Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45006 - 13 Feb 07 12:42 Note to a nice JC member
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I am not going to name names but I just wanted to say to a certain member that you should not take notice of what some people post on this site. You are a member of this site and those people who have met you respect you and want you to stick around and keep adding to this site.

I am sure I am not the only person who thinks the same way and I hope that you return to this site and post again when you are ready

#45008 - 13 Feb 07 14:17 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: chewwyUK]
TeDdYBeAr Offline
Member++

Loc: Indonesia
Nice notice Chewwy smile

#45023 - 13 Feb 07 22:50 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: TeDdYBeAr]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Thank you Chewwy. I am ready to post again. your concerns have helped me immensely!

#45025 - 13 Feb 07 23:00 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: Dilli]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Mee three I meant me too. Nothing stands in my way of being top poster (inching toward it...like a slug).

#45119 - 14 Feb 07 05:13 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: doremi]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Hehe. Nwgirl said 'inch'. Nobody uses inches anymore. Unless ...

Seriously, D and C, nice, helpful, and obviously rational comments.

#45120 - 14 Feb 07 05:18 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: Piss Salon]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Should have read the post in Dewan Pujangga this morning Piss!

#45162 - 14 Feb 07 08:16 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: Dilli]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
What is "Dewan Pujangga". If it is your post that you wrote at some god awful hour this morning, that is what I was referring to.

#45163 - 14 Feb 07 08:17 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: Dilli]
Choc_Cow Offline
Member**

Loc: Di Puncak
Dilli, that's very well said. I hope those kind words can help to put out the few burning fires (in JakChat anyway).

#45171 - 14 Feb 07 09:47 Re: Note to a nice JC member [Re: chewwyUK]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: chewwyUK
I am not going to name names but I just wanted to say to a certain member that you should not take notice of what some people post on this site. You are a member of this site and those people who have met you respect you and want you to stick around and keep adding to this site.

I am sure I am not the only person who thinks the same way and I hope that you return to this site and post again when you are ready

I too had a small dialogue with someone who was really pretty hurt about some comments - actually from the little bit I know about this person , it seems that they are actually well worth while getting to know further , and didn't deserve the comments made .

Ranting at each other about such subjects as taxation/piracy and all the other benign subjects that get aired is one thing - big boys can take care of themselves - and if they can't should heed the warning at the top of the page - but as some of us become defensive when we feel that someone is taking the piss out of our home country - we would all do well to remember that we (as appropriate) are guests .

Moderator:  NetCop