Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42196 - 27 Jan 07 13:39 Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...)
abie Offline
Member+

Loc: batam, indonesia
hi all of you..how are you?
may i know what do you think about our celebrity?

#42269 - 28 Jan 07 02:09 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: abie]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Who might "our celebrity" be??

#42270 - 28 Jan 07 02:10 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I think the language barrier remains unbroken here.

I presume the question is in regards to the numerous Indonesian celebrities who entertain the masses!

#42280 - 28 Jan 07 02:46 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I'm sure this isn't a current affair or event, but what the heck... here goes abie. The ONLY local celeb with any talent at all is Anggun. She's also the ONLY person here I've ever heard who can carry a tune and stay on key.

#42299 - 28 Jan 07 07:45 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: riccardo]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

I have many CDs to suggest to you Ricc... many Indonesian singers/bands can eat Americans bands for breakfest.

For the actors and comedians, I can't watch Indonesian TV for more than 5 minutes... whatever it's a comedy or drama, all they seems to do is yelling.

Can I say I'm more then tired to see the shobiz TV shows trying to show us "how good muslim" is him or her, etc.

#42300 - 28 Jan 07 07:47 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Orang Kanada]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

...what a strange way to post a new topic, Abie...

Can I suggest you to start in the Free-for-all? It's the place to be weird... that's why I personaly post there all the time!!! wink Cheers.

#42305 - 28 Jan 07 09:23 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Orang Kanada]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Riccardo can't spell weird. Was pointed out by Dutch Guy.

#42308 - 28 Jan 07 11:07 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: riccardo]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: riccardo
I'm sure this isn't a current affair or event, but what the heck... here goes abie. The ONLY local celeb with any talent at all is Anggun. She's also the ONLY person here I've ever heard who can carry a tune and stay on key.

YOu can't be serious, right, Riccardo?
Anggun is talented and has a unique voice. But she has a GREAT LUCK. She was at the right place at the right time with the right talent coach. I agree with OK regarding the Indo musician and TOTALLY agree with him also in regards to the crappy TV programs. Some are okay, but they are MOSTLY just basically the same thing. Which can be understandable in a way since they target the general public of Indonesia who LOVE such entertainment. Those that are easy to understand although some of us feel quite unentertained by them.

#42309 - 28 Jan 07 11:15 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Roy's Hair]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Quoting: Roy's hair

Not entirely true - the source that Riccardo ^C^V from could not spell weird - amazing that !

#42312 - 28 Jan 07 13:39 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Capt. Mainwaring
Quoting: Roy's hair

Not entirely true - the source that Riccardo ^C^V from could not spell weird - amazing that !

What are you guys talking about??!! I've never misspelled a word in my life. As the great Leon Spinks once said, "i'z gots a 'photogenic' memory an' shit..."

Spell-check software developers consulted ME to tell the friggin' computers what was wrong and right.

And Shes, great luck or not, she's the only one I've heard that actually knows how to sing, even just carrying a tune, which I learned as a 5-year-old in the Sunday School Choir.

#42357 - 29 Jan 07 02:47 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: riccardo]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Ricc:
Seems like we are in disagreements quite a lot nowadays. haha...
Not on purpose, dont worry.
Well, I guess what you are saying about Anggun is like giving the same comment to Whitney Houston. NOBODY WILL AGREE ABOUT SUCH COMMENTS. But of course it all depends on how much you are into Indoensian music. Doesnt look like you are very much into it.

Edited by Shesca (29 Jan 07 02:47)

#42363 - 29 Jan 07 03:55 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Shesca]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

No disagreements, just robust discussion. But I will agree with you wholeheartedly that I'm not into Indonesian music, however, that's largely because their singing voices hurt my ears so I don't even listen to anyone now.

The great irony in this is a group of bule idiots, including myself, are putting together a silly novelty band called "Bule Dangdut" and will do a couple of Dangdut songs -- Orang Kanada might join too. I'll reserve judgment on our singer, for now, as he's a bit sensitive and often reads JakChat.

#42364 - 29 Jan 07 03:59 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

What are you playing Ricci?

#42366 - 29 Jan 07 04:15 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

In English we might call them bongo drums, technically, in Dangdut parlance they're called something that sounds like "tak dut". I don't know if I'll follow through with it, but at the moment it's just a decent excuse to get together and drink beer at 2pm in the afternoon. You interested Dill? We need a bass player. O.K. has been asked to play bass, but don't know if he's decided or not.
Which reminds me, gotta go drink some beer now... er I meant rehearse.

#42369 - 29 Jan 07 04:58 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Thanks for the offer, dont play in public anymore...I'll keep my ears open when it has been recorded!

#42385 - 29 Jan 07 08:54 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I think you guys were a bit hard on Abie, who struggled to put a question together to strart a new topic.

we should encourage and reward her efforts. we all know what the question was....... frown

#42522 - 30 Jan 07 13:06 Re: Celebrity and they are Bullshit ( hehehe...) [Re: Orang Kanada]
abie Offline
Member+

Loc: batam, indonesia
Okey..and thanks

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop