Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45055 - 14 Feb 07 01:34 GOI/Garuda, 3 Other Airlines to Get New Aircraft
biznews Moderator Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakarta
From Government of Indonesia

Garuda, 3 Other Airlines to Get New Aircraft

Indonesian flag-carrier, Garuda Indonesia, and privately owned airlines Lion Air, Mandala Airlines and Batavia Air will bring in new aircraft to strengthen their respective fleets.

Director General for Air Transport M Iksan Tatang said Garuda will bring in a 737-800, Lion Air and Mandala Airlines a Boeing 737-900 and an Airbus A320, and Batavia Air an Airbus A320 aircraft, Antara reported on Thursday (8/2/07).

Garuda, Lion Air and Mandala will deal directly with the aircraft manufacturers, but Batavia Air will get its new aircraft through a lessor, Tatang said.

Garuda expects delivery of its new B737-800 Next Generation aircraft between August and October. The country's largest airline already operates two B737-800 NG jets serving international routes between Jakarta and Perth and China.

#45069 - 14 Feb 07 01:48 Re: GOI/Garuda, 3 Other Airlines to Get New Aircraft [Re: KuKuKaChu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
When I read this i thought the A320 was the big new bird from airbus and decided to check it via google .. the first thing that came up was this picture

Thats not a good sign!

Edited by KuKuKaChu (14 Feb 07 01:57)

#45074 - 14 Feb 07 01:58 Re: GOI/Garuda, 3 Other Airlines to Get New Aircraft [Re: chewwyUK]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
note the lufthansa logo ...

anyway, i really hope they clean it up a bit before sending it to indonesia.

Moderator:  biznews, NetCop