Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45778 - 22 Feb 07 13:09 new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love"
dutch_guy Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
Next to the Nigerian scammers, who are still active with the same scams in which they promise you shitloads of money in return for bank account details etc, a new type of scammer has appeared "The russian woman looking for love"

I don't know but lately i have been approached online out of the blue by quite a lot of Russian girls. They all use a standard approach, starting wiht an email in which they tell their name and that they are looking for love etc. If you reply the next email will be a long one with a picture attached (always very beautiful young girls) in which they tell about their life in Russia (they always have high paid jobs such as accountants, doctors or dentists there is a catch here as we will soon see. They always have lost one or both parents (in tragic car, motorbike, bus or plane accidents) they are always good cooks, well behaved in short the perfect girl. In the second email they will also tell they are interested to visit you in your country.

If you still go along and send a reply their reply will come but strangely none of your questions (if you had some) will be answered and if you told them you are poor and that they cannot visit you in your country they will not refer to that, stronger they will continue to tell you in their next email how happy they are to meet you soon in your country.

After that they will soon fall head over heels in love with you and tell you they really want to see you asap, but there is one problem, they need some extra money to be able to purchase the plane ticket and some money for visa/pasport etc. Normally an amount of 950 USD or Euro is needed for them to complete the travel arrangements.
They also really try to make you keen on inviting them to your place by saying they can easily get a job in your country since they are doctors/dentists and there is a shortage of skilled medical people in Europe and USA or Australia (true in fact) and they have many female friends with similar jobs who found love in your country and who are now making 5000 USD per month or more as doctors/dentists and the lucky guy who married them doesn't even have to work anymore!!!!

It doesn't matter if you keep telling them they cannot come to your country and that you never would pay for a person you only met online they will keep talking as if you already introduced them.

MY strong conviction is that they don't even read your mails or cannot even read English. The pictures are probably not of themselves, more likely they are guys who use their gf's pictures to hoax you. I find it quite funny and am currently communicating with 5 "Russian beauties".

Edited by dutch_guy (22 Feb 07 13:12)

#45790 - 22 Feb 07 22:10 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: dutch_guy]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Just so that we can be perfectly clear here, we should put things in perspective.

Here is a picture that DG posted of himself on a Dutch Gay contact site!

Says it all really!

Attachments
999-DG.jpg

#45793 - 22 Feb 07 22:31 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: Dilli]
No Eye Dear Offline
Member+

Loc: Mars
Gee Dutch Guy....new type of scam. Wow for a technical person you are really up with the times, finger on the pulse and all that.

Nevertheless, thanks for alerting all of us 8 years after this scam first appreared. I will definately stop replying to my new Russian bride forthwith.

I must admit, I am totally heartbroken as I had stocked up on Vodka for our honeymoon.

#45878 - 23 Feb 07 07:30 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: Dilli]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Quoting: Dilli
Just so that we can be perfectly clear here, we should put things in perspective.

Here is a picture that DG posted of himself on a Dutch Gay contact site!

Says it all really!

is he Polisi Tidur wink laugh yay kuku

#45882 - 23 Feb 07 07:53 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Queenie Offline
Member++

Loc: Earth
omg this pic its hilarious lol

#45884 - 23 Feb 07 08:56 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl

is he Polisi Tidur wink laugh yay kuku

Outrageous libel, JJG!! I'll have you know I always shave my legs, I'd never post a picture like that.

#47914 - 20 Mar 07 22:55 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: Polisi Tidur]
Scotty Offline

Loc: S.E.A.
Here's soem people getting their own back on the Nigerian scammers:

http://www.419eater.com/

Hilarious reading.

#47924 - 21 Mar 07 07:30 Re: new type of scammer "The russian woman looking for love" [Re: Scotty]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Scotty
Here's soem people getting their own back on the Nigerian scammers:

http://www.419eater.com/

Hilarious reading.

good one! smile

Moderator:  NetCop