Rude, Lewd & Ignorant ... and irresponsible and backward and just plain stupid.

While the USA's Commander in Chief (Bush) has sent his Navy to Indonesia to help find the AdamAir plane, Indonesia's #1 online news source, detik.com thank him by calling him a pig!
http://www.detiknews.com/index.php/detik...8959/idkanal/10

Of course they said that someone else said it, but in actual fact, the quote they used was NOT referring to Bush, but the Iraq war policy. Here's the quote:
New York Congressman Charlie Rangel summarized Democratic scorn at Bush's efforts to spruce up an Iraqi policy that has become increasingly unpopular since the March 2003 invasion.

"As someone once said, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig," Rangel told MSNBC television.
------------------------------------------------
--- Okay there's actually just a lot more stupidity and ignorance in this than poor taste, but I don't know which is worse.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In THE POINT today: While Bush has sent one of his most hi-tech Navy ships to give assistance to Indonesia in a time of need, they have the nerve to do a caricature of Bush with the face of a chimp. (Ok it is funny, and I did have a good laugh about it, but in context it is just plain foolish and irresponsible.)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Also in THE POINT's editorial they refer to Africa using the very outdated, racist term -- "THE DARK CONTINENT."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Certainly Bush is worthy of criticism, he's done a lot to deserve it. And well, of course, he is the Flavor of the Month (and the 40 or 50 months previous!) for bashing, so it's always good to jump on the bandwagon.

However, it seems in poor taste -- at the very least -- that these "news" outlets choose to do it at a time when that same person has offered you a helping hand. tsk tsk...

I don't know, but if I were the captain of that Navy boat, I'd call the C-in-C right now and request permission to just pull out and quit helping these dimwitted ingrates.

[ok now I'll don my helmet before the inevitable barrage from the bandwagon bullies...]