Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45434 - 17 Feb 07 04:14 Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Comforting thought that I am not only one with “Email/Blackberry obsession or must be connected syndrome”. Some telltale signs if you’re an email junkie:
Interrupting newspaper reading to check your email
Tilting your head slightly while your partner is talking to you- your response, “uh oh, what did you say, darling”?
While in bed (partner on your side), you’re thinking about how responses you’ve received from your post/blog.
Carrying your laptop on your honeymoon, vacation
An organization called Global Ideas Bank held its 4th annual “Internet-Free-Day” last month (Wall Street Journal-WSJ, Feb 14 2007), it encouraged people to meet each other face-to-face (must try harder), pick up the newspaper or journals (lots of catching up), have one or more internet-free days (MUST try really hard).
New York City is going as far as putting out a bill to “make it illegal to use a Blackberry or any other electronic device while crossing the street”. Big Brother is watching!

#45462 - 18 Feb 07 00:33 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: doremi]
doremi Offline
Member+++

No response anyone?
Piss, you always have something clever to say...or
Dilli, how about you? No picture as a reply to this post. I am so disappointed-no picture.

Or is this post way too boring? I'll have to try better next time then...

#45469 - 18 Feb 07 00:58 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: doremi]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Sorry, to busy trying to configure my Dopod, much better than the Crackberry and cheaper.

#45480 - 18 Feb 07 03:49 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: doremi]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
haloha nwgirl.. smile

no need to be sad..just wait and see, it's always happened we posted somethimg and there's no body give a response smile

just two reasons: first, our posts not really interesting..second, no body understood what we were talking about smile

maybe your posts was interesting but the probs in me? I don't understand what you meant and it's not your fault but my english is fuck up wink kuku

well, don't give ya nw, keep posting and make a move smile

cheerr
jokie

#45511 - 19 Feb 07 02:37 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl
haloha nwgirl.. smile

no need to be sad..just wait and see, it's always happened we posted somethimg and there's no body give a response smile

just two reasons: first, our posts not really interesting..second, no body understood what we were talking about smile

maybe your posts was interesting but the probs in me? I don't understand what you meant and it's not your fault but my english is fuck up wink kuku

well, don't give ya nw, keep posting and make a move smile

cheerr
jokie

JJG,

Never give up, girl!
1. Is not that the post is uninteresting and
2. I refuse to believe that we're not understood. It is that some people are suffering from illusion of grandeur (think they know better than we do/superior than we are).

JJG, your English is just fine...

#45519 - 19 Feb 07 04:41 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: doremi]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
ahh..new yorkers dont care! most of them dont speak english anyway..i mean those tourists walking four and five abreast on sidewalk! bus drivers and rude "pakistani" taxi drivers that cut off bikers! those idiots supposed to be punished not the blackberry users!

#45520 - 19 Feb 07 04:54 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: juminten]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
WD, you seem very protective towards the blackberry users ... hmmmm??

#45521 - 19 Feb 07 05:12 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

coz im one them ku...! cant live withot my ipod, cell and berry!

#45619 - 20 Feb 07 22:35 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: doremi]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: nwgirl
Comforting thought that I am not only one with “Email/Blackberry obsession or must be connected syndrome”. Some telltale signs if you’re an email junkie:
Interrupting newspaper reading to check your email
Tilting your head slightly while your partner is talking to you- your response, “uh oh, what did you say, darling”?
While in bed (partner on your side), you’re thinking about how responses you’ve received from your post/blog.
Carrying your laptop on your honeymoon, vacation
An organization called Global Ideas Bank held its 4th annual “Internet-Free-Day” last month (Wall Street Journal-WSJ, Feb 14 2007), it encouraged people to meet each other face-to-face (must try harder), pick up the newspaper or journals (lots of catching up), have one or more internet-free days (MUST try really hard).
New York City is going as far as putting out a bill to “make it illegal to use a Blackberry or any other electronic device while crossing the street”. Big Brother is watching!

Ask Kuku!! smile
JakChat is one of the websites that causes addiction.

But seriously, it is something to be worried about. How many of us lost touch to social lives we used to have to socialize virtually with unknown individuals who we might not meet in our entire lives. May be it's the anonimousity, which let you to say or even do what you want? Or may be the fact that you would never meet those people which had caused you to be more "open" than to real life people?

It used to be television. And now it's internet and blackberry/cell or even video games for kids.

And we are wondering why people are behaving in odd ways these days.....

#45620 - 20 Feb 07 22:36 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Shesca]
Shesca Offline
Member*

But to comment on the medicine to cure the addiction, I doubt if cold turkey will be it. Just limit yourself and engage yourself into non virtual activities. Slowly but surely you will limit your online time smile

#45623 - 20 Feb 07 22:48 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Shesca]
Shesca Offline
Member*

And what the hell am I doing here in JakChat?

#45624 - 20 Feb 07 22:56 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Shesca]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Shesca
And what the hell am I doing here in Jakchat?

keep posting... i think we're starting to get somewhere ... wink

#45646 - 21 Feb 07 00:40 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Shesca]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Shesca
And what the hell am I doing here in Jakchat?

at least you found your soulmate on here wink

#45660 - 21 Feb 07 03:34 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: juminten]
kucinggemuk Offline
Member+

For nwgirl :

I think JJG was right. And better if you keep going,.
and for me,.myself,.EGP if there's nobody response my posting here,. I just wanna share what I see and read and think usefull for me and others,.but if others think the thing I posted was not useful,.that's their right to ignore. They did that way I believe they have their own reasons and everyone have their each reason for to do and not to do.

Keep smiling
makes my body gemuk terus,.:)

"I am the fat cat and steady in my 70 kilos weight, no doubt"

#45663 - 21 Feb 07 04:41 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl
I don't understand what you meant and it's not your fault but my english is fuck up

The best way to learn is by trying, JJG, and that's what lots of people are doing on this website. You're putting in more effort than most foreigners do to learn Indonesian... So, fuck the mistakes and keep on posting... Anyway, maybe we can make fun of some of the mistakes. I amuse more people accidentally than deliberately that way wink

#45664 - 21 Feb 07 04:55 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Polisi Tidur]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
hummm..I keep trying to speak english..sometimes I don't care about the grammar..

yeah I learn from anyone and anywhere, not only from this site smile

#45670 - 21 Feb 07 06:20 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: juminten]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Quoting: wallet digga'
coz im one them ku...! cant live withot my ipod, cell and berry!

I am getting left behind by technology, I only recently learned how to paste a photo here. I will attach a photo just to prove it's true.

See?

So, what is the big deal about a berry then. Isn't it just a portable email device with an annoyingly small screen and tiny little keys that only a 'tikus' can operate?

And why do you need an iPod if your phone and everything else can store music?

#45711 - 21 Feb 07 14:37 Re: Best medicine to cure Email/Blackberry addiction –cold turkey [Re: Piss Salon]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Mr. Piss,
Should I explain what to do with all those?
do you carry/use your cellphone or berry to listen music when you working out at the gym or jogging on the track? (if you do,that's weird!!)

some people might need all of those for reason, and enjoy them all, and some not! big deal ! leave it alone and move on with your own life Mr.!

Moderator:  NetCop