PRESIDENT SIGNS PRESIDENTIAL DECREE ON MEMBERS OF PRESS COUNCIL FOR 2006-2009 PERIOD Print E-mail
President SBY has signed Presidential Decree on the structure of Members of Press Council for 2006-2009 period, dated 5 February 2007. The Press Council consists of nine members, said President’s spokesperson, Andi A. Mallarangeng on Friday evening (9/2), in his office in Bina Graha Building Jakarta.

Jakarta: President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has signed Presidential Decree on the structure of Members of Press Council for 2006-2009 period, dated 5 February 2007. The Press Council consists of 9 members. That was said so by President’s spokesperson Andi A. Mallarangeng, on Friday evening, in his activity break in his office in Bina Graha Building.

According to Andi, President has signed this Presidential Decree on the structure of Press Council for 2006-2009 period on 5 February 2007. “Actually it’s quite late to announce since the President was so busy with his activities, furthermore President devoted his attention to the areas in and around Jakarta affected by the flood,” Andi explained.

“Eventhough it is just announced today, but it is 9 February 2007, a good day for the press because it is coincided with the National Press’ Day celebration,” Andi added.

The nine names that were elected to become members of Press Council for 2006-2009 period were three from element of journalist, three from element of society, and three from element of entrepreneur. They were Bambang Harymurti, Wina Armada, and Bakti Nugroho. Meanwhile, those from the element of society were Garin Nugroho, Wikrama Abidin, and Ichlasul Amal. And from the element of entrepreneur, they were Satria Naradha, Leo Batubara, and Abdullah Alamudi.

http://www.presidensby.info/index.php/fokus/2007/02/09/1564.html