Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42177 - 27 Jan 07 07:53 NEW BIZ MAGAZINE
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
A new business Magazine has hit the streets in Indonesia. It's called GLOBE-Asia and it's in English. I just finished reading it. It has a strong focus on personalities in the Indonesian business elite and some serious heavy-hitters as contributing Editors/analysts, such as James Castle and James Van Zorge et al.. The Deputy Ed. in Chief is Reiner Simanjuntak, the JP's former business editor and top-notch guy.

Has a list price of Rp25,000 and will come out monthly. Seems like a winner, they've already got some big-time ads. I hope it stays up to the standard of this first issue and does well. All in all, a thumbs up from moi....

#42178 - 27 Jan 07 07:56 Re: NEW BIZ MAGAZINE [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

I just found their website, but it only has contact numbers at present...
www.globeasia.com

#42182 - 27 Jan 07 08:55 Re: NEW BIZ MAGAZINE [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
seems certain local journalists (or wanna-bes) aren't at all impressed with this new publication, choosing to focus on their use of "popular" figures in their editorial line-up and in their promotions.

clearly some noses got put out of joint ...

this magazine, you may recall, was to have been Forbes Indoensia, but Forbes pulled out for unspecified reasons.

#42183 - 27 Jan 07 09:17 Re: NEW BIZ MAGAZINE [Re: KuKuKaChu]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

No, I didn't hear that part of the story about Forbes, Kuku. Any more info or gossip as to what those "unspecified reasons" are?

#42186 - 27 Jan 07 10:12 Re: NEW BIZ MAGAZINE [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: riccardo
No, I didn't hear that part of the story about Forbes, Kuku. Any more info or gossip as to what those "unspecified reasons" are?

see http://www.jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads...=true#Post38355 for one blogger's account.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop