Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48892 - 03 Apr 07 02:59 Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid
spike-o-lishis Offline

Loc: Jakarta
We require an experienced maid, preferably somebody who is tired of spending time with her husband (read - old! no young, unattached chickens from the kampung looking to latch on to somebody else's husband, thank you) and wants to get out of the house. No need to speak English, cook Western food or have loads of experience with foreigners (we actually prefer not). This is a live-in position in West Jakarta.

Requirements:

** honesty
** punctuality - because I am not
** ability to keep herself organized, as well as the house
** must be able to cook Indonesian food very well - before 11am!
** must be able to clean the house spotlessly without having to be told each and every day what to do - just get on with the job once training is complete
** laundry every Saturday, using a machine or sikat, her preference
** MUST be able to feed and clean up after dogs, no exceptions
** must not have an attitude problem

Am I dreaming? I hope not......

No childcare involved. We're a pretty quiet couple, half Indo-half Canadian and spend a lot of time at home when not working so want somebody who is available but unobtrusive. We are offering a decent package, with basic medical after a 3 month probationary period, salary, food allowance in cash per week, and a basic room/WC with a TV. A slight raise will apply after 3 months if she is good. And a 10% increase in salary every year after that.

If anybody knows of somebody looking to work, and work well, please give us a call at 08569885562.

Spanks :-)

#48915 - 03 Apr 07 18:00 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quote:

i think if you even get half of what you are asking for, you will be doing well! smile

and anyway, what's wrong with having an ayam as a pembantu?? smile

#48926 - 03 Apr 07 20:35 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
Quoting: spike-o
We require an experienced maid, preferably somebody who is tired of spending time with her husband (read - old! no young, unattached chickens from the kampung looking to latch on to somebody else's husband, thank you) and wants to get out of the house. No need to speak English, cook Western food or have loads of experience with foreigners (we actually prefer not). This is a live-in position in West Jakarta.

Requirements:

** honesty
** punctuality - because I am not
** ability to keep herself organized, as well as the house
** must be able to cook Indonesian food very well - before 11am!
** must be able to clean the house spotlessly without having to be told each and every day what to do - just get on with the job once training is complete
** laundry every Saturday, using a machine or sikat, her preference
** MUST be able to feed and clean up after dogs, no exceptions
** must not have an attitude problem

No childcare involved. We're a pretty quiet couple, half Indo-half Canadian and spend a lot of time at home when not working so want somebody who is available but unobtrusive. We are offering a decent package, with basic medical after a 3 month probationary period, salary, food allowance in cash per week, and a basic room/WC with a TV. A slight raise will apply after 3 months if she is good. And a 10% increase in salary every year after that.

If anybody knows of somebody looking to work, and work well, please give us a call at 08569885562.

Spanks :-)

Mmm must be a perfect maid! grin Oh well, good luck hope you find like whats you want! cheers.

#48929 - 04 Apr 07 00:54 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: dolphin]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
what have you got a wife for?????

#48931 - 04 Apr 07 01:28 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Yes]
spike-o-lishis Offline

*** what have you got a wife for????? ***

Exskweezme?

Dude, firstly, I'm not a lesbian, so I don't have a wife, I have a husband.

Secondly, as the wife, I've got a lot better things to do, like making money using my brain, than scrubbing floors. And I work damn hard doing that. I chose to get an education for a reason. You've supposedly got a better education than a lot of people in this country. So what's your excuse for being so blatantly stupid?

Now get in the kitchen and get ME a beer, sonny! And while you're at it, give yourself a good slap upside the head with the meat-cleaver for even thinking about saying something so ignorant.

Edited by spike-o (04 Apr 07 01:36)
Edit Reason: forgot to quote poster

#48932 - 04 Apr 07 01:31 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: KuKuKaChu]
spike-o-lishis Offline

**i think if you even get half of what you are asking for, you will be doing well! \:\)

and anyway, what's wrong with having an ayam as a pembantu?? \:\)**

Well, if I never ask, I'll never receive, will I? :-) After 8 years here, surely something good is coming my way soon!

#48934 - 04 Apr 07 06:08 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch

Exskweezme?

Secondly, as the wife, I've got a lot better things to do, like making money using my brain, than scrubbing floors. And I work damn hard doing that. I chose to get an education for a reason. You've supposedly got a better education than a lot of people in this country. So what's your excuse for being so blatantly stupid?

Now get in the kitchen and get ME a beer, sonny! And while you're at it, give yourself a good slap upside the head with the meat-cleaver for even thinking about saying something so ignorant.

I am with you all the way spike-o! bunch of asinines out there!

#48941 - 04 Apr 07 07:41 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
Pooh Bah

Now get in the kitchen and get ME a beer, sonny!

yes, mam. sorry, mam. three bags full, mam.

