Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44419 - 10 Feb 07 07:44 Happy news
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Right, I have been accused to being way too negative about Indonesia, and the rest of the world for that matter, so from today, I have started a good news thread for use by those who wish to celebrate the good there is in the world.

I don't actually have anything to post at this point in time, but I assure you all that I am thinking happy thoughts. Happy, happy, happy.

#44422 - 10 Feb 07 07:47 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

At last a happy story.

“Amsterdam's mayor has reportedly changed his mind and allowed the city's upcoming Pride festival to include a canal boat for 11 to 16 year-olds. According to the ANP news agency, the mayor, Job Cohen, had blocked the plans in late January, saying it was too risky.

A 14-year-old Danny Hoekzema came up with the idea and has conducted an Internet campaign to drum up support for his campaign, and says he has already found around 10 participants for the 30-place boat.

Gay Pride organizers had said that it would be kept well away from more "provocative" boats parading along the Dutch's city's canals and that the youngsters would be joined by their parents on board. “

Ummmmmm. Actually I am getting happy confused with gay. Scrap that.

#44426 - 10 Feb 07 07:51 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
Oh Piss, that's dissapointing news.
We like your posts just fine, keep your old self. This is the real world.

#44428 - 10 Feb 07 07:54 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Okay, let's try again. In the era of global warming, rising sea-levels and 'doomsday vaults', some countries are bucking the environmental trend, managing to save species from the brink of extinction. So here, finally, is some good news.

“Up to 100 rare Cook Strait giant weta are to be released into the wild on mainland New Zealand for the first time in over 100 years.
They are to be freed at Wellington's Karori Wildlife Sanctuary on Sunday.
It will be the first attempt to re-establish the species on the mainland since they became extinct here over a century ago, said Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Trust chief executive Nancy McIntosh-Ward.
At around 70mm long, and weighing up to 27gm, the mouse-sized insects are among the world's heaviest.”

Errrrr, actually I used to live five minutes from that particular sanctuary, and I don't think I will be returning anytime soon. If they were going to save something couldn't it have been fluffier?

#44429 - 10 Feb 07 07:58 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
More Good News:

Welfare Minister Bakrie puts our minds at ease and assures us that the floods aren't as bad as the media make it out to be AND the victims are happy and gay and laughing.

#44431 - 10 Feb 07 08:05 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

That is good news. Happy, happy, happy.

#44432 - 10 Feb 07 08:12 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Here is more.

From Benny Harman, a legislator from Herr Presiden's very own Democratic Party.

He says the people are behind the National Police and the boys in brown and suggests a novel approach to ending the violence in Poso.

"This is a country of law. Law must be upheld. The National Police is our hope to uphold the law. If there are other parties, including other law enforcers, that plays a dirty games in Poso, just arrest them and announce to the public. The people are behind the national police now," asserted Benny Harman, who comes from the Democrat Party and was formerly a reporter.

Is this a breakthrough from Commission III overseeing security?

Happy, happy, happy

#44434 - 10 Feb 07 08:38 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

More good news, but it has nothing to do with Paris Hilton.

Reebok will launch it's new line of trainers, the
PUMP PARIS TRAINER

My only question is whether or not they intend the "PUMP" to be considered a verb.

#44436 - 10 Feb 07 08:45 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

The Pump Paris Trainer features:

1. "PlayDry" moisture management technology
2. a custom fit by surrounding you with an automatic, form-fitting air chamber
3. a dual density medial post for added stability
4. a transition bridge for a smooth ride
5. one-of-a-kind Pump customization technology for a truly personalized fit and feel

I guarantee you I'm not making this up, I'm reading the company's press release now -- straight from their international HQ!

#44437 - 10 Feb 07 08:46 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Quoting: Piss Salon
Okay, let's try again. In the era of global warming, rising sea-levels and 'doomsday vaults', some countries are bucking the environmental trend, managing to save species from the brink of extinction. So here, finally, is some good news.

“Up to 100 rare Cook Strait giant weta are to be released into the wild on mainland New Zealand for the first time in over 100 years.
They are to be freed at Wellington's Karori Wildlife Sanctuary on Sunday.
It will be the first attempt to re-establish the species on the mainland since they became extinct here over a century ago, said Karori Wildlife Sanctuary Trust chief executive Nancy McIntosh-Ward.
At around 70mm long, and weighing up to 27gm, the mouse-sized insects are among the world's heaviest.”

Errrrr, actually I used to live five minutes from that particular sanctuary, and I don't think I will be returning anytime soon. If they were going to save something couldn't it have been fluffier?

That is happy news indeed. I know this isn't meant to be a an x-rated site, but here's a picture of two weta making some more weta.

"The mating process - the male (left) passes the spermatophore to the female (lasts a few minutes)."

Attachments
869-plate8.jpg

#44438 - 10 Feb 07 08:49 Re: Happy news [Re: Polisi Tidur]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

And the weta are perfect candidates for entry into the arctic doomsday vault:

"Mountain stone weta can survive being frozen for months at a time in a state of suspended animation down to temperatures of -10°C. This is because their haemolymph (the insect equivalent of blood) contains special proteins which prevent ice from forming in their cells."

It just gets happier and happier.

#44439 - 10 Feb 07 08:49 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I don't think we are on the same page, but if Paris does it for you, I am more than willing to help you find your own personal nirvana. May joy be upon you.

http://www.parisexposed.com

happy etc etc

#44440 - 10 Feb 07 08:59 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Most of us Jewish LadyBoys have never been in to Paris Hilton, and that is VERY GOOD NEWS indeed, as most Jakchatters are, in fact, Jewish LadyBoys as we discovered earlier.

#44441 - 10 Feb 07 09:03 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Riccardo, good news for Indonesians with Chinese ancestry -- the government will this week issue a special set of stamps to celebrate the Chinese Year of the Pig.

On the minus side, the set, AFP reported, will feature all 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac, with the exception of, you guessed it, the pig, which Muslims regard as unclean.

I assume that the rat hasn't been banned.

Bapak Suparman: "Pork, disgusting. How is it possible these infidels can eat the meat of pig."
Ibu Suparwoman: "Haram indeed. You hungry?"
BS: "Bakso?"

#44442 - 10 Feb 07 09:11 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Yes, I saw that AFP story in today's paper. A good laugh, and as Naga says it's really sad that so many people are 'mentally enslaved by an outdated religion' -- they can't even have fun with a festive stamp. In China, they have issued a "scratch and sniff" stamp --- smells like 'sweet n' sour pork' and it's quite cute.

#44443 - 10 Feb 07 09:18 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

This is a happy place Ricc, happy thoughts only. 'Mentally enslaved' and 'outdated' can have negative connotations. Nice pig btw. Cute. Makes me happy. And hungry.

#44444 - 10 Feb 07 09:24 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

And horny

#44455 - 10 Feb 07 11:26 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

You could replace 'mentally enslaved by an outdated religion' by 'profond believers of a everlasting religion'

It sounds positif and for the wise eyes means the same... wink

#44456 - 10 Feb 07 11:28 Re: Happy news [Re: Orang Kanada]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Much better. Have a wonderful evening.

#44461 - 10 Feb 07 11:43 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Did I ever told you I love you man!

#44462 - 10 Feb 07 11:43 Re: Happy news [Re: Orang Kanada]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

..no, it's not 'coz I'm drunk! Damn computer screen always out of focus...

#44464 - 10 Feb 07 11:56 Re: Happy news [Re: Orang Kanada]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Ummmm. Thanks.

#44467 - 10 Feb 07 12:33 Re: Happy news [Re: Piss Salon]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Happy and Gay, happy and gay....

#44472 - 10 Feb 07 13:05 Re: Happy news [Re: riccardo]
Polisi Tidur Offline
Member+

Here's some more happy news. I've just learnt of the existence of a great job description:

".. said KY coordinator for inter-institution relations Soekotjo Soeparto on Friday"

Now is that sponsored by KY? I'd like to be the KY coordinator smoothing relations between various institutions like ... the women's beach volleyball institute and the nursing studies program, for example.

#44550 - 11 Feb 07 04:09 Re: Happy news [Re: Polisi Tidur]
doremi Offline
Member+++

Loc: slouch couch
How about this one:

Malaysia is to “start a toilet revolution”.
Have complaints about dirty, stinking toilets? Try SMS. Now that’s HAPPY HAPPY news for Malaysians ( in the meantime, we the people of Indonesia will have to suffer our stinking public restrooms---UNHAPPY news)

Edited by nwgirl (11 Feb 07 04:50)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop