Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49177 - 07 Apr 07 15:01 Bird Flu Outbreak
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
This is the 4th death this week!! I still believe that there have been thousands of deaths here, but most are never diagnosed as such or if they are, I've heard they've tried to keep many from being made public and just say he/she died because of "masuk angin"....

-------------------------------------------

JAKARTA (AP): An Indonesian man died of bird flu after coming into contact with infected chickens, bringing the death toll in the country hardest-hit by the virus to 74, an official said Saturday.

The 29-year-old man, identified only as Suramto, had been hospitalized for nearly a week in Central Java province before dying Thursday, said Muhammad Nadirin, head of the health ministry's bird flu surveillance department.

Local laboratory tests confirmed early Saturday that he had the H5N1 bird flu virus.

#49179 - 07 Apr 07 15:09 Re: Bird Flu Outbreak [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: riccardo
This is the 4th death this week!! I still believe that there have been thousands of deaths here, but most are never diagnosed as such or if they are, I've heard they've tried to keep many from being made public and just say he/she died because of "masuk angin"....

are you inferring that indonesia's medical profession is not capable of making a proper diagnosis, or of having the capacity to say "i don't know", when confronted with an unfamiliar disease?

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop