Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47244 - 11 Mar 07 13:47 new laptop, no idea about indoneisan plugs or power from the walls.
horizon Offline

Loc: united states
how do american bule electronics fair in ol' indonesia? do i need a plug converter only for my laptop?

http://cgi.ebay.com/APC-Universal-Plug-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

or some power grooming boxes as well?

in summary - what gadgets do i need to get my laptop to work in a jakarta hotel room?

#47245 - 11 Mar 07 14:08 Re: new laptop, no idea about indoneisan plugs or power from the walls. [Re: horizon]
AriesRabbit Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta for Now
You need to have the CEE7 VII standard power point plug (2 pin round). You can just buy a travelling converter for that. Most of new notebook ac adapter can support 100-240V 50-60Hz, so you don't need to worry about the power input from the wall plug. But bear in mind that it is advisable to have sort of voltage regulator if you are planning to work here for a long term, as Indonesian Power Supply is not really that reliable, you might not want to have your ac adapter to be fried.

As for other equipment, as you are staying in hotel, most well known (i mean international) hotel will provide business centre or even internet access in to your room, either via lan or wifi.

I hope that infomation will be helpful to you.

Edited by AriesRabbit (11 Mar 07 14:11)

#47250 - 11 Mar 07 19:20 Re: new laptop, no idea about indoneisan plugs or power from the walls. [Re: AriesRabbit]
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
while were on the topic of laptops, i was thinking on buying one of the new mac 13" laptops. i have never had had a laptop before but the general consesnus from people i have spoken to is that for the application i want , i shoul go mac. ( watching and burning dvd and fucking around with photos)

#47258 - 11 Mar 07 21:37 Re: new laptop, no idea about indoneisan plugs or power from the walls. [Re: Yes]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Whatever you do, make sure it has loads of memory!

Attachments
1223-cavemancomp3.jpg

Moderator:  NetCop