Indonesia, Qatar to set up joint investment fund

Jakarta (Antara News) - Indonesia and Qatar are planning to set up a joint investment fund for equity sharing for which Indonesia will gain 15 percent of capital, while the remaining 85 percent will go to Qatar.

"This investment fund aims to support the building of infrastructure projects in Indonesia," Finance Minister Sri Mulyani said after a limited meeting at the vice presidential office here on Thursday.

According to her, the joint investment fund of Indonesia and Qatar had been one of the results of the president`s visit to the Middle East some time ago.

The setting up of the joint investment fund is expected to net funds from the Middle Eastern countries in a bid to build infrastructure projects in Indonesia.

Under an agreement, she added, the government of Indonesia will get a 15 percent share, while Qatar the remaining 85 percent.

Asked about the total Indonesia has to pay, the minister said she could not yet mention the exact figure, but it may reach Rp15 trillion.

It is for that reason that the amount is still being calculated at her office. Earlier, the government confirmed that the infrastructure projects include the building of 1000 kms toll roads in Java, 1000 public apartment buildings and some airports, seaports and power plants. (*)
_________________________ Indonesian Business and Investment News Aggregator