Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41626 - 23 Jan 07 03:26 Indo women -- not all want bule
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
I know this has been done to death but I just want to put a final explanation / statement on this site in the hope that PB understand what other on this site are trying to explain.

The problem we have here PB is that you are claiming that all Indonesian Women or the majority of Indonesian women throw themselves at Bule. This is so far from the truth it is not funny.

Nobody is trying to deny that there is a % of Indonesian women that go for bule guys and target that group only. But when you look at the population of this country this represents a very small % of the women in Indonesia.

Your impression comes from the areas / places you hang out. Yes if you go to a bar or a club that serves alcohol you will find a high % of bule hunters. That is because they know that Bule will be there and that its like shooting fish in a barrel. Again if you go to Ambassador Mall you will find many bule hunters as they know we like out DVD’s and they have a good shot at picking somebody up.

The chances are if you are a bule in Indonesia you will be going to very bule friendly places. The small % of bule hunters will target those areas because they know their prey! That is why you have this impression a bule walks around with women throwing themselves at them.

If you explore the areas and restaurants / meeting places that are not populated by bule you will find your experience very different. You will find that some girls may smile or stare but that is more from curiosity than wanting to jump your bones. You will also find many of the girls who do not have sex, do not drink and are “good Muslim girls”

Many Indonesian girls wont have anything to do with bules because of the reputation we have. Look around you and you will see more Indo girls with Indo guys than Bule with Indo.

Nobody here is denying that as a bule you know where to go to get attention from girls and an easy lay. But it is not like that everywhere you go!

#41627 - 23 Jan 07 03:48 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: chewwyUK]
jok Offline
Member**

Chewwy....., you sound been live here up teen years in indo!

#41628 - 23 Jan 07 03:52 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: jok]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Only two years Ela but I am a fast learner ...

#41629 - 23 Jan 07 03:56 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: chewwyUK]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
Well young mind works entirely different than old mind....

#41631 - 23 Jan 07 04:00 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Lulu]
jok Offline
Member**

Chewwy..., i think your explanation on shout box this morning should be clear for PB. it was really nice explanation though!

#41635 - 23 Jan 07 04:05 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: jok]
The Great Gonzo Offline
Member+

Loc: Big Durian
Damn you for shattering my dream! wink

#41637 - 23 Jan 07 04:12 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: The Great Gonzo]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Be patient drgonzo, wait and see...perhaps it's not all shattered.

#41638 - 23 Jan 07 04:15 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Lulu]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

drgonzo --- dont worry if you just limit yourself to a few places you can fool yourself in to thinking that your are the most handsome man that has ever walked on this earth and any girl would be lucky to have anight with you. Its a condition many bule suffer from when working in asia

#41639 - 23 Jan 07 04:18 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Lulu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
I've been in Jakarta for over two years now and, in general, must agree with Chewwy! Bats, CJ's, Stix, Tiga Puluh, the Blok etc tend to have that % he refers to.

Travel south (or even north) for that matter, away from the CBD, normal girls are everywhere. Cillandak Town Square, Pondok Indah Mall, Taman Angrek etc are hardly full of bule hunters.

Not once, in all my time have I ever been approached by an Indonesian Girl outwith the "usual bule hangouts" although, having said that, if I am in these places, I am approached consistently.

Two sides to every viewpoint, I agree with PB when clarifying "hot spots" and agree with Chewwy on the "rest of Jakarta"

#41641 - 23 Jan 07 04:21 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: chewwyUK]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

That's right. Just take Chewwy's advice drgonzo, because the condition (i prefer to call it a disease) won't do u any good in the long run...unless u only have limited time...wink

#41642 - 23 Jan 07 04:24 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Lulu]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

OK Chewwy, My explanation.

Lets ignore the fact that you are dating a local girl. And that pretty well EVERY girl on this site is dating a bule, and pretty well every bule on this site is dating a local girl.

Lets go down to real basics.

Yes - in some far off Kampung there are girls who are not dating bules. Why? Well lets look at the reasons:

Firstly, they don’t speak English. So they are limited in ability to get one.

Secondly, the bules are in the big cities not in the kampungs.

Thirdly, social pressures in the kampungs are far greater than in the cities.

However, lets not fools ourselves into thinking that these girls wouldn’t want a bule if they could get one. Why? Well bules are different, they are perceived (wrongly to be wealthy) and they are more worldly.

Its worth noting that life for a woman in Indonesia isn’t that good. Its still a male dominated state, womens rights are less than those of a man. This become more evident the further down the social strata you go, and the deeper you go into the Kampungs.

The idea of catching a bule and getting out of the situation is appealing to most girls. The problem with most of the girls is they don’t have the mean and the access to bules.

If the girls get the means and the access, they will try to snare a bule.

So – in conclusion, you are right but not for the reasons you think. Its not because these girls don’t want a bule, its because they are conditioned into thinking they cannot have one, the kampong elders watch over them, and there are no bules in town.

If we were to take some local girl out of the kampong and drop her in Jakarta, within a few weeks she would be after a bule….. Which would rather prove my point.

