Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49600 - 17 Apr 07 10:04 JI gets it RIGHT!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
It may be a rarity to see me supporting Jemaah Islamiya but on this one I think they've got it almost right and I'm tempted to support them IF they are targeting the corrupt arrogant assholes. IF they are just targeting anyone who is Christian or Jew or Hindu or Buddhist, that would most certainly bring this country down. It is the few non-Muslim gov't officials and community leaders that are keeping this country from total collapse...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
=========================================================

Hit squad to expand JI operations

Reuters - April 17, 2007

SINGAPORE: Southeast Asian militant network Jemaah Islamiah has formed an assassination squad to attack police, prosecutors and judges, a Singapore newspaper reported yesterday, citing an Indonesian official.

Ansyaad Mbai, head of the anti-terrorism division at Indonesia's Security Ministry, said the group planned to target a list of "infidels" including the rector of a Christian university and an official at the Attorney-General's Office in central Java, the Straits Times reported.

The setting up of the assassination squad showed the al-Qa'ida-linked terror network wanted to get into the complete spectrum of terrorist attacks, instead of concentrating on deadly bombings and suicide strikes, Rohan Gunaratna, head of the Singapore-based International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research, told the newspaper.

Officials uncovered the assassination plans after a series of raids in Java last month, when investigators found charts detailing Jemaah Islamiah's new structure, as well as a large cache of arms including M-16 rifles.

"This has never happened before. These M-16s are not hidden in the forests but are carried around. They are well-prepared to use the rifles in pursuit of a target," Mr Mbai was quoted as saying, adding that the group was targeting both locals and foreigners.

The strength of the assassination squad was not known, but the paper said it might be part of a new military wing formed by Abu Dujana, a senior Jemaah Islamiah operative who has taken over as the group's leader, security officials say.

Jemaah Islamiah has been blamed for several deadly attacks in Indonesia, including the 2002 Bali bombing that killed more than 200 people, including 88 Australians.

Founded about 1993, Jemaah Islamiah has a goal of creating an Islamic superstate across the southeast Asian region.

#49601 - 17 Apr 07 10:08 Re: JI gets it RIGHT! [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Foreword is a bit strong Ricci! I can think of no reason to support terrorism of any kind.

Although I was not present in the 90's, any action of this type, no matter who starts it may bring about a similar scenario, although, this time around it may be considered ok to go after any infidel and not only ethnic chinese.

#49602 - 17 Apr 07 10:45 Re: JI gets it RIGHT! [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Why is it that terrorist groups are always portrayed as well organized, well managed teams with detailed plans for everything. Take a look around you people ... given some of the local companies (please note I am not saying all) I am unsure they could organize a piss up in a brewery!

#49606 - 17 Apr 07 11:00 Re: JI gets it RIGHT! [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Dilli
... this time around it may be considered ok to go after any infidel and not only ethnic chinese.

Ah indeed.... BUT they ALREADY consider it kosher to kill ANY infidel, the only difference is now they are finally realizing that corrupt cops and judges are part of the problem. basically, it's a response to the government's limited efforts to rein in the militants, using groups like the police's Det. 88 and judges that send their fellow terrorists to prison.

Frankly, I think it's just a bluff to get the cops to ease off on the militants/terrorists. If JI were to carry out a couple of assassinations, then the govt's gloves would finally come off and the police and judges would properly go after them.

These people are not nearly as "complex" as many foreign commentators make them out to be. They are simple-minded and childish. They are motivated by money and sex, and when those things are taken away or threatened they seek violent revenge. The police/govt really lack the motivation/will to go after these punks at present, but that would change dramatically if cops and judges started getting whacked.

AND I THINK IT HAS... In the past two months there have been at least three murders of cops in suspicious circumstances. One was ruled an accident ("the gun went off while it lay on the desk" and killed a station captain), another was ruled suicide, and the most high-profile one was put down to a dispute with a deranged subordinate. HOWEVER, each had the hallmarks of professional hits -- a clean, double-tap shot to the forehead.

Here's the deal, some people in the government know that these have been assassinations by JI (they've been told by US and Aus security experts working with Det 88), but they are unwilling to admit it to the public. Just like Bird Flu, they cover it up and downplay it, so they won't have to do the real hard work of fixing it, AND won't have to publicly lose face for their failures.

#49624 - 17 Apr 07 12:04 Re: JI gets it RIGHT! [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Things have however changed at the pearly gates, the virgins waiting for the JI were not what they expected.

Attachments
1489-notwhattheyexpected.jpg

#49736 - 18 Apr 07 13:33 Re: JI gets it RIGHT! [Re: Dilli]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
"The police/govt really lack the motivation/will to go after these punks at present, but that would change dramatically if cops and judges started getting whacked. "

only if they weren't being funded and pushed by the Aus/US govt's, but they are, and they are relishing the role, in fact it is the only thing they are getting right in this place, a lot of shit is going down behind the scenes and other agencies are involved in this...

"HOWEVER, each had the hallmarks of professional hits -- a clean, double-tap shot to the forehead."

Absolute horseshit, please give me the number of your pot dealer, the paranoia is kicking in. i watched one of those incidents on tv, it was conducted by the who they said did it...the others are linked to internal 'business disputes' between cops.

"Here's the deal, some people in the government know that these have been assassinations by JI (they've been told by US and Aus security experts working with Det 88), but they are unwilling to admit it to the public. Just like Bird Flu, they cover it up and downplay it, so they won't have to do the real hard work of fixing it, AND won't have to publicly lose face for their failures"

Sorry, but complete horseshit again, why would they do it inside police stations when they can patiently wait for them to walk outside, go to a warung, or go to sleep at their posts? it's easier to nail them in their houses, why would they infiltrate the stations?

The JI are known for low risk/high reward ops, they are as cowardly as they come, not particularly proficient, poorly trained and are used to attacking unarmed civilians...don't give these dickheads any credit..

Moderator:  NetCop