Gentlemen, Revolutionaries, Scholars & Bules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46912 - 07 Mar 07 15:14 Payback's a BEE-atch...
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Payback's a BEE-atch

Padang, in West Sumatra got hammered on Tuesday by a healthy 6-point-something quake, which inevitably killed and maimed hundreds of partially innocent locals.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6422945.stm
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/JAK261168.htm

As is so often the case in this peculiar little archipelago, the local “wise folk” will inevitably blame these things on either supernatural principalities and powers or the Jews in collusion with the CIA.

They live on the most active tectonic plates on this planet, and yet somehow these “wise folk” here don’t have a clue about anything related to plate tectonics. When Krakatoa blew nearly 150 years ago, the people (at that time referred to only as “de inlander” – the unwashed indigenous natives) all believed that it was some kind of punishment from this allah fellow. Fair enough, even the intelligent Western scientists of the day hadn’t fully worked out plate tectonics, but here we are in the year 2007, the globalized world, Satellite TV, worldwide internet and several leaps forward in scientific knowledge; AND YET we still get these “wise folk” here blaming some mystical trigger for these disasters. The tsunami got a lot of play on that count. No doubt within the next 12 hours we are sure to hear some mystic/mohammedan nerd with a really daft, wispy beard tell us 'it’s all because the people of Padang were not being good muslims, blah, blah, friggin’ blah' …ad nauseum.

Well, actually he’ll be wrong.

The good people of Padang have seen fit to introduce many draconian iSlamic (sharia) laws, forced every school kiddie - regardless of religion - to wear those ridiculous Arabian nomad costumes (they think it makes them more “holy”), made a new bylaw that every couple - regardless of religion - must recite the Al Gore Ran before getting married and JUST YESTERDAY changed all the textbooks to make them more “iSlamic”. So… as far as herr allah is concerned I think they’ve done their bit and then some.

So it must have been…

It was payback from the Judeo-Christian God and his son Jesus along with the BIG PIG in the sky because it's now the YEAR OF THE PIG. They perpetrated this heinous rumbling of the earth to cause the good people of Padang to waver in their beliefs… Maybe it was, in fact, this Jesus fellow and/or THE PIG, who became offended by the local authorities forcing the minority Christians to wear hideously ugly Arabian nomad garb and say Al Gore Ran 500 times without laughing.

I should imagine now that the local Padang leaders will have received that message and by tomorrow they’ll be repealing all these mohammedan-influenced bylaws. In fact, if my channelling was correct, I think it says they should all go to school and public offices completely nude. It’s more natural. That’s the message.

Photos shamelessly stolen from http://indcoup.blogspot.com

Attachments
1167-fieldDance.jpg

1168-officestaff.jpg

#46915 - 07 Mar 07 15:59 Re: Payback's a BEE-atch... [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

A PARTIAL LIST OF DISASTERS OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS

Dec 26, 2004 - Nearly 132,000 Indonesians are killed and more than 37,000 listed as missing after a 9.15 magnitude earthquake off Indonesia and a tsunami triggered by it in the Indian ocean region. The toll in affected Indian Ocean countries reaches 230,000 dead.

Feb 21, 2005 - At least 96 are killed in landslide that sweeps through two West Java villages near a garbage dump.

March 28, 2005 - Nearly 1,000 are believed killed after a quake of magnitude 8.7 hits the coast of Sumatra.

July 20, 2005 - Indonesia confirms first deaths from bird flu. To date the disease has killed 63 people in Indonesia, the world's highest bird flu death toll.

Sept 1, 2005 - Landslide on island of Sumatra kills 14 and leaves more than a dozen missing.

Sept 5, 2005 - Domestic airliner operated by local carrier Mandala Airlines crashes in residential area of Indonesia's third biggest city Medan, killing 102 aboard and 47 local residents in an inferno on the ground.

May 15, 2006 - Mount Merapi volcano erupts with clouds of hot gas and rains ash on surrounding areas.

May 27, 2006 - Earthquake rocks area around ancient royal city of Yogyakarta killing at least 5,000 and destroying or damaging 150,000 homes.

May 29, 2006 A mud volcano erupts in Sidoardjo, East Java after shoddy drilling practices by a gas exploration company Lapindo Brantas. Over a million barrels a day flow out constantly nearly 9 months later... several square miles of land with factories and homes are lost forever under the muck.

June 14, 2006Indonesia sees fit to reduce the sentence and set free the chief Bali Bomb mastermind and head of terrorist group J.I. -- Abu Bakar Bashir.

July 17, 2006 - A tsunami after a 7.7 magnitude quake in West Java province kills at least 550 people. At least 54,000 people are displaced.

October 30, 2006Indonesia frees convicted murderer Tommy Suharto after a couple years of farcical "incarceration."

Dec 30, 2006 - A ferry with at least 600 aboard sinks during a stormy night voyage as it traveled between Borneo and Java.

Jan 1, 2007 - An Adam Air passenger plane flying from Surabaya to Manado with 102 people aboard crashes into the sea off the west coast of Sulawesi.

Feb 22, 2007 - At least 42 people are killed when fire breaks out aboard a ferry which was heading from Jakarta to Bangka island off Sumatra.

March 4, 2007Landslide demolishes village on Flores island, killing at least 50.

March 6, 2007 - Two strong earthquakes kill at least 31 people and injure dozens in the West Sumatra provincial capital of Padang.

#46917 - 07 Mar 07 16:29 Re: Payback's a BEE-atch... [Re: riccardo]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Damn, I miss that place. Canada is so boring in comparison... all we get is falling ice from the CN Tower and even then the damn police close off the entire area so fast! The damn buggers won't even take a bribe so I can go in to have a closer look! wink

#46925 - 08 Mar 07 00:06 Now Garuda, Payback's a BEE-atch... [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Another DAY, Another Distaster in Indonesia!!

A jet from Indonesia's state carrier Garuda crashed and burst into flames on landing at Yogyakarta airport on Wednesday morning.

he plane crashed and exploded at 0700 local time (0000 GMT) and passengers were trapped inside the burning fuselage.

"It is true that a plane caught fire while landing. It happened when it overshot beyond the runway and burst into flames," Yogyakarta provincial secretary Bambang Susanto told Reuters through texted messages.

"The number of passengers is still unclear but we know that there are passengers being treated at the air force hospital," he added.

Moderator:  NetCop