#48956 - 04 Apr 07 13:30 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: KuKuKaChu]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
jumpall

#48966 - 04 Apr 07 14:19 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: dolphin]
Just Offline
Member+++

Loc: Obviously not your place!
With such qualifications, surely they won't work for you unless you pay really damn good, spike! And I don't think you will find any "pembantu" here!!! Try Kemchick's or Hero's board, you might get luckier. Last but not least... good luck in finding the perfect maid smile

Edited by Just (04 Apr 07 14:20)

#48967 - 04 Apr 07 14:22 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Just]
Pooh Bah

certainly not many pembantu's will be reading JakChat. they usually have higher moral standards. but certainly i'm sure some JC people or lurkers might know someone who fits the bill.

#48968 - 04 Apr 07 14:23 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Just Offline
Member+++

Yes, but the problem is, would you want to refer her to spike-o and not keeping her yourself, Ku? wink

#48969 - 04 Apr 07 14:24 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Just]
Just Offline
Member+++

I meant, As a MAID! grin Pardon moi, monsieur! smile

Edited by Just (04 Apr 07 14:25)

#48970 - 04 Apr 07 14:32 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Just]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Just
Yes, but the problem is, would you want to refer her to spike-o and not keeping her yourself, Ku? wink

well, i'm not all that hard up for maids, and i don't have any room for any more. smile

Quote:
I meant, As a MAID! Pardon moi, monsieur! smile

are you casting nasturtiums at my character??

#48971 - 04 Apr 07 14:35 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Just Offline
Member+++

smile

#48976 - 04 Apr 07 16:38 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: KuKuKaChu]
spike-o-lishis Offline

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
certainly not many pembantu's will be reading jakchat. they usually have higher moral standards. but certainly i'm sure some JC people or lurkers might know someone who fits the bill.

Actually, we've had a few by from an agent that was referred to us by a contact who has been here for 20+ years. Turned them all down due to far too many demands before they even started working and have proven themselves on the job, salary demands higher than that of a teacher with a university degree, etc., which just shows me somebody who is going to always expect a lot for doing jack. I don't mind offering more later though, and have said so to the maids, once they've proved to me what it is exactly they can do (like clean and cook for a start, follow instructions for another), other than watch tv or walk around with a glazed look in their eyes pretending to be busy. Have another coming for an interview tomorrow.

The maid we just canned, who was referred to us by a neighbour, took off for a 'funeral' on Friday, just after she got paid - go figger, and only yesterday afternoon smsd to let us know when she would be back (Thursday). So considerate of her to let us know when it would be convenient for her to return. Glad we didn't botch up her 1 week unauthorized holiday. And yes, we'd be happy to hold on to her personal belongings and hold her job for as long as it takes her to return. Grrrr....

If I ever pulled that rubbish in my office, I'd be tossed out the door on the spot.

Anyhoo, hopefully tomorrow is a happier day :-) Peace and flowers and butterflies to everybody, even the sexist pig!

#48979 - 04 Apr 07 17:53 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
emmajkt Offline
Member*

Loc: here, there and everywhere
hi spike hope you have good luck with your maid search.. I affraid you have missunderstanding with julian tho... he's not sexist. Its just very different thinkin, having a maid is not common here.

#48981 - 04 Apr 07 18:06 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Just]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Quoting: Just
I meant, As a MAID! grin Pardon moi, monsieur! smile

Just, you do need french lessons...

#48992 - 05 Apr 07 05:18 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: emmajkt]
spike-o-lishis Offline

Quoting: emmajkt
hi spike hope you have good luck with your maid search.. I affraid you have missunderstanding with julian tho... he's not sexist. Its just very different thinkin, having a maid is not common here.

Hi Emma,
Having a maid is not a common thing in any Western country, including my own, so it's still no excuse for him being a twat :-)

#49001 - 05 Apr 07 10:06 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
Christ, you sound like a pain in the arse to live with.....

#49058 - 05 Apr 07 17:16 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: naga]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Quoting: naga
Christ, you sound like a pain in the arse to live with.....

LOL! grin

#49063 - 05 Apr 07 17:57 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: spike-o-lishis]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here

Exskweezme?

You have an Indo husband ? and you want a maid ?
Oh dear - poor bitch will spend all day sweeping up puntung rokok and frying chicken , unless of course you have managed to find yourself of the the 7 Indonesian males that are actually worth a toss .

#49073 - 05 Apr 07 22:43 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Kuku, you better change JakChat to become a maid's bureau grin

#49079 - 05 Apr 07 23:09 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
teachr Offline

i might be interested, how much do you pay? of course i assume free lunch and dinner.

#49080 - 06 Apr 07 01:24 Re: Would Appreciate a recommendation for a decent maid, not a Kemang maid [Re: teachr]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Attitude problem ?
You clean up your own dog shit - if my assumption that the useless steaming brown thing in the corner is not a dog turd , but your husband , you should be used to cleaning up shite and cap tangan off your tembok -
What an old bag you are - little better than the moaning tjiongoes , I hope you find a maid suitable , one that shoves your toothbrush up her kazoo every morning , and who pisses in the teh - you deserve her , as you deserve an indo husband , but let me guess , he is chinese-indo ?
Get off you fat arse and scrub your own floor - that or train your Pongo abelii to do what he is best at (which , despite popular belief is NOT smoking 234's and making silly comments at bule )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop