Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49122 - 06 Apr 07 10:14 great first date
teachr Offline

Loc: Jakarta
7 Tips for a Great First Date
1. Make a Backup Plan

The weather can change quickly, restaurants can close for renovations, and your tickets can turn out to be counterfeit. Have a backup plan in mind in case your date takes an unexpected turn.

2. Plan a Short Date

No need to map out the rest of your lives together. Start with a simple, 1-2 hour date. If things go well, you can always extend the date. There's nothing worse than being on an all-day tour when you realized five minutes into the date that you have no future together.

3. Be Punctual

There's no greater sign of disrespect than being late for your first date. Get directions to your location, arrive early, and show your date that you care about him or her and the plans you made.

4. Agree on the Dress Code

When planning the date, talk about the dress code for the particular event. It can be embarrassing if one person shows up in a suit while the other wears jeans and a sweatshirt.

5. Compliment, But Don't Over Do It

A few nice words make everyone feel special, but persistent comments about the other person's looks, personality, body, etc., gets old and can seem desperate.

6. Drink Responsibly

A few drinks may take the pressure off the date, but don't pretend you're at a fraternity party. Drinking too much will likely bring out some bad sides to your personality -- and that can't help your chances.

7. Balance Talking and Listening

Pay attention to the amount of time you spend talking versus listening. If the scale is weighing in either direction, look to balance it out.

#49123 - 06 Apr 07 10:32 Re: great first date [Re: teachr]
teachr Offline

not to just post random articles without offering a comment. i would say yeah there is an art to the first date/first impression. i haven't figured it out and i doubt whoever wrote this article has either. the idea i guess is to somehow convey the idea that you are somebody she wants to get to know better. suggestions for how this can be done i'm sure would involve drinking responsibly, but man if you don't have anything to say what difference does it matter how many bintangs you've had.

#49124 - 06 Apr 07 10:35 Re: great first date [Re: teachr]
teachr Offline

also if she has to drag you home, she's probably tougher than you, and you wouldn't want to date her again anyway.

#49126 - 06 Apr 07 11:08 Re: great first date [Re: teachr]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I fuck on the first date! If I get the chance, who needs a backup plan!

#49804 - 19 Apr 07 13:27 Re: great first date [Re: Dilli]
Slank Offline

Loc: Singapore
sure dill...........................if you date a hooker...lol

#49810 - 19 Apr 07 15:46 Re: great first date [Re: Slank]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
7 Other Tips for a Great First Date

1. Make a Backup Plan
The weather can change quickly, so make sure she brings a large sturdy umbrella. Restaurants can close for renovations, so go to a bar instead. And if your tickets for the Lucky Draw at D's Place turn out to be counterfeit, try entering her in the sexy dancing contest. Have a backup bitch in hand in case your date turns out to be a bencong or someone with an impotent name like Dilli.

2. Plan a Short Date
No need to map out the rest of your sex lives together. Start with a simple, 1-2 hour shag. If things go well, you can always extend the shagging and have her bring a friend to join. There's nothing worse than being on an all-night shag when you realized five minutes into the fuck that her tits and arse aren't what you expected.

3. Be Punctual
There's no greater sign of disrespect than coming too early. Get hand-held directions to her location, if necessary. Again, don't arrive early. Show your date that you care about her with a tender splurge over the face, doing your best to get it in her eyes.

4. Agree on the Undress Code
When planning the date, talk about the undressing code for the bedroom. It can be embarrassing if a girl reveals she is wearing a plain white bra and frilly bloomers with skidmarks and scratch-holes.

5. Compliment, But Don't Over Do It
A few nice words make every insecure woman feel special, but persistent comments about her looks, personality, body, etc., will make her demand more money/attention, etc.

6. Make Her Drink Responsibly
A few drinks will make her more willing to jump in the sack, but for God's sake don't give her too much or she'll vomit and pass out in the taxi or toilet -- and that can't help her chances.

7. Balance Weight and Positioning
Pay attention to the amount of time you spend on top versus underneath or from behind. If the scales weigh too heavily in her direction, don't worry about this and don't take her out again.

#49811 - 19 Apr 07 16:10 Re: great first date [Re: kenyeung]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: kenyeung
There's nothing worse than being on an all-night shag when you realized five minutes into the fuck that her tits and arse aren't what you expected.

i hate it when that happens.

Moderator:  NetCop