Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45446 - 17 Feb 07 10:51 Changing Bali
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Here is an interesting little article about the crown Prince of Gianyar, Anak Agung Gde Agung. Never heard of him but the guy rocks.

http://www.heritagejkt.org/pdf/Anak-Agung-Tattler.pdf

#45449 - 17 Feb 07 11:16 Re: Changing Bali [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
What does this bit mean in the sub-heading:
"...after mounting external challenges."

That really conjures up some very disturbing mental images, especially when you read the first line:
"always appearing gentle and elegant with his stately charm..."

#45450 - 17 Feb 07 11:35 Re: Changing Bali [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

You have a sick mind. They should make a film about you starring that Aussie wanker Russel Crowe.

#45460 - 17 Feb 07 22:38 Re: Changing Bali [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
You have a sick mind. They should make a film about you starring that Aussie wanker Russel Crowe.

i thought russel crowe was a kiwi??

#45482 - 18 Feb 07 06:05 Re: Changing Bali [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

If Aussies give up claims on Split Enz, pavlova and Phar Lap, they can take Crowe.

#45559 - 20 Feb 07 00:36 Re: Changing Bali [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Actually I remember being in the UK when Crowe won his oscar ... The news showed the front page of an Australian Newspaper with the headline "Ozy Wins Oscar" and then cut to a New Zealand paper with the headline "Kiwi Wins Oscar"

Its amazing how often the two countries fight over people

As for Pavlova PS .. how are you claiming the rights on that one?

Phat Lap --- didn't you guys kill him and turn him in to dog food?

#45599 - 20 Feb 07 05:16 Re: Changing Bali [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Cut and paste from The Encyclopedia of Refinement and Good Table Manners.

“Pavlova was invented in fucking NZ, you twat.”

#45600 - 20 Feb 07 05:55 Re: Changing Bali [Re: Piss Salon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

I don't believe The encyclopedia of refinement and good table manners used the words "Pavlova was invented in fucking NZ, you twat" not unless it was the New Zealand encyclopedia of refinement and good table manners hehe

#45601 - 20 Feb 07 05:59 Re: Changing Bali [Re: chewwyUK]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hmmm you know i never knew that Australia and New Zealand both fight over the humble pav. Here is a little google action.

No one knows who first created the Pavlova. But the name and the recipes first began appearing soon after Russian prima ballerina, Anna Matveyevna Pavlova (1881-1931), toured both Australia and New Zealand in 1926 and Australia again in 1929. Anna Pavlova was considered the greatest ballerina of her time and her visit to New Zealand has been described as "the chief event of 1926." It was said "She does not dance; she soars as though on wings." From this you get the sense that this is a light, airy dessert.

There is a controversary with both Australia and New Zealand. While it has been suggested this dessert was created in New Zealand, it has also become recognized as a popular Australian dish. Both countries claim to have invented this dessert and claim it as their national dish.

#45721 - 22 Feb 07 00:06 Re: Changing Bali [Re: chewwyUK]
Simon Offline

Loc: Bali
I thought the Pav argument was solved when the humble NZ Edmunds Cookbook was acknowledged by all concerned as having the first recipe of such dish...it came from Christchurch

#45737 - 22 Feb 07 01:14 Re: Changing Bali [Re: Simon]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Dude grew up in Australia and one thing I know for sure is that facts mean nothing to an Australian. If you keep saying it .. eventually they will believe you

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop