607.article

Authorities were investigating whether the gunman who killed 32 people on the Virginia Tech campus in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history was a Chinese man who arrived in the United States last year on a student visa.

The 24-year-old man arrived in San Francisco on United Airlines on Aug. 7 on a visa issued in Shanghai, the source said. Investigators have not linked him to any terrorist groups, the source said.

#49639 - 17 Apr 07 13:38 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The Mirror UK gets in on the carnage:

DRIVEN BY JEALOUSY
THE UNI MASSACRE
Dumped maniac shoots girlfriend dead in a dorm 2 hours later he storms classes and slaughters 31
Ryan Parry In Virginia And Graham Brough 17/04/2007

A MADMAN who killed 32 people in a university rampage yesterday was on a jealous mission of revenge after being jilted by his girlfriend.

The killer, an Asian in his 20s, launched himself on America's worst gun massacre by searching for his former love in a fourth-floor dormitory.

Soon after 7.15am he tracked her down to a stairwell where he shot her dead and wounded an older student who tried to save her.

Two hours later, after a lockdown was lifted and students were astonishingly allowed to move about Virginia Tech campus while the gunman was still at large, the slaughter began.

Wearing a black military-style shooting vest filled with ammunition and reloading his two weapons as he went, he entered classrooms randomly spraying bullets at victims.

Terrified witnesses said the madman lined students up before executing them. Other reports said he chained the exit to prevent anyone escaping.

Dozens of youngsters dived for cover in the chaos, some jumping from second storey windows as the gunman opened up with a fusillade of shots.

Unconfirmed reports claimed all the students in one classroom were killed.

As police surrounded the college buildings in Blacksburg, Virginia, the demented killer is believed to have then turned his gun on himself.

At least 29 people were injured. Last night student Suzanne Higgs said: "We've heard that the shooter was jealous over a girl who was with someone else. I can't understand why anyone would go after two people and end up killing more than 30."

Student Kenny Nesselrodt, 20, said: "I understand the guy went to the dormitory first and shot his girlfriend because she'd broken up with him. He also shot her resident adviser for trying to intervene.

"Then there was silence for a couple of hours before he walked into a French class. I've heard it was his own class. Maybe he figured 'I've already killed so I might as well kill again'."

The gunman's ex is thought to be a first year studying equine science. Brant Marlett went to high school with the girl but would not name her. He said: "She was the first person to lose her life. Her family know."

University president Charles Steger said: "This is a tragedy of monumental proportions. The university is shocked and horrified."

As a huge investigation got under way, furious students claimed they had been put in the firing line by college blunders.

After the first shots were heard, they were warned to stay indoors and away from the windows. But some students said they thought the lockdown had been lifted by the time the second gunfire was heard. Jason Platt said: "What happened was ridiculous. Someone died in a shooting in a dorm at 7.15am. There's no mention of cancelling classes.

"Then we're emailed they're investigating a shooting two hours later at 9:22. While they're sending out that email, about 30 more people got killed."

The gunman first struck at West Ambler Johnston residential halls which house about 895 students. Police were alerted and students told not leave their buildings.

Aimee Kanode said a member of staff called about 8am to tell them to stay put. She said: "They had us under lockdown." But the lockdown was lifted two hours later and the killer went on his murderous spree at Norris Hall, an engineering building at the other end of the sprawling 2,600-acre campus.

Time and time again the madman, in a maroon hat and black leather jacket, sprayed bullets indiscriminately at terrified targets.

At one point students leaned against a classroom door to stop him getting in. But he fired through it.

A video of the chaos showed terrified youngsters scurrying for safety as volleys of shots ring out and police with flak jackets and assault rifles swarmed about the campus. Student Blake Harrison said students were barricading themselves in classrooms to stop the gunman getting in.

He said: "The shooter was wearing a vest covered in bullet clips. He was going from class to class. They said it never seemed like it was going to stop. There was blood all over."

Tricia Sangalang said that it would take around 10 minutes to walk between the scenes of both shootings. She added: "There was chaos. The gunman could have walked from the dormitory to the engineering hall in the midst of the crowd."

British engineering student George Barnwell, from Birmingham, is on an exchange programme at the uni and was woken by sounds of shooting. The 20-year-old said on a net posting: "I am in my dorm room 100ft from the first incident. It is amazing to think that an event like this could have happened in such a quiet town. We are all in shock."

#49640 - 17 Apr 07 13:46 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

At Va Tech uni, there are dozens of Indonesian students, they even have their own club called "permias":

http://www.permias.org.vt.edu/team.htm

#49649 - 17 Apr 07 18:22 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Anybody remember the Boomtown Rats song?? I wonder how you say, "I don't like Mondays" in Chinese?

#49654 - 17 Apr 07 20:42 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
I fear there will be a yellow bating backlash from this which I think kinda misses the point, namely where did he get the gun?? I think we all know that in the good old US of A it's pretty easy to get tooled up. He probably bought it in the college refectory along with a couple o bagels...

#49657 - 17 Apr 07 21:17 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Ah Soo... make that "I don't like Mondays" in KOREAN. The crazy psycho was 23-year-old Korean. Maybe he did it for DEAR LEADER?

#49658 - 17 Apr 07 21:32 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Roy's hair
I fear there will be a yellow bating backlash from this which I think kinda misses the point, namely where did he get the gun?? I think we all know that in the good old US of A it's pretty easy to get tooled up. He probably bought it in the college refectory along with a couple o bagels...

AH yeeeessss, you Brits and your whinging about them Yanks' guns.

A couple of interesting things there, since you bring it up.

FIRST, they were black-market guns with the numbers professionally scratched off, which you can get anywhere in the world, including some of the most hardcore anti-gun countries (just depends on how much you're willing to pay).

SECOND, the State of Virginia has laws that allow licensed gun owners to carry their guns on their person, even on uni campuses, but they are quite strict about annual psych evaluations and background checks to all licensed gun owners. HOWEVER, just last year this particular uni, VA TECH, decided they would no longer allow any students to carry guns. SO ALL the registered gun owners had theirs locked up in some admin office.

SO... this KOREAN knew for a fact that nobody else in the place would be able to shoot back, he knew for a fact that they would all be defenseless.

NOW the million dollar question: Would he have gone on the second rampage if he knew 1 in 20 of those students would be packin'?
AND... how many lives might have been saved if some student pulled out his piece as soon as the shooting started and whacked the kook before he could kill 33 and maim 30 others.

#49659 - 17 Apr 07 21:37 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Oh... and as a resident foreigner on a student visa, he would never be allowed to legally buy or possess a gun of any type, WHICH means he probably went up to Canada and bought them on the black market.

#49660 - 17 Apr 07 21:45 Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Cho Seung-Hui was his name...

#49661 - 17 Apr 07 21:45 Re: Asian runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Riccardo, you comments seem vaguely familiar ... in fact you sound like a complete and utter Pratt.

Virginia Tech Shooting -- Gun Bans Are The Problem, Not The Solution
April 16, 2007 04:41 PM EST

"When will we learn that being defenseless is a bad defense?" asked Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America.

"All the school shootings that have ended abruptly in the last ten years were stopped because a law-abiding citizen -- a potential victim -- had a gun," Pratt said.

"The latest school shooting demands an immediate end to the gun-free zone law which leaves the nation's schools at the mercy of madmen. It is irresponsibly dangerous to tell citizens that they may not have guns at schools. The Virginia Tech shooting shows that killers have no concern about a gun ban when murder is in their hearts.

"Not far from Virginia Tech, a killer was stopped at the Appalachian School of Law when two students were able to go off campus to their vehicles and get their guns which they used to subdue the killer. Sadly, not even that awkward defense was available at Virginia Tech.

"Isnít it interesting that Utah and Oregon are the only two states that allows faculty to carry guns on campus. And isn't it interesting that you havenít read about any school or university shootings in Utah or Oregon? Why not? Because criminals don't like having their victims shoot back at them,Ē Pratt said. "Thatís why the American people want an end to this ineffective gun ban."

Pollsters have found that 85% of Americans would find it appropriate for a principal or teacher to use "a gun at school to defend the lives of students" to stop a school massacre (Research 2000 poll).

The words of Virginia Tech spokesman, Larry Hincker, should be haunting him in the wake of the massacre at his school. Last year, a bill was killed in the Virginia legislature to enable those with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns at schools. Hincker said that "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

"Gun Owners of America has called on Congress to repeal its deadly law requiring gun free school zones," said Pratt. "Likewise, the call has been made to state legislatures to enact legislation enabling people with concealed carry permits to be able to have their weapons with them in schools."

#49663 - 17 Apr 07 22:06 Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I'm certainly not going to get into bed with these loony gun lobbyists like Pratt, but the statistics are very interesting, and the KOREAN would NOT have been able to kill as many if others in school had their guns with them.

#49664 - 17 Apr 07 22:32 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Quote:
SO... this KOREAN knew for a fact that nobody else in the place would be able to shoot back, he knew for a fact that they would all be defenseless.

First of all, how can you say he knew for a fact that weapons were not allowed on campus? Kids aren't allowed to have guns on any campus here in Canada, yet I would bet that there are some ... especially in certain neighbourhoods. Even if he did know, do you think that matters to a person on a mad rage? Most people that run amok (even without weapons) aren't too worried about the consequences... they are running on rage. This guy didn't give a shit about being shot, death penalties, life in prison, etc, because his life was about to end.

Quote:
Oh... and as a resident foreigner on a student visa, he would never be allowed to legally buy or possess a gun of any type, WHICH means he probably went up to Canada and bought them on the black market.

Yeah, because it is much easier to travel 1200km to cross a border, find someone in the black market to buy two weapons from, and then recross the border (which is pretty tight these days) and drive the 1200km back to Virginia, isn't it... I would say it is much more likely that he got the weapons in Virginia or at most a neighbouring state.

Edited by The Great Gonzo (17 Apr 07 22:34)

#49665 - 17 Apr 07 22:38 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: The Great Gonzo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The Canada comment was meant as a joke. Maybe I need to use those damned smiley face things.

#49666 - 17 Apr 07 22:44 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

However, let's not Be Like Mike (moore) and pretend that Canada is gun-free. Since Canada's draconian gun laws have gone into effect there has been a gigantic surge in the black market -- Mackenzie Researchers came up with some interesting info in a seminal report on the Canadian black market:

The Mackenzie Institute's report, which was based on an eight month study of the Canadian firearms black market and drew from over 700 interviews with gun owners, police officers, smugglers, natives and others, also confirms previous reports which suggest that it is exceptionally easy for any citizen to obtain an illegal firearm, and that "anybody can get a pistol in a few days off the street."

Almost 40 percent of the taxi drivers in four major urban centres interviewed for the study said they had been approached by individuals selling handguns. A similar account was reported in The Globe and Mail by a gang member who refused to be identified. He said he could easily obtain a handgun within 24 hours: "Probably less than that, 10 hours. If you know the right people." He continued, saying "Guns are the easiest things to sell in Canada today."

#49669 - 17 Apr 07 22:58 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
I certainly wouldn't be the one arguing that Canada is gun free... in fact, I think in Bowling for Columbine Moore stated that Canada has a very high gun / capita ratio.
I would say that 90% of the rural people I know have many rifles and shotguns, and that is in Southern Ontario where relatively little wildlife is left. I would say 98% of residences any further North than Barrie would have a weapon... those damn Black Bears get pesky.
Unfortunately we have our problems with school shootings too, Montreal for example. How to stop it? Should we have armed guards roaming the halls at schools?

#49671 - 17 Apr 07 23:22 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Don't resort to using emoticons. Ever. You will start to make as much sense as Kuku.

#49672 - 18 Apr 07 00:09 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Piss Salon]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

I've heard stuff like this before. "The answer to school shootings is....everyone should be packing a piece!!" These people simply do not live on the planet earth.

#49673 - 18 Apr 07 00:13 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

If some korean nerd exchange student came to the UK to study business (or whatever these cunts study) and decided to go mental after splitting with some pasty thighed English bloater he WOULD NOT have been able to find a gun. I guarantee you.

#49674 - 18 Apr 07 01:25 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Roy's Hair]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

If some korean nerd exchange student came to the UK ... he WOULD NOT have been able to find a gun. I guarantee you.

Easy as pie, anything and everything is available (see sources below). Sorry to say, but you've been duped. At least you can take solace in the fact that you've been duped by the best.

I'm sure you know your history and the fact that BRITS invented population control and mass propaganda in 1914 when soon-to-be PM David L. George created the War Propaganda Bureau. Their propaganda machine, over the next several decades, was universally regarded, even by enemies such as Hitler, Stalin and Khrushchev, as the most successful effort to mold mass public opinion ever! US administrations, from Woodrow Wilson to Dubya, have tried in vain to copy the Brit model, but have never been able to match them in terms of thought control and unified public opinion.

Now for question time: Have you ever wondered why there is such a uniform Pavlovian reaction when Brit civilians make feeble attempts to discuss the gun control issue? Does it not seem strange? Who has told you all these bad things about arming yourself? Let me guess, is it the same people who are armed to the teeth? The same ones that control the police? The army? The navy? The air force? Mi5? Mi6? Scotland Yard?

The reason most Brits, or anyone, pay taxes is, at the end of the day, due to the direct or indirect threat of violence with a firearm. (think long and hard about that, it all goes back to violence no matter how many layers our governments have put on it to sugarcoat it)... AND YET brits believe with all their heart -- I daresay, like religious fanatics -- when these people say "it's okay for me, but not for you." These are the same people that have brainwashed the population into believing that you have no right to stand up to such tyranny with your own gun.

AND.. for the record, I'm not by any means on the side of the gun-toting loonies, but I do support their freedom of choice.

-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.savvysurvivor.com/black_market_guns.htm
Contrary to popular hype, European gun control does not mean that European citizens lack access to firearms. In fact, street prices of more common firearms in European capitals are not much higher than what one would expect to pay in a gun shop in the US.

London has become famous for two things: Strict gun control and easy availability of firearms for their criminal classes.

From the guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/gun/Story/0,2763,363761,00.html
A parliamentary study in the UK revealed that One in three criminals under the age of 25 owns or has access to a firearm, the Government's researchers have discovered.

A continuing parliamentary inquiry into the growing number of black market weapons has concluded that there are more than three million illegally held firearms in circulation - double the number believed to have been held 10 years ago - and that criminals are more willing than ever to use them.

http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/7/10/203335

Britain now holds its own citizens hostage like an authoritarian nation that distrusts its own citizens with firearms.

#49684 - 18 Apr 07 07:21 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
Don't resort to using emoticons. Ever. You will start to make as much sense as Kuku.

kuku wishes to let people know he's a smiling dancing kind of guy...

Edited by riccardo (18 Apr 07 09:19)

#49688 - 18 Apr 07 07:57 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I've heard stuff like this before. "The answer to school shootings is....everyone should be packing a piece!!" These people simply do not live on the planet earth.

Attachments
1493-MassMurder.gif

#49702 - 18 Apr 07 08:55 Re: Cho Seung-Hui runs Amok [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I don't see how you can say its freedom of choice if somebody wants to walk around with a gun or not Ric ... I just don't buy that argument at all. The government is there to protect it's people ... that means not giving open access to things that are specifically designed to kill.

The gun laws of America just are NOT working. Look at the gun crime stats of the states .. its like a war zone there. Something has to be done to change things because the people being killed by the guns have absolutely NO CHOICE.

Sadley Roys Hair I fear that you need to go back and have a look at the UK again. When you and I were kids it was all BMX Bikes, ZX Spectrums and maybe a punch up behind the bike sheds. These days there are areas of London where it's all knives, guns and crack. The increase in gun crime is a worrying sign of bigger problems to come.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop