Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45526 - 19 Feb 07 06:50 Mahendra
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
If embattled and newly embittered State Secretary Yusril Ihza Mahendra has evidence regarding corruption, why didn't he release it in the first place? (This is a rhetorical question.)What an arse this guy is. He's going to get a place on my idiot list.

Jakarta (Antara News) - Minister/State Secretary Yusril Ihza Mahendra will report Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) Chairman Taufiequrahman Ruki for alleged involvement in the procurement of telecommunications bugging devices under an appointment system, rather than through a tender.

"I will also report him (Taufiequrahman Ruki). I have to go to the KPK office as witness," Yusril said at the Baiturrahman mosque in the state palace compound here on Friday.

He was responding to the result of a KPK investigation into a project on the supply of Automatic Fingerprint Identification System instruments worth Rp18.48 billion of the Justice Ministry in 2004 which had caused a loss of Rp6 billion to the state.

Under Presidential Decree No 80, 2003 on directives on the procurement of the instruments, KPK found out that direct appointment, instead of by tender, could not be justified.

Yusril, who was questioned as former justice minister, said if the KPK investigation was more directed at his leadership with regard to the AFIS supply project by appointment, KPK should also be probed in the case.

"Actually KPK should also be interrogated for a similar violation. The KPK-set price of the bugging devices is higher than that of AFIS instruments procured by the Justice Ministry at that time," he said.

"Unfortunately, Yusril did not specify the price of the KPK bugging device procurement project. I will hand over the evidence for the sake of the investigations," he said.(*)

#45527 - 19 Feb 07 06:54 Re: Mahendra [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Charge the thief, prosecute him and jail him. Not long after he has been jailed, we will read the following.

“Police are investigating the alleged rape of a minimum security prison inmate by a notorious double-rapist gang member after the two men were put in the same cell.”

#45532 - 19 Feb 07 09:20 Re: Mahendra [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Ah, so you have been in that cell!

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop