Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47752 - 17 Mar 07 05:24 Bull gets REVENGE!
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I love stories like this when the animals get their revenge on idiot humans.

Eye-watering matador mishap

March 15, 2007 10:00am

IF Spanish matador Fernando Cruz ever has children, he will have doctors at the Valencia bullring to thank after he suffered a double goring.

Cruz, 25, is recovering in hospital after the second bull of yesterday's corrida caught him in the upper thigh, throwing him into the air, and gored him in the.. er.. groin as well.

Newspapers reproduced the eye-watering bulletin issued by surgeons at the bullring after a two-hour operation and film of the incident was played on the main evening news.

One report said his femur bone was visible after the goring and his scrotum was punctured.

"Fernando Cruz is suffering from two horn wounds of 25 centimetres in length each," a report from the city has said.

"One involves the fibres of the abductor muscle and dissects the femoral artery, the other involves the scrotal area and eviscerates both testicles."

The femoral artery is the main artery in the thigh.

Cruz was listed as being in a serious condition in hospital, but he was reportedly able to sit up in his bed today.

Astonishingly, he is expected to be back in action in around three weeks.

Meanwhile in Castellon, a second matador, Alejandro Rodriguez, was gored by another bull.

Rodriguez did manage to finish his cape performance albeit with blood stains on his clothing.

Reuters

#47755 - 17 Mar 07 05:32 Re: Bull gets REVENGE! [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Another photo of him getting impaled in the thigh...

And here's a link to a news video clip and slideshow:

http://www.nbc11.com/news/11261129/detail.html

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop