Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48440 - 27 Mar 07 16:21 Housemaid/Nanny
teach05 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello,

I am seeking a Housemaid/Nanny for my children. I would like someone from Indonesia and who is Muslim. We are an American family-looking for a maid who can speak English/Arabic and has experience as a housemaid. Do you know how I can go about locating a maid without being in Indonesia. I reside in the UAE currently and do not want to go through Maid agencies as they are too pricy for the maid and too expensive for me. If you know of any good indonesian, muslim maids, could you email me or ask her to contact me via email? Many thanks! KM

My email address is techpro05@yahoo.com

#48441 - 27 Mar 07 16:24 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: teach05]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Have you fully researched what the problems are here! Contact the Indonesian Embassy in Abu Dhabi who can give you detailed information on the technicalities and start from there.

It is a bit of a minefield in the UAE, better to get all the details there first.

#48456 - 27 Mar 07 18:04 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: Dilli]
teach05 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Pujangga Besar,

I understand that there are many issues in bringing maids from Indonesia, but it's acceptable to directly hire someone rather than go through an agency-if both parties agree. Thanks for the suggestions. KM

#55301 - 02 Jul 07 12:44 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: teach05]
nudel Offline
Member+

Loc: Singapore
Quoting: teach05
Hello,

I am seeking a Housemaid/Nanny for my children. I would like someone from Indonesia and who is Muslim. We are an American family-looking for a maid who can speak English/Arabic and has experience as a housemaid. Do you know how I can go about locating a maid without being in Indonesia. I reside in the UAE currently and do not want to go through Maid agencies as they are too pricy for the maid and too expensive for me. If you know of any good indonesian, muslim maids, could you email me or ask her to contact me via email? Many thanks! KM

How much does it cost to employ a maid in UAE?

#55303 - 02 Jul 07 13:07 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: nudel]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
About 700 - 800 dirhams per month salary. (US$ 190 - 220) The law however demands an additional amount be lodged as security against return air travel and also there is another amount roughly equal to a months pay which needs to be accrued each year.

#55469 - 03 Jul 07 16:41 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: Dilli]
nudel Offline
Member+

Loc: Singapore
How much you want to pay a maid 'teach05'? US$100? Man, you must be kidding. You think you are still living in Indonesia? The rest of the world are paying anytime near or sometimes even more than what you are paying in UAE.

#55831 - 08 Jul 07 12:37 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: teach05]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Hello,

i hope you are not one of this cruel "disgusting" arab families!
this happened last year and it was showing on tv news every where! the Indo maid forced to work all day and got pay less than $2/day! assholes!!! i hate arabs!

DENVER - A Saudi woman accused with her husband of keeping an Indonesian maid as a virtual slave was sentenced Friday to five years probation and ordered confined to her home until she leaves the country.

Sarah Khonaizan, 35, pleaded guilty in May to harboring an illegal immigrant. In exchange, prosecutors dropped charges of forced labor and document servitude.

Authorities said that Khonaizan and her husband, Homaidan Al-Turki, hid the 24-year-old woman’s passport and forced her to cook, clean and care for their five children in their suburban Denver home, and that Al-Turki repeatedly sexually assaulted her.

#55890 - 09 Jul 07 01:43 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: juminten]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: wrangler dudette
Hello,

We are an American family-looking for a maid who can speak English/Arabic and has experience as a housemaid.

i hope you are not one of this cruel "disgusting" arab families!
Authorities said that Khonaizan and her husband, Homaidan Al-Turki, hid the 24-year-old woman’s passport and forced her to cook, clean and care for their five children in their suburban Denver home, and that Al-Turki repeatedly sexually assaulted her.

forced her to cook, clean and care for their five children in their suburban Denver home, and that Al-Turki repeatedly sexually assaulted her.

The last bit sounds rather like a standard blok M relationship.

#56005 - 10 Jul 07 10:18 Re: Housemaid/Nanny [Re: teach05]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Hello,

What about an expatriate male? I do a wicked bacon and eggs and will help you service the three wives you are currently out of favor. I also promise to only leave the house at night, when its cool and the bars are open.

Moderator:  NetCop