#41646 - 23 Jan 07 04:50 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: chewwyUK]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
Your impression comes from the areas / places you hang out.

so tell me Chewwy, where do I hang out?

More to the point, where do you hang out.... YEP - in the bule bars where the bule drink....

The real issue is this – take a good look around you. Look at the average Indonesian guy. Is he going to marry a girl and take her to somewhere exciting like London, New York, Paris? Will he give her a new passport to a country which is not slowly turning to Sharia Law? Will he take her to a country where people are paid to be unemployed? Where hospitals are free and medical care is good. Where the state pays you a pension. Where the roads aren’t full of giant potholes and pavements don’t exist.

On top of that most of the local guys treat wives like part of the furniture. They don’t have the same marriage partnership relationship that you find in the west.

And finally, bules have crated a myth about themselves, via Hollywood etc. James Bond is a bule. Even Shesca said to me once – I expected more from an Englishman.

And then you wonder why some poor bloody girl wants a bule to rescue her….

#41647 - 23 Jan 07 04:51 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: chewwyUK]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Many Indonesian girls wont have anything to do with bules because of the reputation we have. Look around you and you will see more Indo girls with Indo guys than Bule with Indo. (ChewwUk)

you exactly right! many INA gals wont bule! but not only becase of the "reputation", some opinions coming from my friends, here are:
1. I can't speak English, so that's why I can't choice a bule as my boyfriend
2. No bule like me, coz I'm not good looking in bule's eyes but I'm a perfect girl in Indo's eyes
3. sometimes was too hard to make a communication with bule..coz we're different
4. most of bule are bastard, just fucking around and never serious
5. I can't do sex before marry, whereas for bule it's normal
6. I prefer go with Indo guy but rich Indo than bule but not not much $$$$..

well, it was converstions, between me and my class mates...

Nobody here is denying that as a bule you know where to go to get attention from girls and an easy lay. But it is not like that everywhere you go! (ChewwUK)

once more..you exactly right, depend of places, depend of gals you want, depend of you as a bule

but also can't tell a lies that bule that coming or living in Indo look so wonderful wink

hope understand and can accept it smile

cheers

Edited by Jokie Jokie Girl (23 Jan 07 04:53)

#41652 - 23 Jan 07 05:04 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Jokie Jokie Girl

1. I can't speak English, so that's why I can't choice a bule as my boyfriend
2. No bule like me, coz I'm not good looking in bule's eyes but I'm a perfect girl in Indo's eyes
3. sometimes was too hard to make a communication with bule..coz we're different
4. most of bule are bastard, just fucking around and never serious
5. I can't do sex before marry, whereas for bule it's normal
6. I prefer go with Indo guy but rich Indo than bule but not not much $$$$..

Thank you for your honesty and openness JJG. This is exactly how I see things, and what I argued above. It isnt that the majority of Indonesian girls DONT WANT a bule - its sipmly that they CANT GET a bule.... smile

#41661 - 23 Jan 07 06:08 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: chewwyUK]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: chewwyUK
If you explore the areas and restaurants / meeting places that are not populated by bule you will find your experience very different. You will find that some girls may smile or stare but that is more from curiosity than wanting to jump your bones. You will also find many of the girls who do not have sex, do not drink and are “good Muslim girls”

You mean like EP????

Shoutbox quote: x] [chewwyUK] Dilli -- ow long are you in EP?

smile smile

Maybe you are right, I should live longer in JKT.....

#41662 - 23 Jan 07 06:13 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Polar Bear]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hey PB, EP is a mix of Indonesians, Brits, Aussies, Americans, Dutch all ages and it plaays some of the best music in town at the weekends.

I have never seen any unattended ayam types there. Actually I think you would like it as there is a good mix and great atmosphere. It is a proper pub

#41663 - 23 Jan 07 06:16 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Funnily enough, as an aside, a lot of the people who drink there travel to and from the EP by Bajaj or Ojek.

#41665 - 23 Jan 07 06:21 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Dilli]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Dilli
Hey PB, EP is a mix of Indonesians, Brits, Aussies, Americans, Dutch all ages and it plaays some of the best music in town at the weekends.

I have never seen any unattended ayam types there. Actually I think you would like it as there is a good mix and great atmosphere. It is a proper pub

I dont know it, but I can picture it as being part of Bule Land. Which was why I made my cynical remark....

Living in Jakarta for 50 years and spending your time in EP, Bugils, BATTS etc will teach you as much about Indonesia as living in LA Chinatown will teach you about the USA. smile

#41667 - 23 Jan 07 06:31 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Dilli]
TeDdYBeAr Offline
Member++

Well, for me, even though most of the time I am on the comunity of Bule or foreigners, never occur in my mind that I will date with Bule. I even never meet with them, in fact only one time. That was uhmmm 8 years ago, and nothing happen between me and him. I never have in my mind that I wish I can make him my BF.

Some point, if I marry to a bule, I am sure I can get out from this Indonesia, BUT it means I will stay alone there and I can't ( barely ) meet with my family again. This what make a girl will think maybe 10 times before decided to marry a Bule.

so I agree with Cheww, that not all Indonesian Girl wants to have Bule as their BF or Husband. No matter what girl perfer to have safety on her life. Having a Bule or foreigner as a BF or Husband, not at all will guarantee my future.

I learn alot about life and life not all about fun but sometimes we have to think 5 years ahead about our future. I have my chances to have a Bule BF, I can speak english, I do coresponding with bule outside of Indonesia, But I am not chasing them smile

#41671 - 23 Jan 07 07:31 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: TeDdYBeAr]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta

well, you're right, mam smile
Well, for me, even though most of the time I am on the comunity of Bule or foreigners, never occur in my mind that I will date with Bule. I even never meet with them, in fact only one time. That was uhmmm 8 years ago, and nothing happen between me and him. I never have in my mind that I wish I can make him my BF. (TeDdyBeAr)

I worked in local community..and also chinese community..there's no bule at all...never think too much about bules..and finally I had a Frenc boyfriend when I worked as reporter..
worked in Chinese Community I met with an American..those guys that never in my mind..
in my mind was: trying to find an indo guy and marry me as commenly..but I never found!
now, I'm working at foreign company..meet with foreigners most of the day...most of my boss's clients are foreigner...honestly I tell: I didn't think too much that one of them I can take as a boyfriend, I met them coz of work, I went out with them coz It's a part of my job, but finnally I got one laugh

Some point, if I marry to a bule, I am sure I can get out from this Indonesia, BUT it means I will stay alone there and I can't ( barely ) meet with my family again. This what make a girl will think maybe 10 times before decided to marry a Bule. (TeDdyBeAr)

yeah, alots of things we have to think when decided to marry a foreigner..
not only about left Indonesia as our lovely country, change the sitizen, or can't meet with families again...but alooootttts!!!

so I agree with Cheww, that not all Indonesian Girl wants to have Bule as their BF or Husband. No matter what girl perfer to have safety on her life. Having a Bule or foreigner as a BF or Husband, not at all will guarantee my future. (TeDdyBeAr)

don't you agree with jokie, TB wink ,of course-lah not all!! as I told above... all the choices in our hands..go with a foreigner and stay with Indo guy..coz marry with a foreigner it's not guarantee to happy always smile

I learn alot about life and life not all about fun but sometimes we have to think 5 years ahead about our future. I have my chances to have a Bule BF, I can speak english, I do coresponding with bule outside of Indonesia, But I am not chasing them (TeDdyBeAr)

I go with you! life is so beautiful if you make it enjoy but life is so bad if you make it hard.. wink
well, everyone have the same chance to have a foreigner BF..whoever! even you that can speak english or me that can't speak english or somebody else that really can't understand English at all..

hope I'm correct wink

cheerrs ya
jokie

#41673 - 23 Jan 07 07:50 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
TeDdYBeAr Offline
Member++

TB hugs JJG smile
Like your explanation and it make me speechless smile

Cheers

#41674 - 23 Jan 07 07:51 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Dilli]
Lulu Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Dilli
Funnily enough, as an aside, a lot of the people who drink there travel to and from the EP by Bajaj or Ojek.

So??????

#41675 - 23 Jan 07 08:07 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Polar Bear]
Shesca Offline
Member*

Quoting: Polar Bear
Even Shesca said to me once – I expected more from an Englishman.

Tell me exactly when did I tell you this?
As far as I remember, I dont think I did.

#41676 - 23 Jan 07 08:13 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: Shesca]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Shesca
Quoting: Polar Bear
Even Shesca said to me once – I expected more from an Englishman.

Tell me exactly when did I tell you this?
As far as I remember, I dont think I did.

I will find it and post it to prove you did........

#41677 - 23 Jan 07 08:25 Re: Indo women -- not all want bule [Re: TeDdYBeAr]
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: TeDdYBeAr
Well, for me, even though most of the time I am on the comunity of Bule or foreigners, never occur in my mind that I will date with Bule. I even never meet with them, in fact only one time. That was uhmmm 8 years ago, and nothing happen between me and him. I never have in my mind that I wish I can make him my BF.

Some point, if I marry to a bule, I am sure I can get out from this Indonesia, BUT it means I will stay alone there and I can't ( barely ) meet with my family again. This what make a girl will think maybe 10 times before decided to marry a Bule.

so I agree with Cheww, that not all Indonesian Girl wants to have Bule as their BF or Husband. No matter what girl perfer to have safety on her life. Having a Bule or foreigner as a BF or Husband, not at all will guarantee my future.

I learn alot about life and life not all about fun but sometimes we have to think 5 years ahead about our future. I have my chances to have a Bule BF, I can speak english, I do coresponding with bule outside of Indonesia, But I am not chasing them smile

Teddy Bear, if I read your post correctly:

You only met a bule socially, once, eight years ago. So as I mentioned before, you simply lack the opportunity.

And no one has told you yet: When you marry a bule, you can take your whole family with you. So your extended family arrive in USA or Australia. Grandma goes straight into a good hospital. Mum get that operation she has been needing for years. Dad gets a good job paying more in a week than he earned in a lifetime. Young brother gets to go to university, and you get a nice house with two cars.

And you are already corresponding with a bule…… That is the first step…. smile smile smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop