Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41270 - 19 Jan 07 10:40 US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Only in Indonesia, the world's first cemetery/fun park, to be built for a staggering US$1.1 billion on the outskirts of J'land.

Puns anybody?

Kuku, I would have posted this on your business pages but access was denied. Reminded me of last night when I came home late and was confronted by my angry girlfriend. P.S. Why do most of your business postings have viewing stats of 1?

#41271 - 19 Jan 07 10:51 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: Piss Salon]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

I am definitely a contender for the National Heroes Garden. Either that or the Garden of Joy.

PT Lippo Karawaci has introduced the country’s first cemetery equipped with a family center. The project, valued at Rp10 trillion (US$1.1 billion) and called San Diego Hills, is located in West Karawang, West Java. The company said it was also the first memorial park in the world to incorporate a family center.
“Buying land for a cemetery is one of the best investments, especially with the decreasing availability of land for cemeteries in Bandung and Jabodetabek [Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang and Bekasi]. It is getting more difficult to find a place to bury our families or relatives,” company spokesman Danang Kemayan Jati said during a press conference on the project here on Thursday.
San Diego Hills President Director Rudy Nanggulangi said the idea to create the park was to ease the dearth of available cemetery plots. Therefore, he said, the company offered the park for, in their terms, pre-need purchase. “Because, like it or not, we are going to need the space,” he added.
The development, which began mid last year, was expected to be completed and sold out within the next seven years. The memorial park would provide as much as 1.2 million plots set in 250 hectares of land.
Asked about the investment, Jati said the company was still making the calculations as the project was ongoing. “The Rp10 trillion is the value of the project, not the investment,” he said.
San Diego Hills Memorial Park Associate Director Suziany Japardy said the price of the tombs varied from Rp3.2 million per space up to as much as Rp30 million per square meter.
At present, out of total of 250 hectares of land provided for the memorial park, the company had finished 25 hectares. “One hectare can provide space for a thousand plots,” she added.
“By building this memorial park, we want to change the perception towards a cemetery,” said Japardy. She said traditional cemeteries were perceived as scary, dark and dirty but at San Diego Hills the view would be nothing like it.
The memorial park would be equipped with houses of worship, multi-function buildings, a restaurant, a park, gift shop and an 8-hectare lake.
There are four categories in the park, namely Earth (or Heavenly Garden), Physical Homes (or Garden of Prosperity/Joy), the Universal (or Garden of Creation), and the National Heroes' Garden.
The last category was provided for those who had made a great contribution to the country's development in arts and culture, education, public service, sports and in the government.

#41272 - 19 Jan 07 10:51 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: Piss Salon]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Quoting: Piss Salon
Only in Indonesia, the world's first cemetery/fun park, to be built for a staggering US$1.1 billion on the outskirts of J'land.

Puns anybody?

in fact, our very own Shesca knows all about this ... she's involved in the marketing of this graveyard cum fun park ...

Quote:
Kuku, I would have posted this on your business pages but access was denied. Reminded me of last night when I came home late and was confronted by my angry girlfriend. P.S. Why do most of your business postings have viewing stats of 1?

the viewing stats for all the forums are way off, and in fact, next to useless. once the latest bug fix version of the message board software is installed, i shall be doing some custom patching of the code to get rid of such extraneous information.

#41273 - 19 Jan 07 11:09 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Does she get a free plot. Perhaps I could buy it off her cheaply? It seems I lost mine.

#41274 - 19 Jan 07 11:36 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: Piss Salon]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Piss Salon
Does she get a free plot. Perhaps I could buy it off her cheaply? It seems I lost mine.

if you whisper sweet nothings into her ear at the next JakChat gathering, maybe she'll do you a good deal ... 2 for the price of 1, or maybe lay-by, or maybe a plot with a good view ...

#41312 - 20 Jan 07 01:26 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
San Diego Hills? Restaurant and gift shop ? You couldn't make it up. What's next? A drive through morgue sponsored by KFC? Drop off ya stiffs and pick up some chicken?

#41313 - 20 Jan 07 01:29 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Bet it has a shopping mall!

Attachments
501-life.jpg

#41352 - 20 Jan 07 03:44 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: Dilli]
Pooh Bah

shouldn't "peoples" have an apostrophe??

#41356 - 20 Jan 07 03:47 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Yes!

The crux of the biscuit is in the Apostrophe!

#41459 - 21 Jan 07 05:16 Re: US$1.1 billion cemetery/fun park [Re: Dilli]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Says it all really!

Attachments
530-analapostrophepolice.gif

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop