Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41812 - 24 Jan 07 10:04 Reasons WE love BUSH
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
REASON #1.. Kate BUSH is a great singer/musician

REASON #2.. There is some beautiful scenery when you are out in the BUSH

REASON #3.. A nice, healthy BUSH is beautiful in a garden.

REASON #4.. Natalia BUSH is a nice, wholesome Italian Model/Actress.

REASON #5 Areas with pristine BUSHland make an ideal locale for leisure activities.

REASON #6 When George Dubya BUSH's new education law gets passed, world Geography exams will be soooo much simpler and understandable.

REASON #7 When BUSH eventually conquers the world it will be so much easier to get a BIG MAC in Afghanistan.

REASON #8 It's lovely to take a stroll near the harbor with some nice BUSH along the pathway.

THAT'S ABOUT ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW,
ANYBODY ELSE HAVE SOME MORE REASONS WHY
WE ALL LOVE BUSH SO MUCH?

#41817 - 24 Jan 07 12:44 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
dolphin Offline
Member+++

Loc: auckland, nz
hehehe......

#41818 - 24 Jan 07 13:45 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: dolphin]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Just one: his monkey face.

IT DOES look like a monkey smile

#41821 - 24 Jan 07 14:25 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Shesca]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Did you mean a Chimpanzee Shesca??

#41822 - 24 Jan 07 14:27 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

REASON #9 BUSH makes for THE ABSOLUTE BEST comic material.

EXACTLY, "Even if you win, you're still retarded"!!!!!

#41840 - 24 Jan 07 23:52 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

When I was younger, everyone took the piss out of Reagan. He was portrayed (just like Bush is) as an idiot, a warmonger, a tool of the business lobby, etc.

It is worth remembering that Reagan ended the cold war. He restored Americas strength and prosperity.

He was not the idiot that fools portrayed him to be. These days we know a lot more of the reasons why did acted the way he did.

History will show GW Bush to have acted correctly, and not be the fool he is portrayed as. Remember – an apple looks flat to an ant, just as the Earth looks flat to us. We don’t see the big picture.

#41841 - 24 Jan 07 23:54 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

When I was younger, everyone took the piss out of Reagan. He was portrayed (just like Bush is) as an idiot, a warmonger, a tool of the business lobby, etc.

It is worth remembering that Reagan ended the cold war. He restored Americas strength and prosperity.

He was not the idiot that fools portrayed him to be. These days we know a lot more of the reasons why did acted the way he did.

History will show GW Bush to have acted correctly, and not be the fool he is portrayed as. Remember – an apple looks flat to an ant, just as the Earth looks flat to us. We don’t see the big picture.

#41844 - 25 Jan 07 00:14 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

"History will show GW Bush to have acted correctly"

.... PB I will save this positing to my PC and e-mail it to you in 20 years. I really cant see history doing Bush any favours

#41857 - 25 Jan 07 01:34 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: chewwyUK]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
"History will show GW Bush to have acted correctly"

.... PB I will save this positing to my PC and e-mail it to you in 20 years. I really cant see history doing Bush any favours

Well no one saw Reagan getting a good school report either, which was my point. History and world events are best viewed like restaurant reviews - long after the meal is eaten and the dysentry is over. smile

#41874 - 25 Jan 07 02:51 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Dubya is the "flavor of the decade" for ridicule. BUT, I despise, and loath with every cell of my body, those that jump on bandwagons to crucify someone -- without intelligent analysis -- simply because they know they'll get support from their fellow "bandwagon-ites".

One reason people rely on this bandwagon "support" is to avoid having to think for themselves. Ridiculing Dubya as a retard or a chimp is nothing more than a cheap cliché and by relying on clichés, these shallow bandwagon-ites have pandered to a shared understanding, have taken a short-cut to avoid actual thinking.

Some sayings and idioms can be of some use for conveying ideas quickly, but clichés are witless and boring...

And so back to G.W. Bush and the motivation behind this thread; I was doing sort of a reverse parody on the bandwagon-ites for a bit of fun. Largely, because I recently heard this from certain people after I'd mentioned something Bush/America did that was clearly something good and positive, "oh my gawd, what are you talking about ricc, Bush is an asshole EVERYBODY hates him, you should never point out anything positive ..."

I suppose it was a type of exhortation or invitation to join the bandwagon. My sense of right and wrong (as twisted as some may feel that is) will never allow me to issue a blanket dismissal of all that Bush does or stands for or join anybody's bandwagon. Sure, he's done some questionable things and deserves some legitimate questioning and criticism, but that will never stop me from seeing all sides and judging each on its merits, not because I dislike a person or the principles he/she stands for.

#41875 - 25 Jan 07 03:03 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
-- Herbert B. Swope; Pulitzer Prize-winning editor/journalist who coined the term "Cold War"

#41877 - 25 Jan 07 03:18 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

hmmm - i dont have a problem with the way he looks ... just the fact that

He feels that anybody who isnt in his church is an evil terrorist

He is the leader of the most powerful country in the world and cant string two words together

He is a republican

His daddy was the head of the CIA

He just wont admit his only interest in the middle east is the Oil

Edited by chewwyUK (25 Jan 07 04:07)

#41882 - 25 Jan 07 03:46 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: chewwyUK]
naga Offline
Member++

Loc: undisclosed location
"When I was younger, everyone took the piss out of Reagan. He was portrayed (just like Bush is) as an idiot, a warmonger, a tool of the business lobby, etc."

"It is worth remembering that Reagan ended the cold war. He restored Americas strength and prosperity. "

He was not the idiot that fools portrayed him to be. These days we know a lot more of the reasons why did acted the way he did. "

Yes, he was an idiot and history has proven he was another intellectual lightweight, especially his incompetence during the Iran-Contra scandal, he was simply lucky that he started losing his memory , it saved his political ass...and for the record, i'm a Reagan fan. Reagan didn't end shit, it's just that he had a far more experienced and competent machine behind him, who made him appear strong, well-informed, competent, etc...the cold war naturally dissipated via internal Soviet politics, Reagan got lucky...again..remember the CIA even publically admitted they didn't predict it or see it coming.

Reagan's team was focused on foreign affairs, not SOLEY on business, which is the key difference between his administration and the Bush oil junta...the line is now irrepairably blurred

"History will show GW Bush to have acted correctly, and not be the fool he is portrayed as."

Christ, surely you jest, history has ALREADY proven that Bush has been wrong on several occasions, they fucked-up the Afghanistan campaign (which i support) and you think they have the skills to fix Iraq?

Intelligent and reasonable people hate Bush becase he is a populist dolt, the idiot son of aristocracy who never had an original thought in his life, who never worked a day in his life, never was successful at anything without having the rules manipulated in his favour.

He's a decent orator when he's presented with a simple script in front of a compliant audience, but put him in front of an indpendent journo who won't lose their job(ie. not an American who would be too scared to ask the hard questions and call him on his lies and fuck-ups etc.) and he would be exposed for what he is, nothing more than a puppet trying to win his father's approval.

What Dubya is good at is domestic politics, he knows his domestic market very well, he knows when to play the god card, when to play the terror card, when to pull the multicultural card..

His problem is that he is genuinely inarticulate and can't convey complex concepts to anybody other than the dolts in doltland USA, which leaves him open to attack by the self-righteous American left...

#41888 - 25 Jan 07 04:03 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: naga]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

The problem is Naga , neither you not I really know the whole story. I’m not privy t what the CIA tell Bush, and I doubt you are either.

In 30 years time we may know SOME of the reasons behind what has been going on.

What is fucking up Afganistan???? Well I have mates there now. Guys I have served alongside. They tell me about how EVERY Afghan caries a rifle. And Terrorists don’t wear uniforms (David Hicks for instance).

So you cant shoot anyone, cos you might hit a “normal” raving lunatic Afghan, not a terrorist raving lunatic. (Both eth normal lunatics and the Terosits think it is fun to shoot Westerners….. by the way)

Of course 50 years ago you would have shot the whole fucking lot. “Carry a gun and we shoot you”. But the raving left (who are as crazy as the Terrorists) have funny ideas about “fair play”. Seems its fiar to catch a Westerner and cut his throat on TV, but not fair to shoot a gun toting asshole Mulsim.

BUT – MUCH MORE TO THE POINT – I had a mate back from Kandahar Airbase, where he was shot at most days, and mortared most nights. The situation there is REALLY fucked up.

We went for a beer in 3 Monkeys bar. It was full of Pakistani and Lebanese Muslims. NONE had a drink, but they were pinching girls arses on the dance floor. When security were called they started fighting and shouting “you pick on us cos we are Muslims”.

My mate sipped his beer and said – “whilst we are fighting in Afghanistan, the war is being lost here in this very bar”. Which pretty well sums up the entire situation.

GWB’s problem is he isn’t tough enough to tell the rest of the world to fuck off or fix it themselves. That is the legacy of assholes like Clinton.

#41890 - 25 Jan 07 04:10 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
George W is on his way to prison. it would not surprise me to see an international arrest warrant issued sometime over the next few years.

just a pity the amerikan public who put him there will not be similarly put on trial, for entrusting their nation's apparatus to such a moron.

#41891 - 25 Jan 07 04:18 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

As for “fixing up Iraq” I don’t think fo a moment it was ever on the cards. The USA is a lot brighter than it seems. United countries are dangerous. Smaller, destabilised ones are safer. I am on record (I think including on this site) predicting that Iraq will end up three states at perpetual animosity and semi war with each other. Sharia, Sunni and Kuursish. They are well on the way.

It is a classic tactic. The Sunni and Shiite are to busy killing each other to be able to attack the West. Just like Hammas and Hezbollah are too busy killing each other in Gaza to be able to threaten Israel.

But of course the USA doesn’t want to admit such tactics.

Look at it this way. Iraq has cost 3000 US soldiers lives. Petty cash compared to most wars. And it has flushed out EVERY terrorist in the world. The CIA now know every asshole, and slowly but surely it will eradicate them one by one. Thus ending a threat that could have resulted in the end of the world as we know it. Based upon that theory it’s a brilliant move…. For a small price.

At least the killing is in downtown Bagdad, not downtown LA.

(The big worry is if they adopt the same tactic in Indonesia – and I would. Flush the fuckers out by destabilising Indonesia. Have street warfare in Jalan Jaksa NOT in Sydney….

(That is the TRUE cost of attacking the World Trade Centre. Dont blame the USA, blame teh guys who started this madness)

#41897 - 25 Jan 07 05:10 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Hmmm. I am fast becoming a fan of naga .... keep on posting

#41902 - 25 Jan 07 05:36 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
naga Offline
Member++

"What is fucking up Afganistan???? Well I have mates there now"

So did i, so what...

The decision to not finish the job, the diversion to Iraq, the failure to supply more than 10,000 troops and use only a handful of SF and not replace them, that is the fuck-up i am talking aobut. Afghanistan is still a half-arsed military campaign, if they don't think they have the resources to sort out Iraq, how the fuck are they going to do it in A with only 5% of the resources they are putting into I?

All campaigns and strategies have follow-on effects, the general public and the serving military are a little sharper and posess a bit more foresight than brain-dead pollies think, hence the reason why nobody wants to join the military anymore....why should you go to a unwinnable, political war...ala Vietnam?

The world economy is strong and there are plenty of choices out there, so why put it all at risk for a bunch of lies and for a bunch of wogs who don't want you there?

“whilst we are fighting in Afghanistan, the war is being lost here in this very bar”.

Yes, because successive govts had an open door immigration policy where Oz became the world's dumping ground for all the uneducated, unskilled and non-english speaking shit of the world, hence their inability to intergrate, not because Al-Qaeda all of a sudden decided to eliminate the infidel nation...remember the Muhjadadin were our friends in the 80's and now that they are Al-Qaeda, all of a sudden they want to destroy our way of life? bullshit.

"I am on record (I think including on this site) predicting that Iraq will end up three states at perpetual animosity and semi war with each other. Sharia, Sunni and Kuursish."

i agree and fuck them all...

"Iraq has cost 3000 US soldiers lives. Petty cash compared to most wars. And it has flushed out EVERY terrorist in the world. The CIA now know every asshole, and slowly but surely it will eradicate them one by one. Thus ending a threat that could have resulted in the end of the world as we know it. Based upon that theory it’s a brilliant move…. For a small price."

Jeeezus, do you actually believe that shit?....3000 soldiers is a hellavu lot considering they lost approx. 126 in the last one, not to mention 15,000 recorded casualties, not to mention the 200,000 mentally fucked up, bitter, twisted and generally pissed off veterans who are going to rotate back into society and wonder why they didn't get their home-coming heroes parade too?

Life in America is a zero-sum game, you are either a winner or a loser, there is nothing in between, they aren't winning now and they are not going to win in Iraq, they will be the next generation of mass drug addicts, suicides and guys who go into post offices and McD's and off 25 people including themselves..that's one big price to pay i would think..

Based on theory it's a complete clusterfuck..you put way too much credit on the CIA's comptetence, They are a massive bureaucracy with very few competent field officers, overmanaged by a shitload of manadarins wanting to socre career points, they also don't have the resources to fill an ever-expanding mandate.

They have scored a few wins, but they botched the 'rendition operations', (which i personally think is good idea and luv the concept of terrorising the terrorists), but at the end the of day, be good at what you do! The Israelis don't fuck these things up like the Seppo's do....

If Uncle Sam wanted to scare the world and show everybody who's really in charge they would have called N Korea's bluff and taken them out, then they would stopped fucking about with the terrorist regime in Tehran and given them an ultimatum, stop anti-Western/Israeli/USA operations around the world or you will cease to exist...all Iranian assets will be become American ones no matter where, and WE will install a 'democratic govt' in your god foresaken country...blah, blah, blah

The yanks do not understand strategy and they have proven they do not learn from history, only now are they studying counter-insurgency manuals that were written by Aussie ruperts!! wtf??

They won't learn from this one either, they will write their own history about how they won in Iraq, meanwhile they have lost the initiative in the 'War on Terror'...they still have not adopted any basic principles from the 'The Art of War'...know yourself, your enemy, etc...

"(The big worry is if they adopt the same tactic in Indonesia – and I would. Flush the fuckers out by destabilising Indonesia. Have street warfare in Jalan Jaksa NOT in Sydney…. "

It will never happen on a serious level, the 'Muslim extremists in Indo' only exist becuase they are proxies of elements of the TNI, PKS and Muhammadyah who want to remain relevant and retain power structures and hence access to easy money.

People still believe they are independent and organic, they aren't; they are only the political weapon these institutions have left, nobody outside the country wants to acknowledge or adress this dirty little issue because the Muslim mafia that want to Arabize Indonesia don't have the skills, vision or sophistication to be able to modernise or sell their message to the masses, fear and loathing is far easier to perpetrate...

#41903 - 25 Jan 07 05:42 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Polar Bear
(That is the TRUE cost of attacking the World Trade Centre. Dont blame the USA, blame teh guys who started this madness)

The Qaeda boys literally gave the USA a blank check -- carte blanche, a friggin' Royal mandate -- to level every country with islamists with that one brilliant stroke on Sept. 11. It doesn't matter if it was Bush, Clinton, Carter, Kerry or Al Bore as president. No matter who was in power at the time, the USA's arsenal was always going to be unleashed for a massive worldwide offensive against all terrorists and/or those who sympathize and support them. Reagan actually might've gone even further like tactical nukes, hitting Iran, Indonesia, Phillipines and N. Korea for good measure -- and hitting them hard. Nixon would have, even JFK would have ( and he wasn't a Republican, remember it was Democrats Harry Truman who gave the order to nuke the Japs and FDR to level Dresden etc...). For that matter, Tony Blair would have, Chirac would have, Putin damn sure would have, had Qaeda taken out Red Square, the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben.

GW Bush, as PB points out, has held back a bit too much to appease the the lefty whiners even though the psychos gave him carte blanche.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to give us REASON #10 for loving BUSH. Come on Chew, I know you must love a bit of BUSH now and again.

#41904 - 25 Jan 07 05:42 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: chewwyUK]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Reagan was a brain-damaged tool, while Bush was both used as and is a tool.

This big picture of yours PB. Are you talking about global war? The clash of civilizations? Rounding up Muslims and shipping them to desert concentration camps?

Regardless, either by design but probably by dumb accident, Bush has polarized the world against the West and rather than address root causes etc etc, he thinks American might is right, when he has demonstrated it is not so. He has inflamed the situation in a not-so-subtle bid to ensure the US's and the West's continued dominance.

Is there anything wrong the world sitting down together around a table (somewhere other than the UN for god's sake) and discussing this like adults, allowing developing nations to air grievances, including the what should be the world's number one concern, the growing gap between rich and poor.

Anyway, Bush has even polarized his own country. Nice work for 'the leader of the free world'.

Cut and paste

AP-AOL news poll reveals America perplexed by George W. Bush

DULLES, Va. - A new poll from The Associated Press and AOL News has discovered that Americans are torn in terms of their perception of President George W. Bush and his performance in 2006.

When asked to name the past year's biggest villain, Bush was far and away the #1 choice, commanding 25 percent of the vote, distantly trailed by Osama Bin Laden (eight percent), Saddam Hussein (six percent), President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran (five percent), North Korean leader Kim Jong II (two percent) and Donald Rumsfeld (two percent).

Satan only took in one percent of the vote, as did Hugo Chavez, Tom Cruise, Dick Cheney, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Rosie O'Donnell, among others.

On the flipside, Bush also claimed the top spot when Americans were asked to name the year's biggest hero, but with only a trifling 13 percent of the vote.

The troops in Iraq came in second (six percent), followed by Jesus Christ (three percent), Barack Obama (three percent), Oprah Winfrey (three percent), and rock star/philanthropist Bono (two percent).

Other "do-gooders" of 2006, receiving one percent each, included luminaries, business leaders and politicos such as Warren Buffett, George Clooney, Bill Gates, Al Gore, Billy Graham, Angelina Jolie, Colin Powell, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Condoleeza Rice.

When it came to preferences by political affiliation, Democrats were much more aligned with their party line than Republicans. Bush was the choice of 43 percent of Democrats for villain of the year, a more impressive showing than the 27 percent of Republicans who chose Bush as their hero.

#41916 - 25 Jan 07 06:40 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Piss Salon]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Naga - you remind me very much of Fred Floggle and his alter ego CatPain Pisspot. And the guy who posted under a new ID today about someone on this site, (the thread was pulled. And a few other mysterious "new" posters who spring up from time to time.

All I can say Naga is its a free world we live in. You are entitled to your views.

Please dont respond to any of my posts.

#41917 - 25 Jan 07 06:40 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Piss Salon]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Naga - you remind me very much of Fred Floggle and his alter ego CatPain Pisspot. And the guy who posted under a new ID today about someone on this site, (the thread was pulled. And a few other mysterious "new" posters who spring up from time to time.

All I can say Naga is its a free world we live in. You are entitled to your views.

Please dont respond to any of my posts.

#41918 - 25 Jan 07 07:08 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: Polar Bear]
naga Offline
Member++

i am none of the above and have never posted as anybody else

..don't think too hard, it's not good for your health

#41929 - 25 Jan 07 08:54 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: naga]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

PB, my guarded opinion is that Naga is legit. From his writing style he doesn't resemble JH, aka Capt Main., aka floggle, in my opinion. AND it looks like you guys agree with each other more often than not. AND most of all, Naga hasn't got into the personal insults like those trolls you mention and others particularly like xsbir. I say give Naga a chance.

Okay then, REASON #10 is: Maybe dilli has some ideas?

#41935 - 25 Jan 07 09:48 Re: Reasons WE love BUSH [Re: riccardo]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
PB, naga is completely legit. yes, he's opinionated (like you! wink ). he's also better informed than the average bule.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  NetCop