Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41971 - 26 Jan 07 00:28 singapore
Yes Offline
Member++

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
I will be in singapore for 5 days in early febuary, i wanted to ask if anyone new of some places to stay that are relatively cheap, aslo if anyone can recomend some things i should see or places to eat.

#41972 - 26 Jan 07 00:37 Re: singapore [Re: Yes]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Not sure about places to stay but things to do .....

There is a very nice place called Orchard Tower. Located on the Famous Orchard Road it is otherwise known as "Four Floors of Whores". Many fine establishments packed with women and if the reports I have heard are anything to go by the higher the floor the more expensive the .....

While I have not been here I have heard it is a good place to visit

Also I would go to the night zoo .... I like animals so I always enjoy it there. Walk - do not take the tour bus

Robertson Quay and Clark Quay should be samples .. good bars and restaurants at both

#41979 - 26 Jan 07 01:30 Re: singapore [Re: chewwyUK]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
go to asiarooms.com

plenty of hotel reviews from expensive to cheapish....

go to 'lau pa sat'...huge outdoors hawker centre with plenty of cheap good quality makanan

Also, try 'Newton Circus'..similar hawker centre....all open 24hrs

for 'recreation'...the night zoo is cool..check it out

for other forms of relaxation...try "geylang"...old red-light district with heaps of street walkers and brothels, many different variety of ayam, cheaper than OT, but buyer beware...plenty of dirty scrags up there too, it's just as popular for Bangladeshi labourers as it is for Singaporean investment bankers...

OT is great fun, although it is slowly becoming seedier and seedier, heaps of trannies and Vietnamese birds now...downstairs heaps of Filipinas, not so many Thai girls anymore, a few Indonesians, just go in, wander about and explore

Sg is a great place, just look around and you'll have fun

#41980 - 26 Jan 07 01:34 Re: singapore [Re: chewwyUK]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Julian, I have a cute but chubby (HUGE TITS) ex GF in Singapore called Sharon. She will sohw you the sights and shag you to death for free. Best BJ I ever had. I can PM you her contact details if you want (plus a photo).

#41988 - 26 Jan 07 02:23 Re: singapore [Re: chewwyUK]
Just Offline
Member+++

Loc: Obviously not your place!
I love Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay! They're the best place to hang out for me as I don't really do shopping! Nightlife... try Zouk at Mohammed Sultan .. many people likes it there.

#42023 - 26 Jan 07 09:04 Re: singapore [Re: Just]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Gaylang. Cheep and seedy. Don't get it confused with Gayland. The two offer completely different experiences.

If you want to hang out with backpackers and try to knob podgy brit girls, try Prince of Wales hostel in Little India. (great food nearby also).

Clubs are great but drugs are extremely difficult to find. Best to take your own.

#42025 - 26 Jan 07 09:10 Re: singapore [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
Clubs are great but drugs are extremely difficult to find. Best to take your own.

gee piss, you're just full of helpful tips.

#42027 - 26 Jan 07 09:20 Re: singapore [Re: KuKuKaChu]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
I suggestion is Bengkulen Road, a lot backpackers for stay lol! And go to china town a lot of things to see and eats thats quite cheap lol!
Cheers.

Edited by dolphin (26 Jan 07 09:23)

#42082 - 26 Jan 07 15:38 Re: singapore [Re: dolphin]
Orang Kanada Offline
Member*

Call me kitsch, but I liked the zoo. I spent an whole day there. Suppose to be one the greatest in Asia... all I know is I loved it. I loved watching the monkeys... it's like a living mirror. (I still laugh somtimes remembering that chimp making fingers to everybody)

#42098 - 26 Jan 07 23:03 Re: singapore [Re: Orang Kanada]
jok Offline
Member**

I have no suggestions for you Julian because i live in the expensive zone when i was living in Singapore, so, so sorry, i can't help you on this one smile smile

#42100 - 26 Jan 07 23:09 Re: singapore [Re: jok]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I'm with Chewwy, Four Floors of Whores, best laugh you can have in the antiseptically clean conutry where it looks like they may have executed a 21 year old Nigerian for drug smuggling this morning (Ignore Pisses advice on the subject)

Apparently, for his last meal he requested Chewing Gum.

#42101 - 26 Jan 07 23:09 Re: singapore [Re: jok]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Ela_K3000
I have no suggestions for you Julian because i live in the expensive zone when i was living in Singapore, so, so sorry, i can't help you on this one smile smile

ela's an expensive girl ...

#42102 - 26 Jan 07 23:11 Re: singapore [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

I am also high maintenance, unless of course I move my local bar to Jalan Jaksa!

#42103 - 26 Jan 07 23:12 Re: singapore [Re: Dilli]
jok Offline
Member**

Haha! smile

#42193 - 27 Jan 07 11:32 Re: singapore [Re: jok]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Btw, Singapore is expensive than Indonesia lol

#42246 - 28 Jan 07 00:15 Re: singapore [Re: dolphin]
D'ruby Offline
Pujangga

Loc: My
It's boring

#42275 - 28 Jan 07 02:34 Re: singapore [Re: D'ruby]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: D'ruby
It's boring

Not anymore! Shesca was saying the same thing in another thread, but they've been working real hard at shedding that "boring" label. And it has become a veritable playground for people with any interest. Reputation and current reality are two different animals. It's just like this tired observation that is now totally false "jalan Jaksa is full of whores, drugs and backpackers..." You would be hard pressed to find any of those things on jaksa, probably easier to find those things at the FPI headquarters on Jl. petamburan.

Anyway... Here are some long articles from a magazine about Singapore's hip new scene.... One is from the December edition so it talks about clubs for New Year's Eve parties but you will get the idea ...

---------------------------------------
FEBRUARY EDITION
Scene: Singapore
It’s less than two hours away (from Jakarta), and more fun than ever before. Get up to scratch on how to live it up in Singapore. By FRAN LEE

Food is at the forefront this month, in keeping with this being the magazine’s International Cuisine issue. Which bodes well for this section, as food is a favourite subject among Singaporeans. Eating is a treasured pastime and one can easily recognise this by the fact that restaurants, hawker stalls and food courts are packed at all hours of the day and night.
This month, we highlight two food stops that promise totally different dining experiences – Xi Yan was a well-kept secret until fans just couldn’t keep a lid on its delightful concept and even more impressive spread any longer; the Hong Kong restaurant gained quick popularity through word of mouth and soon enough the local media was on board. Meanwhile the Tiong Bahru Market, an iconic hawker centre and happy recipient of a S$16.8 mil makeover after 50 years, continues to serve up some of the city’s best hawker treats.

EAT

Xi Yan
Xi Yan sits on the second floor of a nondescript two-storey shop house on Craig Road in Chinatown. You won’t see any signs pointing to the restaurant, nor is there a large neon sign outside its windows announcing its location. Indeed, Xi Yan, unlike most restaurants, needn’t bother with attracting walk-ins. The clientele that comes here to feast are privileged guests who have managed to reserve a spot at its 50-seat (5 tables seating 10) space, despite its month-long waiting list.
The ultra-private restaurant was started by two Hongkongers, who brought the successful concept here after success with their restaurant in Wanchai. Their original restaurant was part of a trend during the economic slump where private dining places in small apartment flats serving exquisite cuisine gave big restaurants and their ubiquitous spread a run for their money.
The concept is brilliant – dining here is reservation-only and dinner starts at 7:30 p.m. sharp. There is no menu from which you can choose what to eat; you eat what you’re served, and that most often means a 13-course Asian Fusion feast. The dishes – such as Japanese tomatoes in a sesame-vinegar sauce, spicy Sichuan chicken, served with preserved egg and vermicelli, roast pig cheek with lime – vary according to the chef’s fancy, but several signature dishes are mainstays on the menu. Dining is elevated to a precise art form here, from the preparation of dishes to the manner and order in which they are served; presentation is flawless and flavours and textures do not clash from one dish to the next. Be prepared to spend about three hours here too; good food cannot be rushed after all, and service is paced such that that you properly get to savour every delicious morsel on your plate.
S$80 per person
38A Craig Road; Tel: (65) 6220 3546 Closed on Mondays

Tiong Bahru Market
Before: You’d think its dingy, grimy and smoky surroundings would keep the crowds at bay. Wrong. The 51-year-old Tiong Bahru Market, has for decades, been thronged by locals who don’t mind working up a sweat, waiting for a seat or joining the long food queues. Those who do mind, escape the fumes by stopping by for a quick takeaway. This iconic hawker centre is home to some of the most famous food stalls in Asia and you’ll be hard pressed to find a local who won’t agree that these eateries are synonymous with the country’s best fried kway teow, chwee kuey, lor mee and pau.
After: Foodies who’d previously avoided the market’s stuffy surroundings are pleased. Unveiled early last year, the new Tiong Bahru Market is now a three-storey complex complete with open spaces, high ceilings, spacious walkways and even lifts and escalators. On the first floor sits the wet market stalls while, hawker delights – all 84 stalls worth – enjoy pride of place on the second storey. Old school sticklers can still take heart in the fact that good ol’ favourites are still here, and that prices haven’t increased in spite of the snazzy, swank surroundings. Try the Tiong Bahru Fried Kway Teow where a S$2 plate will fill you up with eggs, fishcake, cockles, Chinese sausages and bean sprouts.
Kim Poh Road

SHOP

Different stroke

Soul-less shopping malls are a dime a dozen but if you’re hankering for a shopping experience that’ll unearth fine finds, head to the Icon@Bugis Point.
What: A six-storey building housing 88 delightful stores hawking everything from designer tees and vintage dresses, accessories and electronic devices to tattoos and manicures. Conceptualised by five experienced retailers who leased units to first time entrepreneurs and budding businesses, the Icon is reminiscent of the edgy youth-centered, albeit cramped shopping buildings in Hong Kong. Our tip: take the lift right up to the sixth storey and work your way down. Navigate narrow corridors and trawl the range of eclectic stores on every storey. The vibe here is casual and laid-back, so take your time trawling through the different floors and its various offerings. Each funkier than the next, the shops and their quirky décor and window displays provide fodder for the eyes even if you’re not planning to buy anything.
Check out: A café on Level 6 provides respite from a hard day’s shopping and a Rooftop Garden one floor up offers up a breath of fresh air.
Where: 530 North Bridge Road, opposite Bugis Junction

STAY
Top travel magazines showed the Fullerton Hotel much love in 2006. It’s time we did too.
Nice work if you can nab a room at this five-star luxury abode. The Fullerton climbed the hot hotels stakes in no less than three international travel titles last year. And why not too? The 400-room hotel enjoys a prime spot near the bustling entertainment belts of Boat Quay and Clarke Quay and lies a stone’s throw away from the Esplanade and the business district. It boasts a rich heritage too; history buffs may take heart in the fact that the 1928 building used to house the General Post Office, the Singapore Club and the Chamber of Commerce. What else about the hotel tickles the fancy of even the most well-travelled guests? State-of-the-art facilities such as a 24-hour Financial Centre with the Bloomberg Professional Service, wireless broadband throughout the hotel as well as a staple of highly acclaimed restaurants, with award-winning Italian fine-dining restaurant Saint Marco leading the charge. Like we said, nice work, if you can get it.
1 Fullerton Square, Tel (65) 6733 8388, www.fullertonhotel.com

SPLURGE!
Quay notes
Do you hate the long trudge from the plane to immigration, and then the queues at immigration? Set foot into Singapore in style at JetQuay, Asia’s first luxury terminal at Changi Airport and you’ll encounter none of those hairy hassles. A limousine picks you up off the tarmac once you land and takes you to the 2,000 sq m stand-alone terminal, which features its own private immigration and custom counters, as well as a range of facilities including a business centre, spa, showers, a restaurant and even nap rooms. These exclusive privileges come with a hefty price tag though. A one-time membership fee of S$1000 and an annual fee of S$1000 apply. On top of that, members pay anything from S$50 to another S$1000 depending on the services they wish to enjoy each time they fly. That limousine to take you from the tarmac to the terminal, including the use of JetQuay’s facilities, for instance, will cost you another grand. Corporate memberships are also available.
www.jetquay.com.sg

#42276 - 28 Jan 07 02:37 Re: singapore [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

DECEMBER EDITION

SCENE: SINGAPORE

BY FRAN LEE

PARTY
Things are heating up on Singapore’s party scene. Hard partying hedonists, take heed.

Come year’s end, there won’t be a shortage of party-hearty places for you to kick up your heels. Staid and sterile Singapore? Not quite, considering its bid to become the region’s clubbing capital. The talk’s backed up by plenty of money – over S$48 million has been pumped into the nightlife scene this year – and the results are clearly evident.

At this time last year, the city welcomed UK dance club Ministry of Sound to its Clarke Quay stables, an entertainment precinct boasting numerous F&B and clubbing options for the party set. This year, no less than three international brand names, and even more home-grown concepts are getting clubbers trippin’ and hot under the collar.

Here, we shine the spotlight on two of the largest players that’ll be giving you plenty reason to cheer this Christmas and New Year season.

St James Power Station
www.stjamespowerstation.com
Where: 3 Sentosa Gateway, near Harbour Front MRT Station and Vivo City
What: Costing S$40 million and two years in the making, this disused coal power station, built in 1927, opened two months ago, debuting new world music club Movida. Since then, four more clubs have joined the festive fray and by year’s end, the expansive 60,000 sq ft space will be home to a total of nine (!) party spots.
The hype: There’s something for everyone at this one-stop party haven. African, South American and Middle Eastern beats rule at Movida, as does a live 8-piece set from Cuba. If Mandopop and karaoke is your thing, head for Dragonfly and Mono, respectively. For a touch of old school, Bellini Room brings on smooth jazz, big band and swing sounds. Not ready to call it a night? Give your feet a rest at The Gallery Bar and enjoy a bird’s eye view of all the other outlets. Or, catch a breather at The Peppermint Park, the outdoor pub that promises more stunning views. Come December, live music venue The Boiler Room, chill out spot The Lobby Bar and dance club Powerhouse, also St James’ largest outlet, adds more pow to your party experience in Singapore.

The Cannery
www.the-cannery.com
Where: Blk 3C, Clarke Quay, River Valley Road
What: When the Ministry of Sound opened at The Cannery – an 80,000 sq ft concept space – in Clarke Quay last year, management team LifeBrandz promised bigger and more exciting things in store. They’ve kept their promise, and will debut five more hip haunts by year’s end.
The hype: Kandi, the club inspired by UK house music label Hed Kandi, promises to be a sexy, soulful hangout for the suitably stylish. Expect international DJs on the deck and for your dancing shoes, infiniti mirror dance floors. Meanwhile, fashion rules at FBar, where blinged-out interiors and runway shows are bound to be sheer head turners. Supper club Barfly, by Buddha Bar creator Raymond Visan, serves up a swank, sophisticated and sumptuous fare at its sushi bar. And, if you want to drink and dine with a difference, head to The Clinic, where drinks served in test tubes and drips, and food on surgical trays, are par for the course. For less adventurous appetites, there is the Italian bistro BICE for your pasta and pizza fixes.

Life’s a Beach

If you like the sand between your toes and the breeze in your hair, head out to island-resort Sentosa for your year-end soiree.

Zoukout The annual beach dance festival, now in its sixth year, takes place on Sentosa’s Siloso Beach on 8 Dec, from 8pm to 8am. Dance die-hards can look forward to four music arenas pumping everything from house and trance to hip-hop and indie on the 58,000 sq ft stage. An impressive line-up of international DJs and acts, including Ferry Corsten, Steve Lawler, Soulwax, Matthew Dekay, Jazzy Jeff and more awaits.
For more details and ticket information, visit www.zoukout.com

Café Del Mar-- Say hola! to the famed bar from the Spanish island of Ibiza when it debuts in Singapore in December. Located on Sentosa’s Siloso Beach, the iconic bar and its brand of chill-out music is tipped to be the sexiest hot spot on the scene, complete with a bungalow and dipping pool, as well as tantalising Tapas and Degustation menus. Don’t forget to clear you calendar for New Year’s Eve – the bar is currently planning a fiesta grande to shimmy and shake and welcome in 2007 in style.
For updates, visit www.cafedelmar.com.sg

----------------------------------------------------------
STAY
New Majestic Hotel
There’s no better time than the Christmas season to give thanks for little miracles in our midst – like this design wonder that is the New Majestic Hotel. Dealing a deft blow to ubiquitous hotel chains with its one-of-a-kind concept and daring design, this boutique hotel opened earlier this year and was an immediate hit with both local and international media.

The Concept Old world is given an updated look and a fresh lease of life with swanky interiors. The hotel, located in the heart of Chinatown, has each of its 30 rooms individually designed by Singaporean artists and designers.

The People Behind It: Hotelier Loh Lik Peng, who is also responsible for the ultra-hip Hotel 1929, another boutique accommodation located in the same ethnic precinct.

The Rooms: All of them feature flooring in Burmese teak, and mosaic-tiled showers. The highlights among the 30 rooms however, are spaces such as the ‘Mirror Room’, which is decked out with mirrors, so you can check out your reflection from every angle. In the split-level ‘Loft Room’, you’ll find your beds on the upper deck, and twin bathtubs on the lower one!

The Restaurant:
The hotel’s Majestic Restaurant has garnered considerable ink in its own right. Helmed by award-winning chef Yong Bing Ngen, who also spent time as Executive Chinese chef at Pan Pacific Hotel’s Hai Tien Lo, the cuisine is modern Cantonese. Expect fine touches like Peking duck paired with pan-seared foie gras and crispy wasabi prawns. If you can tear yourself away from the spread on your plate, the restaurant’s ceiling sports several portholes through which you can see the hotel’s swimming pool upstairs.

31-37 Bukit Pasoh, (65 65114700), www.newmajestichotel.com
Standard room rates start at $180, suite rates start at $500.

On offer from 13 November onwards, the 30-room New Majestic Hotel, located in the heart of Singapore’s Chinatown, is offering a Simply Majestic two-night package in its ‘Aquarium’ room for Sin$498+++ for two.
Guestrooms at the New Majestic Hotel, all of which are different in design, offer an appealing blend of contemporary style together with both modern and vintage fittings.
The ‘Aquarium’ room displays its unique style through a glass-encased central bathtub feature as the focal point of the room. Upon entering the room, the bathtub 'Aquarium' offers a visual window through to a King-sized bed, balcony and views beyond.
The ‘Aquarium’ room comes complete with complimentary wireless internet access, but if you’d rather get out and about, a complimentary city tour for two is also included.
In addition, Simply Majestic also includes a one-way limo transfer to or from the airport and complimentary breakfast at Majestic Restaurant. The elegant, contemporary Chinese restaurant, seating up to 100 diners, is located on the lobby level of the hotel and once again revives a great Singapore institution: the original Majestic Restaurant, in the same location, was a favourite Singaporean dining spot for decades.
The following peak dates are excluded from the offer – 22 to 26 Dec 2006, 30 Dec 2006 to 2 Jan 2007.

SHOP!
Haji Lane
Pictures courtesy of Singapore Tourism Board
Mega malls and glitzy shopping centres are a dime-a-dozen anywhere in the world. To enjoy a retail experience that’s truly unique, troop down to Haji Lane, a quaint locale in the ethnic precinct of Kampong Glam. The narrow lane and its worn and weathered shop houses may not look like much at first sight, but spend some time pounding the pavement and precious sights will introduce themselves to you. The hip quotient runs high here, especially in many of the shops that boast killer décor and hawk everything from designer wear to vintage stuff – indeed, the area’s gaining a reputation for being one of the hippest spots in Singapore. At Salad (25/27 Haji Lane), monochromatic shades are the theme for its merchandise consisting of home décor and fashion accessories, while Pluck (31/33 Haji Lane) satiates your appetite for vintage accessories and …. ice cream, with its very own ice cream parlour. Do a real treasure hunt at the House of Japan (55 Haji Lane), a precious trove of second-hand clothing and vintage items, including limited edition tees from Japan. And if you like your music straight up cool and edgy, check out Straits Records (43 Haji Lane) for indie and hip-hop tracks from independent labels.

Eat!
Catch a breather and grab a bite at Altazagg Egyptian Restaurant (24 Haji Lane). Order up some kebabs, and a shisha pipe, if the mood so moves you.

Don’t miss!
While at Haji Lane, don’t forget to zip into nearby Bali Lane, Arab Street and the Kampong Glam area where second-hand clothing shops, Turkish restaurants, quaint coffee shops and much more lay in store for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ
One for the road
CityScoops serves up a generous dollop of the ‘real’ Singapore
Put together by a team of locals and expats who truly know what it is to live and breathe Singapore, this city guide is a compendium of cosmopolitan haunts, hip spots and off-the beaten track finds – all unique locales that locals love, and that you should too. Now in its second edition, the 144-page tome features new urban finds that run the gamut of experiences – from shopping and feasting to partying, chilling out and pampering oneself – as well as updates on familiar favourites from its first edition. And, with page after page of vibrant pictures and bite-sized, lively prose, CityScoops is all that more digestible and perfect for your next visit to Singapore.

S$25, available at all major bookstores in Singapore. Or, order your copy online at www.cityscoops.com

#42279 - 28 Jan 07 02:43 Re: singapore [Re: riccardo]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Or you could get caught at the Airport with a bag full of smack and end your stay hanging around Changi Prison...

#42281 - 28 Jan 07 02:56 Re: singapore [Re: Dilli]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Speaking of Changi prison, the last time I went to Singapore (3 weeks ago), I did the Changi prison camp walkabout thing (the old WW2 camp that the Japs held the vanquished aussies and brits). It cost like S$15 and was really, really interesting. The next day, still in a history mode, I did the Battle Box tour in Fort Canning Park. S$8. That was even more fascinating, the day the English surrendered is brought to life in meticulous detail. The park itself might be my favorite place in Singapore. Totally mellow and pristine and literally spitting distance down to busy orchard road on one side and down to Clarke Quay on the other side (it's a big hill). I got some good take-away food and had a little picnic under a great banyan tree.

#42351 - 28 Jan 07 23:57 Re: singapore [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Shesca
Riccardo:

I guess about how exciting Singapore is, is in the eye of the beholder. I went there last August, spent about almost a week there, for the fun purpose. I always avoid going to Singapore for the leisure purpose, that last time I went there doing so was way back in the late 90s. Still, I couldnt find too much change of Singapore that I knew then.

I guess why tourists are going there are due to the number one guaranteed safety, comfort and convenience. And Singapore is as close as they can get to South East Asia experience minus the polution, inconvenience, and possibility of having a safety issue.

I still didnt find the "very man made" Sentosa island to be that exciting, nor the "man made" night safari. And NOTHING is original in Singapore. I mean those people migrated from where they are from, for God's sake. I didnt care about the shopping because most brands they offer there are available in Indonesia. Price? Not a whole lot different, really. For some brands they might be slightly cheaper (certain brands of shoes, etc). Nor the clean streets with a lot of high rise buildings. I guess I tend to go for the nature whenever I go to visit a different country.

Night life? Hm... I honestly think Jakarta's night life is not that bad, so I dont really go for night entertainment whenever I visit a country. And thinking of spending several years working and living there drive me crazy because the country is so DAMN SMALL!!!! Moreover, the things are so in order that it drives me nuts. START MAKING MESS AND BREAK THE RULES, DAMN IT!!! That's the sentence that kept of came to my mind when I was there \:\) Call me crazy, but I still think Jakarta is much more exciting than Singapore.

I strongly agree with you that Jakarta is more exciting than Singapore in a thousand ways. However, nothing is a zero sum game, and I just don't think Singapore can be called "boring" anymore. (Jakarta=wild,adventure,crazy,exciting AND Singapore=safe,fun,entertaining) Singapore now has a very hip, chic, even raw side to it, just that they are sort of below the radar, with some back-alley shopping gems and stylish hangouts for locals. As far as things being man-made, well isn't everything except some untouched virgin forests (where are they??)?

Jakarta, itself, is totally man-made. It was nothing but a big swamp a couple hundred years ago, but the Dutch, with a lot of help from industrious, smart Chinese folks, created a thriving metropolis, which was once called the "Venice of the East."

#42352 - 29 Jan 07 00:02 Re: singapore [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

But the best thing is Singapore has TACO BELL!! (one in Funan Plaza, another at the top of the Shaw Centre)

#42353 - 29 Jan 07 00:11 Re: singapore [Re: riccardo]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Aduhhhh.....ricc! Now you make me crave for TACO BELL,...and JACK IN THE BOX,....and RED LOBSTER,....even the SIZZLER cheap prime rib steak and their cheese toast - Sizzler here sucks!

#42355 - 29 Jan 07 02:27 Re: singapore [Re: Lulu]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Riccie:

As I said, it's on the eye of the beholder.
No matter what you said, I still find Singapore to be very boring. Sorry. smile

#42390 - 29 Jan 07 11:00 Re: singapore [Re: Shesca]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

LOL Shesca!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  NetCop