Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47023 - 08 Mar 07 21:08 ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta)
horizon Offline

Loc: united states
what can i get in jakarta for 500 a month? 700 a month?

hotel? rented room? i'd like to avoid bedbugs and sharing a bathroom.

#47024 - 08 Mar 07 21:54 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: horizon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i presume you mean dollars, not rupiah.

you should be able to get a simple and decent apartment for that amount, or even a shophouse if you want. location will determine cost.

keep in mind that rents here are paid 1-2 years in advance. with very few exceptions, you can't pay by the month.

#47033 - 08 Mar 07 22:53 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
horizon Offline

hotel it is then, what type of room with that get my friend and i? closer to the center of jakarta the better.

#47037 - 08 Mar 07 22:57 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: horizon]
Pooh Bah

you could certainly get a room in a better hotel in jalan jaksa for around USD600 per month. includes air con, hot water.

#47040 - 08 Mar 07 23:17 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
horizon Offline

i don't know indonesian bahasa, could a kind soul put up a couple links to one of these 600 usd a month hotels, so i can see what the rooms look like and find out more.

#47041 - 08 Mar 07 23:20 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: horizon]
Pooh Bah

#47042 - 08 Mar 07 23:26 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
You can try contacting this guy oliver.du-carrois@web.de - he has a good 2 bedroom place near kemang - good small complex, big apartment and nice pool. Was only asking $800 pm -- could be good for share.

#47133 - 09 Mar 07 15:07 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: chewwyUK]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
You could always try Take's Mansion on Kebon Sirih, that is likely about $300 a month these days. There are also hundreds of luxury kosts (boarding houses) around Jakarta that come fully furnished starting at about $150 a month. There is an area behind Mall Ambassador that has piles of said boarding houses... a good place to meet easy women too :P

#47187 - 10 Mar 07 07:10 Re: ticket bought, no place to stay (jakarta) [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Macan Tutul Offline
Pujangga Muda

Loc: Jungle and cage ;)
Try Grandkemang hotel in Kemang.

(Memoirs of 3/3/2007)

Moderator:  NetCop