Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43941 - 08 Feb 07 08:56 Relationships
Queenie Offline
Member++

Loc: Earth
Whats the secret for a lifetime relationship?

#43942 - 08 Feb 07 08:57 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
bonita Offline
Member+++

Loc: at my desk
only God knows... and perhaps ones who have said the vow.

#43954 - 08 Feb 07 09:50 Re: Relationships [Re: bonita]
Darling Offline

Loc: Bandung
Learn to understand each other better throughout your life. If you have given up trying to understand your partner, then the relationship will end. That's the key of a life time long relationship.

#43958 - 08 Feb 07 09:57 Re: Relationships [Re: Darling]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
How about bule and pribumi then darling ? is your advice still valid for the girls who can't get satisfaction from local guys.

Did you find that the girls flocked to you when you came back to Indo ? No ? why was that then ?

#43960 - 08 Feb 07 09:57 Re: Relationships [Re: Darling]
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
Care to each other

#43962 - 08 Feb 07 09:59 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Queenie

Tell her you have a lot of money, but you are mean, then pay her only a small allowance. She will stick with you for ever hoping one day to get the cash.

#43963 - 08 Feb 07 10:00 Re: Relationships [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Darling Offline

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
How about bule and pribumi then darling ? is your advice still valid for the girls who can't get satisfaction from local guys.

Did you find that the girls flocked to you when you came back to Indo ? No ? why was that then ?

Wow, Capt. Follow me all the way ya?

I am a girl. How many times do I have to convince you re that?

#43965 - 08 Feb 07 10:07 Re: Relationships [Re: Darling]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

If you were , then I reckon that your gripe with bules is that the cheque bounced.

#43967 - 08 Feb 07 10:29 Re: Relationships [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Queenie Offline
Member++

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring

I have a Q lol Does Indonesian guys have a small one?? lol
I've heard that somewhere but i couldnt believe it lol

#43969 - 08 Feb 07 10:30 Re: Relationships [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Darling Offline

It's check, dear, not cheque smile

#43975 - 08 Feb 07 10:54 Re: Relationships [Re: Darling]
terranova Offline
Member+

Loc: Jakarta
i have no the right answer but some says when you feel peaceful heart with him or her.

hope we will find our peaceful in one we love.... smile

smile

#43976 - 08 Feb 07 10:57 Re: Relationships [Re: Darling]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Darling
It's check, dear, not cheque smile

With the greatest respect - it is my language that you are having for breakfast - the word is Cheque - and that is final.

#43977 - 08 Feb 07 10:59 Re: Relationships [Re: terranova]
Crystal Offline
Member+

Loc: Indonesia
L O V E

#43987 - 08 Feb 07 12:44 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
Shesca Offline
Member*

One thing that I learned from a failed relationship which I thought would be a lifetime one, is that when you think you win, you might actually lose, and when you think you lose, you might actually win. Remember, no matter who you are with, you will go through the EXACT SAME problems (that according to my friends smile And I found it to be true. NOt based on a PERSONAL experience smile ). Therefore, when you think you had found the one, stick with him/her for the rest of your life. I think what we said out loud during a wedding ceremony is actually something that was meant for EVERY marriage: to go through sickness and health, till death do us part ....

So beautiful....

#43989 - 08 Feb 07 12:54 Re: Relationships [Re: Shesca]
Queenie Offline
Member++

Quoting: Shesca

One thing that I learned from a failed relationship which I thought would be a lifetime one, is that when you think you win, you might actually lose, and when you think you lose, you might actually win. Remember, no matter who you are with, you will go through the EXACT SAME problems (that according to my friends smile And I found it to be true. NOt based on a PERSONAL experience smile ). Therefore, when you think you had found the one, stick with him/her for the rest of your life. I think what we said out loud during a wedding ceremony is actually something that was meant for EVERY marriage: to go through sickness and health, till death do us part ....

So beautiful....

It is beautiful but i wonder why we cant be married for a lifetime... We marry cuz we are in love, everything looks perfect and we only want to be with this guy/girl but one day we wake up and the love gone... how is that possible??

#43993 - 08 Feb 07 13:06 Re: Relationships [Re: Polar Bear]
Crystal Offline
Member+

Quoting: Polar Bear

Tell her you have a lot of money, but you are mean, then pay her only a small allowance. She will stick with you for ever hoping one day to get the cash.

That will surely backfire. I know a rich guy like that. All his girls are gone. And he is alone.

#43994 - 08 Feb 07 13:10 Re: Relationships [Re: Crystal]
Queenie Offline
Member++

Quoting: Crystal
Quoting: Polar Bear

That will surely backfire. I know a rich guy like that. All his girls are gone. And he is alone.

What his name?? so no one will get close him lol

#43996 - 08 Feb 07 13:34 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
FrEzZo Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
TRUST
coz love will never survive without trust
coz relationship will not last without trust
Relationship can be build start from trust, and from there it will grow love. And to make love stronger, you must have his trust and you have to trust him. Too bad, a lot of people in this world taking advantage from the people who trust them.

#44003 - 08 Feb 07 14:47 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
Trust and understand each other smile And what will happends next only GOD know!

#44029 - 08 Feb 07 21:45 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: Shesca

So beautiful....

It is beautiful but i wonder why we cant be married for a lifetime... We marry cuz we are in love, everything looks perfect and we only want to be with this guy/girl but one day we wake up and the love gone... how is that possible??

Queenie, another piece of advice for you from myself: love only CANNOT create a lifetime endurance towards all the storms and thunder that visit our lives. It is something BEYOND love that would help us to go through it. And it is called (as many of the members above pointed out already) trust and understanding.

When we are trusted, we would tend to feel guilty when we break the trust. And no matter what we do, we will always go back to the right path.

Understanding will put ourselves in our partners' shoes, and that will also bring us back to our partners.

The love that you are talking about, that fades away over time, is more like first stage of infatuation. The feeling that will go away after several years because of what you once seen as something special from your partners, have become habitual, routinity so much that it becomes something you no longer appreciate. You will however appreciate this again once you lose it. Just like the saying, "doesnt it always seem to go that you dont know what you have till its gone....?"

Believe me, it is the same cycle for every man that you will fall in love with. And at the end, if you keep on following your so called "love" you might end up in God knows how many marriages and divorces smile

#44032 - 08 Feb 07 21:57 Re: Relationships [Re: Shesca]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

On the other hand Queen, if girls made an effort men would stick around......

To many girls think they are special:

They can have an endless series of “men friends”, and say “Oh its ok, I don’t fancy them”.

They can flirt all night with everyone, and say – “Hey I am just having fun”

Then can hand their phone numbers out to every guy they meet and say “Hey, they may be good business contacts”

But if a GUY does it…..

#44042 - 08 Feb 07 23:01 Re: Relationships [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

In the most basic of societies women are the carers and the child bearers. Men are the hunters and the protectors. Echoes of this prehistoric division of duties still exist today. Women of course still have children, they also tend towards caring for the children and caring for the husband. In general Mendes still go out to work and earn the majority of the family income. When there is a strange noise in the night The man is expected to get out of bed and investigate, whilst the woman cowers under the sheets.

Unfortunately there is some age dependency upon these roles. Women cease the ability for easy childbirth at about 45, and begin to lose sexual attraction at about twenty.

Men on the other hand have increasing salary up until to the age of about 55 or 60. They retain their hunter and protect the status for a further 30 or 40 years.

If we map these two timelines onto a relationship we will see that in the early stages, when both members of the couple are say twenty years old, the male earns a relatively small income and is not highly regarded within the tribe. The female is at the peak of a sexual attraction and has the interest of all male members of the tribe.

By the age of 30 the male is earning a reasonable income, is moving up in his career and has become respected by his peers in the tribe. He’s seen as a potential leader, and is being invited into power groups. The female has had two children and her body shows all signs of it. Her looks are now fading, she’s no longer as sexually attractive as before. She’s respected within the tribe because she has produced two more offspring, not for her looks.

By the age of 40 the male is in his prime. Strong and confident, he is wealthy and powerful. He’s a leader of a component of the tribe, and is looked up to for advice and for protection. The young twenty year old girls in the tribe desire his attention and protection. He starts to have relationships with them.

The female at 40 is in a very difficult position the children on now grown up and are virtually self sufficient within the tribe. Indeed the female children And now competing for the attention of all the 40 year old males. Thus the child rearing role has disappeared for the female. At the same time she has lost all of her looks and her sexual allure.

If the female can hold on to her husband for a further ten years the marriage may survive, however the chances of the attraction of a younger female will pull him away from the relationship.

So goes read this carefully enjoy your time while you’re a twenty year old. Your looks are good and your breasts don’t sag, and there are no lines around your eyes or wrinkles on your forehead. Because you’re going to end up a 40 year old woman one day…..

#44043 - 08 Feb 07 23:01 Re: Relationships [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

In the most basic of societies women are the carers and the child bearers. Men are the hunters and the protectors. Echoes of this prehistoric division of duties still exist today. Women of course still have children, they also tend towards caring for the children and caring for the husband. In general Mendes still go out to work and earn the majority of the family income. When there is a strange noise in the night The man is expected to get out of bed and investigate, whilst the woman cowers under the sheets.

Unfortunately there is some age dependency upon these roles. Women cease the ability for easy childbirth at about 45, and begin to lose sexual attraction at about twenty.

Men on the other hand have increasing salary up until to the age of about 55 or 60. They retain their hunter and protect the status for a further 30 or 40 years.

If we map these two timelines onto a relationship we will see that in the early stages, when both members of the couple are say twenty years old, the male earns a relatively small income and is not highly regarded within the tribe. The female is at the peak of a sexual attraction and has the interest of all male members of the tribe.

By the age of 30 the male is earning a reasonable income, is moving up in his career and has become respected by his peers in the tribe. He’s seen as a potential leader, and is being invited into power groups. The female has had two children and her body shows all signs of it. Her looks are now fading, she’s no longer as sexually attractive as before. She’s respected within the tribe because she has produced two more offspring, not for her looks.

By the age of 40 the male is in his prime. Strong and confident, he is wealthy and powerful. He’s a leader of a component of the tribe, and is looked up to for advice and for protection. The young twenty year old girls in the tribe desire his attention and protection. He starts to have relationships with them.

The female at 40 is in a very difficult position the children on now grown up and are virtually self sufficient within the tribe. Indeed the female children And now competing for the attention of all the 40 year old males. Thus the child rearing role has disappeared for the female. At the same time she has lost all of her looks and her sexual allure.

If the female can hold on to her husband for a further ten years the marriage may survive, however the chances of the attraction of a younger female will pull him away from the relationship.

So goes read this carefully enjoy your time while you’re a twenty year old. Your looks are good and your breasts don’t sag, and there are no lines around your eyes or wrinkles on your forehead. Because you’re going to end up a 40 year old woman one day…..

#44055 - 09 Feb 07 00:18 Re: Relationships [Re: Queenie]
Diyu Offline
Member+++

Loc: new zealand

Don,t have one

#44078 - 09 Feb 07 01:37 Re: Relationships [Re: Diyu]
TeDdYBeAr Offline
Member++

ouuuchh I thought you have that cute baby as your avatar ?? wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop